Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does the normal size USB port works?

Hi,
    I use this excellent stick with excellent Finless 1.1 Rom. Everything works as expected except one thing:
    regular, big USB port does not work ... whatever I turn to him, there is no reaction. I tried with wifi mouse, more pieces USB memory stick, USB 2.0 to RJ45 LAN Ethernet Network Adapter ...
    All this work when I turn on the mini USB port.

I'm not sure, I think the wifi mouse worked on eldest stock Rom

Please help me, because I need that Usb port ...

Comment

any clue how to make the wifi signal stronger? its very weak, even my mobile gets better signal on the same place.

Unable to enter play store or open pages, even when it shows 3-4 signal lines from 5

Thanks
      Android devices: Minix X7 (gone) , Minix X8-H , MK808b Plus
      Video Out: Benq W1000+ 1080p Projector
      Audio Out: HDMI -> Yamaha RX-V467B + 5.1 Yamaha Speakers
      Remote: Rikomagic MK702 II, Minix NEO M1
      Storage: NAS Zyxel NSA325v2

Comment

Originally posted by killeriq View Post
        any clue how to make the wifi signal stronger? its very weak, even my mobile gets better signal on the same place.

Unable to enter play store or open pages, even when it shows 3-4 signal lines from 5

Thanks
        Take a look at post #185.

Comment

Originally posted by phinc View Post
          thanks, seems like i got better

Comment

I recently loaded this rom and so far it's great!! Thank you Finless!

Question, I tried plugging in the adapter for my wireless mouse into the OTG port using the OTG cable that is supplied with the stick. It doesn't seem to work when I do this. Mouse works fine in the standard USB port though.

Am I wrong to assume that the OTG port should be able to accept most peripherals?

Comment

Peripherals may or may not play nice

Originally posted by lowridin_guy View Post

Question, I tried plugging in the adapter for my wireless mouse into the OTG port using the OTG cable that is supplied with the stick. It doesn't seem to work when I do this. Mouse works fine in the standard USB port though.

Am I wrong to assume that the OTG port should be able to accept most peripherals?

Given my experience having to compile a driver to get a microsoft natural keyboard to work, I am guessing that most peripherals may be quite different from all peripherals. There are a lot of different devices out there. The default config for the odroid c-1, another m805 based board did not include very many peripherals. I succeeded in compiling and installing the kernel module hid-microsoft.ko, I haven't tried any of the other dozens of modules that I compiled at the same time. (I used insmod to install it with finless 1.1 ROM.) I have not yet found a way to get the install to be automatic at boot. Editing the init.*.rc files was not effective, but at least it didn't hurt anything.
              (used the kernel sources and tool chain at the http://openlinux.amlogic.com/ site.)
              TJ

Comment

Originally posted by lowridin_guy View Post

For me it's the opposite: in the OTG port everything works, but nothing in the standard Usb port ...

Can somebody somehow fix this?

Comment

audio getting taken over by ipazzport airkeybord audio

seems audio options are not working for me it switches to my keyboards audio when plugged in unplugged goes back to hdmi . any simple tweak to stop auto selection or force hdmi altogether or possibly an app to force output . thanks .
                  good work on the rom

Comment

Originally posted by minonano View Post
                    Bob,
                    Always liked your FW, can I use this one on the MK809Plus, is it the same as MK808B Plus, Amlogic 805, but dual wifi band?
                    Please reply.

How is the wifi signal there? no issues like mk808b plus?

Comment

Just received the mk809 plus , wi fi signal looks good but reckon tcp packets etc are crap and need tweaking by Bob along with a few other things , streaming on some apps stutters like crazy , have yet to try kodi , reckon that will stutter also.

Comment

Originally posted by gjs999 View Post
                        Just received the mk809 plus , wi fi signal looks good but reckon tcp packets etc are crap and need tweaking by Bob along with a few other things , streaming on some apps stutters like crazy , have yet to try kodi , reckon that will stutter also.
                        I did not receive mine yet, where did you buy yours, Geekbuying too, also what FW does it come with, as there is a 109K4 on their site, let me know if you installed Finless rom 1.1 on it,
                        Thanks

Comment

audio switch not work

Originally posted by dedicaid View Post
                          seems audio options are not working for me it switches to my keyboards audio when plugged in unplugged goes back to hdmi . any simple tweak to stop auto selection or force hdmi altogether or possibly an app to force output . thanks .
                          good work on the rom
                          Mele f10 pro with audio output: the problem is also similar. Not switch back to hdmi audio. If disconnect or switch back from menu: never switch back. No sound with hdmi out.

Comment

yes got mine from geekbuying . rom was 109k4 but dated 17/03 but site says 19/03 so unsure if its the latest . Not put Finless rom on it yes as the mk808 plus isn't dual wi fi so need to check if its the same wi fi chip set otherwise it wont work . Will try and check and report back .

Comment

Did hdmi-cec may fixear somehow? Taking advantage that almogic to liberated the SDK, correcting this failure.

Comment

Originally posted by cjeman View Post
                                Bob.. Your version 1.1 works well. USB Ethernet works as stated. Having TWRP embedded is really nice. The readme gave some options that I found useful. I did a wipe of the unit then EXT the zip and it installed cleanly. The included 13.4 XBMC .apk works well and I have no issues. Not having a remote to power off and on, I reboot into recovery and leave it there until needed again. As close to Sleep as I can figure. I could not find a wakeme app.
                                Just a newbie here...I have no idea, what i was doing except following your posts. my mk808b+ is updated using TWRP. now when i rebooted, it is back at twrp...not sure what i am doing wrong? all i want to update rom and install Kodi...Can bob or someone else help me (but remember i am not expert like you guys) pretty please...

Comment

Working...
                                X