No announcement yet.

NEW - MK808B-Plus - Finless ROM 1.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After the rom installs. I see the boot screen for Finless Rom. However it just keeps booting into the TWRP.

Comment

Hi! I just have ordered MK808B Plus. I read that MK808B was using 720p screen instead of 1080p. Does MK808B Plus have a native 1080p screen, or it is using 720p instead of 1080p, also?
      For a total newbie, like me, is it worth flashing my device to Finless ROM1.1, instead of using the original ROM?

Many thanks!!
      Robert

Comment

I installed Bob's 1.1 on mine and it achieves 1080P (Kodi14.2), writing to the SD card and USB Ethernet. You will not be sorry to use his ROM. I thought so much of it, that I donated.
        Be careful with the toothpick reset. If it breaks off, the unit will reboot into Recovery.
        Nvidia Shield (2017 & 2019), A95x Max, WD EX2 NAS

Comment

BOB, any way you could add xbox 360 controller drivers to this?

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
            Here is my 1.1 ROM for the MK808B-Plus.

7) Build.prop edit to open up the Google Play store to APPs that normally say "not compatible".
            I am spoofing a Samsung device (Nexus 10) that will show almost any APP as compatible.

Enjoy,
            Bob
            Hi !
            I have Amlogic S805 MXQ box that can`t install any apps because "not compatible device". I copied from this build.prop all assignments as you did , made restore to fab, power off - on but still not solved !
            What else ???

Comment

Originally posted by bleakey View Post
              BOB, any way you could add xbox 360 controller drivers to this?
              +1 I would really appreciate this feature as well.

Comment

Nice ROM and everything works fine except for one thing, Netflix is not in HD. HBO Go doesn't work either for some reason.
                Last edited by nl3141; 05-22-2015, 22:59.

Comment

Originally posted by Peexel View Post
                  Hi, Finless,

I have this MK808b plus clone with the RTL8723bs wifi chip. (other guys too. See link below)

Is it possible for you to compile a Finless 1.1 version with this wifi firmware? Original firmware is a total crap.

Help please!
                  Some problem here.

I got the MK808B+ with 128k3 firmware and RTL8723BS. None of Bob's roms would work as there is no 8723bs.ko in the build.

I have tried to use the module from the original 128k3 firmware.
                  • insmod /full-path/8723bs.ko and bluetooh works fine but still no wifi.
                  • lsmod shows the module loaded
                  • modprobe 8723bs throws some errors about some unexisting path under /system/...

Bob, we could really use your help. Any chance you can compile a proper 8723bs.ko.

Thank you.

Comment

Hi,
                    first i want to thanks to finless for your job, and my question is how can i put the wifi on when i boot, because to swicht on everytime i start my mk is a .....

Comment

For those who care this ROM works flawlessly on the USTICK MK809 PLUS.

I accidentally upgraded my stick with this ROM - had the micro SD card in a MK808B Plus - and after upgrade even TWRP works...

Antutu is over 18900, Wi-Fi is over 31Mbps, no heat at all.

I will also donate to the OP. Looking forward for something sweeter, like "Lollipop"

Comment

Newbie here
                        Thanks Bob Im eager to get this to work But Im stuck
                        Ive tried to load finless1.1 using the first 3 methods in the read me Zip File No go best I can achieve get stuck in boot loop not sure what Im doing wron I purchased 3 of these mk808b Plus and have the same issue on all 3 got them from Geek Buying never had issues with there products in the past but all 3 ????

Comment

Hi guys, and thank you Finless !

I have used an MK808 non-B with FInless 2.1 (android 4.2) and now I'm playing with an MK808B Plus with Finless 1.1.

Found 2 issues, and I'm curious if there is any "official" solution:

1. Some apps are starting in "portrait phone mode" instead of tablet mode (ex. Clean Master, or Samba Sharing). I have read that this is something related to "xposed framework" and it could be used to force apps to start in tablet mode. Does anyone knows the correct solution ?

2. Several online streams from various sites (usually movie sites), when openned in browser, starts to download instead of playing in the default set player (I'm using MX player set by default). In previous MK808 with android 4.2/finless 2.1 that streams are directly played by the player instead of downloading. I've found an workaround with Dolphin, but anyway, there is still an annoying dialog box (play online / download selection). There is a solution to this issue ?

Thank you,

L.E. I've seen that my xbox wireless controller doesn't work with mk808b plus, and I've read somewhere that there are some missing drivers, but init.d could be used to solve it somehow. Any instructions ?
                          Last edited by nick61; 05-31-2015, 12:18.

Comment

Originally posted by I_am_rushin View Post
                            +1 I would really appreciate this feature as well.

get the Finless Neo X8 file from here

http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...ort-installer=
                            Last edited by masterfork; 06-09-2015, 17:35. Reason: clarification

Comment

I have a newbie question regarding the procedure to upgrade. I have an MK808B Plus with 110K4 on it. I know that Finless 1.1 is based on 109K4 rom. Do I need to flash to 109K4 before I flash to Finless 1.1?
                              Thanks for any help you can provide.
                              I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade... And try to find somebody whose life has given them vodka, and have a party.
                              Ron White

Comment

Originally posted by Doggyofone View Post
                                I have a newbie question regarding the procedure to upgrade. I have an MK808B Plus with 110K4 on it. I know that Finless 1.1 is based on 109K4 rom. Do I need to flash to 109K4 before I flash to Finless 1.1?
                                Thanks for any help you can provide.
                                Just go ahead with the upgrade as per the instructions in this post

Comment

Working...
                                X