Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TWRP

Originally posted by newguy007 View Post
    Just a newbie here...I have no idea, what i was doing except following your posts. my mk808b+ is updated using TWRP. now when i rebooted, it is back at twrp...not sure what i am doing wrong? all i want to update rom and install Kodi...Can bob or someone else help me (but remember i am not expert like you guys) pretty please...
    I first booted into recovery and did a factory reset. I then ran his .zip from SD card. This installed 1.1. The only point that I was making was that Bob's ROM loads TWRP on booting into recovery. I have not had to use TWRP to recover anything. I find it is a reasonable place to leave the mk800b+ in limbo when I am not using it. Bob's 1.1 is an excellent ROM. Read his readme file and follow his instructions. You will be fine.
    Nvidia Shield (2017 & 2019), A95x Max, WD EX2 NAS

Comment

For those with audio problems using mele f10 pro, try install the app from play store soundabout. There you can choose which audio out you want.

Comment

please forgive me for very basic questions - I tried all methods, but finally my stick got worked with option-4 from bob's instruction. I booted into TWRP and upgraded rom with successfully to 1.1.

My questions:

1. After reboot, i still see TWRP screen, how to install kodi ?
        2. After reboot if sdcard is still inserted, it goes to reset screen - (option to reboot or update from ...)

Can someone please guide me as i already spent several hours without clue/success. Thanks in advance

Comment

please forgive me for very basic questions - I tried all methods, but finally my stick got worked with option-4 from bob's instruction. I booted into TWRP and upgraded rom with successfully to 1.1.

My questions:

1. After reboot, i still see TWRP screen, how to install kodi ?
          2. After reboot if sdcard is still inserted, it goes to reset screen - (option to reboot or update from ...)

Can someone please guide me as i already spent several hours without clue/success. Thanks in advance
          Check out this one:

Maybe that's your problem too.

Comment

Originally posted by androider2 View Post
            This second stick has a hardware issue. The reset button was stuck so always booted to recovery.

I 'fixed' it. It's no longer stuck in reset. I may or may not have voided the warranty in the process :-(
            Hey i am stuck in same situation - can you help me 'fix' the stuck reset button. i used thumb pin to reset, maybe i did something hard

Comment

Hey i am stuck in same situation - can you help me 'fix' the stuck reset button. i used thumb pin to reset, maybe i did something hard
              Here are pictures of my tv...pic 1 after it reboot, clearly shows finless 1.1.
              pic 2...after reboot, screen shows TWRP interface
              pic 3...it shows the rom was successfully updated

after everything TWRP is where i get stuck
              Attached Files

Comment

Here are pictures of my tv...pic 1 after it reboot, clearly shows finless 1.1.
                pic 2...after reboot, screen shows TWRP interface
                pic 3...it shows the rom was successfully updated

after everything TWRP is where i get stuck
                It sounds like the same problem. After the ROM flashes successfully it should boot into the android menu.

The reset button is a micro-switch attached to the motherboard. If you push it with a toothpick, you should here a little click or at least feel it pushing down and back up when you release. If you pushed too hard it may have got jammed.

It sounds like the other guy cracked open his case and "unstuck" the micro-switch. That's why he says "i may have voided my warranty". If you are not comfortable doctoring micro-electronics I guess you could just try to RMA the thing.

If it were me...I'd crack open the case on the $50 device...just for the excitement, rather than figure out how to send it back and get a replacement. But that's just me.

I have 2 of these things on the way and I plan to flash them with the Openelec which is on another thread here. I have the Openelec ROM running on MXIII and Gigabyte BRIX. Also have MXQ and the MK808B plus to try.

Comment

Originally posted by Dukman View Post
                  It sounds like the same problem.
                  It sounds like the other guy cracked open his case and "unstuck" the micro-switch. That's why he says "i may have voided my warranty". If you are not comfortable doctoring micro-electronics I guess you could just try to RMA the thing.
                  ok i open up the stick - how to "unstuck" the reset?

Comment

Originally posted by Fleyd View Post
                    For those with audio problems using mele f10 pro, try install the app from play store soundabout. There you can choose which audio out you want.
                    This prog work! Problem solved! Thx!

Comment

How I can to force the apps in landscape mode? Some of them are in mobile view and this is annoying...

Comment

MK809Plus

Originally posted by gjs999 View Post
                        Just received the mk809 plus , wi fi signal looks good but reckon tcp packets etc are crap and need tweaking by Bob along with a few other things , streaming on some apps stutters like crazy , have yet to try kodi , reckon that will stutter also.
                        Finally received my MK809 Plus, works well, I even tried Finless 1.1, also works, I actually think its picture is sharper, but I noticed the Blue LED light disappeared with Finless, as soon as I installed the stock rom Blue led is back, also does anyone know where the recovery button is???
                        Overall and for the price I like that dongle. only issue is knowing when its off without light also reset button.

Comment

Originally posted by iparaglide View Post
                          Given my experience having to compile a driver to get a microsoft natural keyboard to work, I am guessing that most peripherals may be quite different from all peripherals. There are a lot of different devices out there. The default config for the odroid c-1, another m805 based board did not include very many peripherals. I succeeded in compiling and installing the kernel module hid-microsoft.ko, I haven't tried any of the other dozens of modules that I compiled at the same time. (I used insmod to install it with finless 1.1 ROM.) I have not yet found a way to get the install to be automatic at boot. Editing the init.*.rc files was not effective, but at least it didn't hurt anything.
                          (used the kernel sources and tool chain at the http://openlinux.amlogic.com/ site.)
                          TJ
                          Please, can you tell me where the kernel sources are? I only see a 2.6 sources, but finless 1.1 has 3.10.33 kernel.

I think stock 109 kernel is too limited device support. For example, my usb wireless doesnt work because it needs the hid-sunplus.ko.

Regards.

Comment

MD5

Hi and Thanx for the ROM!

I had some problems in the past by donwloading files, beeing corrupted.
                            Can someone give me the MD5 sum for the Download, please?

Comment

Was wondering where I can get the APK for the reboot application included on this firmware?

I have checked everywhere and can't find it.....thanks

Comment

Originally posted by bignelly79 View Post
                                Was wondering where I can get the APK for the reboot application included on this firmware?

I have checked everywhere and can't find it.....thanks
                                You can get it here

or here

Please consider making a Donation to freakTab

Comment

Working...
                                X