NEW - MK808B-Plus - Finless ROM 1.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, impressed

Excellent rom Bob, very impressed with the boot animation, the overall stability and the speed.

I do have two questions please:

1) How difficult is it to root a firmware? I used on my U27GT Cube tablet Kingo root and it seems to only have partially rooted the tablet. I could not access the sdcard/internal media in the terminal after su to root.

2) How can I get a 1080p resolution in Android like on my PC? With the 1080p resolution on the box all icons and browser fonts are very big. I also used one of the app (https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...dro.screensize) to check the resolution and it reports 1280x720 even when I selected 1080p in the mbox settings.
    Is it possible to use real 1080p resolution with a browser?

Many thanks.

Great work,
    Kandi
    Last edited by kandinsky; 01-03-2015, 15:09.

Comment

twrp

Any one else having trouble mounting the external sd card in twrp. Also Bob where can i get a 720 twrp?

Found the issue...something about the sd card I was using. PNY isnt working....but sandisk does work. I formatted the pny again but still has issue.
      Last edited by prahjister; 01-04-2015, 03:58.
      Prahjister ****MK808(nonB)****MK808B V5****MK808B Plus****UBOX R89**** CX919****MK808B Pro****Nexbox N9****Eny Em95****Matricon Q2****Tanix TX5 Pro****

Comment

prahjister

I had the same issue.
        Format sd card using `SD Formatter 4.0` fixes the issue.
        What `SD Formatter 4.0 does different I have no idea, but it works.

Last edited by Johnoo; 01-04-2015, 04:52.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnoo View Post
          prahjister

I had the same issue.
          Format sd card using `SD Formatter 4.0` fixes the issue.
          What `SD Formatter 4.0 does different I have no idea, but it works.

https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_4/
          Perfect that worked for me as well.
          Prahjister ****MK808(nonB)****MK808B V5****MK808B Plus****UBOX R89**** CX919****MK808B Pro****Nexbox N9****Eny Em95****Matricon Q2****Tanix TX5 Pro****

Comment

Originally posted by Louis2015 View Post
            Bob,

First, thank you for you great (and very fast) job.

Do you know if this ROM can support "multiple users" (multi profiles)? I usually use that on Android to have my own technical account while leaving the family account free of all that stuff...
            Ok. Using this:

A short tutorial on how to enable multiple user mode on Android 4.2.2 AOSP-based ROMs using either a terminal emulator or an ADB toolkit.

I have been able to create another user. Now, when I reboot the device, I have two users which I can choose from. So multiple users is supported!

But I have no "Users" menu in Settings for now. It probably requires some modification in framework's xml files. Does anybody know how that can be achieved?

(Bob surelery knows and it would be great to have it in Finless 1.2...)

Thanks in advance
            Last edited by Louis2015; 01-05-2015, 08:03.

Comment

MK808B Plus Amlogic M805 Processor

Hi Bob, thanks for your work. CanĀ“t run this flash on my MK808B Plus with M805 processor.
              Is there an issue to solve the problem?

Thanks in advance

Comment

I had a bit of an issue coming from 1.0 to 1.1. For some reason I couldn't it get it to boot to recovery (reset button, reboot app, etc.). Flashing to stock 109K4 with the USB tool fixed that.

And maybe to save someone else a little time, the pre-built TVMC doesn't seem to work very well. You get audio without video from most streaming sources. I tried messing around with permissions and hw/sw acceleration settings with no luck. The included xmbc.apk works great though.

Comment

Flash 1.1

Originally posted by lospiratos View Post
                  Hi Bob, thanks for your work. CanĀ“t run this flash on my MK808B Plus with M805 processor.
                  Is there an issue to solve the problem?

Thanks in advance
                  I had the same problem. If you flash Bob's 1.0 rom you will notice there is no recovery image included so the
                  stock recovery is used. After flashing 1.0 TWRP is installed so when flashing 1.1 just remove the recovery image from the sd card and using Option 1 in the readme file included with the rom use TWRP to flash 1.1
                  Hope this helps., it worked for me.
                  Please be aware I am no expert at this so if you have doubts wait for Bob to reply.

Comment

Sorry for the noob question but does this rom also work on the MXQ S85 boxes?
                    I'd really love to use a finless rom on my new box that I am trying out.

Comment

Bug report

I just flashed my MK808B plus from Finless 1.0 to 1.1.
                      Now whenever the stick is REBOOTED, or POWERED ON.
                      It boots into "DVI" mode without Audio
                      I have to remove the HDMI cable from the stick and put it back to get into "HDMI" mode with Audio.
                      Very strange, and annoying.

To be clear,
                      MK808B plus is connected via supplied HDMI cable to my TV.
                      1.0 ROM did not have the problem.

By the way, Bob, I admire & appreciate your work!

p/s
                      Just did more reading, and I am assuming the problem might be from firmware 109K4.
                      Changelog says "8. Add the support for DVI device".
                      Is there anyway to disable the HDMI switching to DVI during boot process?
                      Last edited by scotchpop; 01-07-2015, 03:23.

Comment

Originally posted by lowridin_guy View Post
                        Sorry for the noob question but does this rom also work on the MXQ S85 boxes?
                        I'd really love to use a finless rom on my new box that I am trying out.
                        Works perfect on my MXQ. The only thing that doesn't work is LAN.

Comment

Originally posted by assmunche View Post
                          Works perfect on my MXQ. The only thing that doesn't work is LAN.
                          Thanks for the reply! Unfortunately no LAN is a deal breaker for me.

Do you know of any other stable custom ROM's for the MXQ?

Comment

Actually the stock 108k4 room is very stable. Just Netflix is a Lil Buffy but still works OK.

Comment

LAN Dongle Stopped Working

I have been running Finless 1.1 on my MK808B Plus for about a week, and this morning I plugged in a USB ethernet dongle, switched the network settings to ethernet and it worked instantly.

After a few minutes, I decided to do a speed test comparison, so I switched back to wifi. But when I tried to switch back to ethernet, it just hangs on Ethernet Connecting.

I have restarted the device to no avail. Any ideas?

Comment

NEW - MK808B-Plus - Finless ROM 1.1

Once rom is installed, is it possible to control this device with Google AndroidTV app?

Sent from my A0001 using Forum Fiend v1.3.

Comment

Working...
                                X