X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by krzmtl View Post
    ok i am going to try to download it.

havent used kodi yet.
    can i copy my userdata and add on folders over form xbmc o is it a new native setup?

The simple answer is yes
    Team UX
    http://www.ultimatexbmc.com/

http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...-ULTIMATE-XBMC

Comment

Originally posted by ultimatexbmc View Post
      The simple answer is yes
      then my simple response is thank you!

Comment

still at it...

so update...
        spmc was very glitchy but loaded into 1080p
        kodi finally installed and set up....loads into 720p xbmc but videos play normal and fullscreen even though box is set to 1080p and tv is reporting that it is on 1080p

13.4 oman's edition played 720p no prob, 1080p had issues....when i chaged back to 720p i was never able to get it to switch back to 1080p in xbmc

i am running kodi currently in 720p (xbmc system info stats), box on 1080p 60hz all setup no issues.
        but i would love to see that it is in fact in 1080p and streaming movies without issues.....which i havent been able to replicate yet.

Comment

After a week with the ROM I can share following experience:

- Behavior is similar to my old CX-919, maybe a bit laggier, but overall it is fast and stable
          - I found NO way to mount NAS dirs via CIFS, which is a huge disadvantage to me. Looks like the main reason is Android itself, as a lot has changed in terms of security and cifs modules have been removed from all 4.2+ kernels. And unfortunately Bob may have not been able to see my post about that
          - there were 3 random freezes so far. The first one happened while using youtube, second one was while watching a movie, the third one I can't specify, as I was not around the box

If Bob can find the cause of that instability and fix it with a new version, and if I manage to make things run via CIFS, that could be a fantastic ROM that turns that cheap device into a powerful media center.

Comment

I don't know where and how you try to mount your cifs, but because Bob's roms always supports init.d you should try this way:
            Code:
            #!/system/bin/sh
            # wait a little bit, e.g. 30 sec.
            sleep 30
            su --mount-master -c mount -rw -o username=[I]<xxx>[/I],password=[I]<xxx>[/I] -t cifs //[I]<IP>[/I]/[I]<share-folder>[/I] /[I]<to-folder-at-device>[/I]
            The su binary now also has a "--mount-master" option that connects you to a su session in the main mount namespace.
            Mount commands in this session should affect all processes.
            This feature has been asked for a lot by devs, and it escapes the need to hijack system services to affect system-wide mounts, which is becoming more complicated with every Android release.
            source: https://plus.google.com/+Chainfire/posts/hLKytCwUm6k
            RK3288 Devices
            - Overview BOX (LINK !)
            - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
            UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
            Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
            Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
            Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

As with usual, great work finless, i have got this to replace my mk808b, running your rom..

any chance we can get a xpad.ko for wireless 360 controllers to work?

Also, does anyone have any idea, the change to make in the vold.fstab to switch internal/external storage? I did this on the mk808 and it was an obvious change, but the file seems to be different on this rom..

thanks so much.

karl

Comment

Originally posted by karl0ss View Post
                As with usual, great work finless, i have got this to replace my mk808b, running your rom..

any chance we can get a xpad.ko for wireless 360 controllers to work?

Also, does anyone have any idea, the change to make in the vold.fstab to switch internal/external storage? I did this on the mk808 and it was an obvious change, but the file seems to be different on this rom..

thanks so much.

karl
                Try this http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...s-Any-Interest
                Prahjister ****MK808(nonB)****MK808B V5****MK808B Plus****UBOX R89**** CX919****MK808B Pro****Nexbox N9****Eny Em95****Matricon Q2****Tanix TX5 Pro****

Comment

Originally posted by no_spam_for_me View Post
                  I don't know where and how you try to mount your cifs, but because Bob's roms always supports init.d you should try this way:
                  Code:
                  #!/system/bin/sh
                  # wait a little bit, e.g. 30 sec.
                  sleep 30
                  su --mount-master -c mount -rw -o username=[I]<xxx>[/I],password=[I]<xxx>[/I] -t cifs //[I]<IP>[/I]/[I]<share-folder>[/I] /[I]<to-folder-at-device>[/I]

source: https://plus.google.com/+Chainfire/posts/hLKytCwUm6k
                  Thank you so much, worked like charm!

Comment

Originally posted by prahjister View Post

Thanks mate, had a look at that, but decided to just go with FolderMount, and to push the data files onto my 32gb sd

It seems strange, it appears we have no gamepad support atall in this rom?

Comment

stable rom, great picture

Testing 1.1 with spmc13.4 3d ISO playback on 720p tv Works fine.

Comment

@Finless

Originally posted by assmunche View Post
                        Works perfect on my MXQ. The only thing that doesn't work is LAN.
                        Could you kindly implement the LAN support like in ROM 1.0 ? Thanks!

Comment

I just got mine today. It came with 107k4. I am not sure what I did wrong, but I could not flash finless 1.1 by using any of the methods listed in the readme file. I even tried the burning tool, and no success.

I finally got it flashed by using the TWRP found in here (http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...l=1#post261469). Now I am enjoying this little thing.

For the USB ethernet dongle, it actually worked for me. But when I try to use static IP, it doesn't allow me to save the setting. Hopefully this whole LAN problem can be fixed in the next ROM release.

I will spend some time playing with it and see how it compares to my old MK908II.
                          MK808B Plus, MK908II

Comment

I can't download the zip file. Or is it just me?

Comment

me too.

Originally posted by ibrahimbenyahya View Post
                              I can't download the zip file. Or is it just me?

Comment

USB Ethernet dongle issues

Simply cannot stream Live TV mpeg2Video .

Stock and Finless ROM 1.1 working perfectly on WiFi.

But for some reason cannot stream properly through USB Ethernet, video stutters/breaks up and audio out of sync.

any ideas whats holding back USB Ethernet dongle, from working properly.
                                Works fine with previous 3066 MK808B
                                Last edited by Johnoo; 01-22-2015, 22:24.

Comment

Working...
                                X