No announcement yet.

NEW - MK808B-Plus - Finless ROM 1.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I used 109K4 and copied only the files from the rar files I attached. The firmware version is still 109k4, and wifi is OK to me with dynamic IP.

Comment

Originally posted by Cristobal Villaseca View Post
      I used 109K4 and copied only the files from the rar files I attached. The firmware version is still 109k4, and wifi is OK to me with dynamic IP.
      Finless 1.1
      Last edited by motrac; 08-09-2015, 12:07.

Comment

Originally posted by mowgli View Post
        Hi,
        Could you please share the link ?
        Thanks!
        Prahjister ****MK808(nonB)****MK808B V5****MK808B Plus****UBOX R89**** CX919****MK808B Pro****Nexbox N9****Eny Em95****Matricon Q2****Tanix TX5 Pro****

Comment

I received MK808b plus with ap6212 with firmware 111k4. I installed 109K4 and copied the 111k4 drivers. It worked (bluetooth and wifi). the drivers: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...108/system.rar
          Some folks have asked if this will fix the ap6212 wifi/bluetooth problem with Finless 1.1 ROM. The short answer is "Yes, it will." Here's what I did (after doing a file comparison with what Cristobal provided - many many thanks!!!).

Short Version: I installed Finless ROM 1.1 per instructions. I then copied the changed/modified files that Cristobal provided into the system folder and rebooted, and then wifi and bluetooth worked on the ap6212 wifi/bluetooth chip. Yay! I'll note that a similar procedure might work for those MK808B Plus clones out there using the Realtek chips.

Here's how I accomplished this.
          1) Installed Finless ROM 1.1
          2) Installed ES File Explorer
          3) Downloaded Cristobal's file, unrar it, and then rezip the files you need to copy into system (since ES Explorer uses zip or 7z files)
          4) Open ES File Explorer, in Tools, set Root Explorer to ON (and then grant permissions in SuperSU), Then choose Mount R/W (if already ON, just click on Root Explorer text to open the mounting options) and then mount both / and /system R/W.
          4) Copy the Cristobal system.zip file into the / directory, then Select the file and extract the files using the More menu.
          5) Turn off Root Explorer in ES File Explorer
          6) Reboot the stick using the Reboot app

Wifi/Bluetooth now working just fine. Apparently wired still needs static IP address. Note I gloss over some aspects related to paths and where files might end up. I assume you know what you are doing and how to get the files into the right places using zip files and over-writing. YMMV.

FWIW, here is the list of changed/modified files between 109k4 and 111k4 (Cristobal's download includes some that didn't change):
          ./etc/bluetooth/4343a0.hcd
          ./etc/wifi/40181/ap6181_nvram.txt
          ./etc/wifi/40181/ap6210_nvram.txt
          ./etc/wifi/40181/ap6212_nvram.txt
          ./etc/wifi/40181/ap6330_nvram.txt
          ./etc/wifi/40181/fw_bcm43438a0.bin
          ./etc/wifi/40181/fw_bcm43438a0_apsta.bin
          ./etc/wifi/40181/fw_bcm43438a0_p2p.bin
          ./etc/wifi/40181/nvram.txt
          ./lib/dhd.ko
          ./lib/libbt-vendor.so
          ./lib/hw/bluetooth.default
          ./vendor/lib/libbt-vendor.so

Hope that helps folks! Nice to get WiFi back, and pretty easy overall. Thanks, again, Cristobal, for this solution.
          Last edited by inforiculturist; 08-18-2015, 03:06.
          MK808B+ (4) | Tronsmart MK908 (2) | Unbranded MK908
          Samsung Galaxy Note 3 | Asus TF300T (2) | LG Spectrum (2) | Archos A5H | Archos 43

"Never try to teach a pig to sing;
          it wastes your time and annoys the pig."
          – P. G. Wodehouse, Robert Heinlein, Mark Twain

Comment

Thanks inforiculturist, I couldn't explain it better

I have a commercial project called Joydroid. Is basically a package with Mk808b plus and Lemon s600 gamepad (all for less than USD 45 at gearbest).

Joydroid APK lets you manage a virtual finger with the joystick and "maps" the joystick with the games.

Here is the video:

Auf YouTube findest du die angesagtesten Videos und Tracks. Außerdem kannst du eigene Inhalte hochladen und mit Freunden oder gleich der ganzen Welt teilen.

I can send the apk for those who want to test it.

Do you know if I can use Finless ROM in a commercial product?

Thanks!

Comment

Do you know if I can use Finless ROM in a commercial product?
              Bob aka Finless would like you to contact him prior to doing such.
              Samsung Galaxy Note 3 | Asus TF300T (2) | LG Spectrum (2) | Archos A5H | Archos 43

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by inforiculturist View Post

Here's how I accomplished this.
                  1) Installed Finless ROM 1.1
                  2) Installed ES File Explorer
                  3) Downloaded Cristobal's file, unrar it, and then rezip the files you need to copy into system (since ES Explorer uses zip or 7z files)
                  4) Open ES File Explorer, in Tools, set Root Explorer to ON (and then grant permissions in SuperSU), Then choose Mount R/W (if already ON, just click on Root Explorer text to open the mounting options) and then mount both / and /system R/W.
                  4) Copy the Cristobal system.zip file into the / directory, then Select the file and uncompress it using the More menu.
                  5) Turn off Root Explorer is ES File Explorer
                  6) Reboot the stick using the Reboot app
                  followed your instructions and it went ok until :"then Select the file and uncompress it using the More menu."
                  there was no "uncompress" option? there was an "extract to" option but i wasn't not sure if that was right.?

Comment

Originally posted by motrac View Post
                    followed your instructions and it went ok until :"then Select the file and uncompress it using the More menu."
                    there was no "uncompress" option? there was an "extract to" option but i wasn't not sure if that was right.?
                    You are correct, "extract to" is the correct command (which will uncompress the file). I've edited my instructions above.

Comment

You are correct, "extract to" is the correct command (which will uncompress the file). I've edited my instructions above.

thank you, one more question, just to be safe:
                      "Extract to where"?

Comment

Would just like to thank Bob for this great ROM and everyone here for all the useful info. After accidentally flashing 1.0 like a right burk I managed to get 1.1 on the stick and now my USB ethernet is working like a dream even after rebooting!

For anyone else, I did have trouble updating from 1.0 to 1.1 as the stick would not go into recovery but thanks to hal9 and the suggestion below,

I had the same problem. If you flash Bob's 1.0 rom you will notice there is no recovery image included so the
                        stock recovery is used. After flashing 1.0 TWRP is installed so when flashing 1.1 just remove the recovery image from the sd card and using Option 1 in the readme file included with the rom use TWRP to flash 1.1
                        Hope this helps., it worked for me
                        I removed the recovery image and can confirm that everything went smoothly.

Comment

Originally posted by motrac View Post
                          thank you, one more question, just to be safe: "Extract to where"?
                          It will depend upon the file structure and the directory you are in.

Assuming you followed instructions and copied the Cristobal file into the / (aka root) directory, and you kept the file structure as provided (./system/directories/files.ext), then select the file and then More > Extract to... > Current Path so that the files you are unzipping match the directory structure into which you are zipping. Clear as mud?

Note: I did say that I assume you know how to unzip files into place (so they overwrite into/matching the same directory structure). YMMV

Comment

It will depend upon the file structure and the directory you are in.

Assuming you followed instructions and copied the Cristobal file into the / (aka root) directory, and you kept the file structure as provided (./system/directories/files.ext), then select the file and then More > Extract to... > Current Path so that the files you are unzipping match the directory structure into which you are zipping. Clear as mud?

Note: I did say that I assume you know how to unzip files into place (so they overwrite into/matching the same directory structure). YMMV

thanks for your help, got it without any problems.
                            I use Ethernet and it worked after flashing Finless so I never cared about getting wifi or bluethooth working, I just wanted to learn how to do it.
                            Last edited by motrac; 08-20-2015, 10:03.

Comment

Can we do the same for RTL chipset?? I have extract the files and put them in a zip here:
                              8723bs_stuff.zip (711.2 KB, 1 view)

Comment

I get it working with 111k4 files but wifi so slow under 3mbit/s. should be much better... My older k808 plus 109k4 works 20mbit/s
                                Last edited by dadaa1; 09-26-2015, 12:37.

Comment

Working...
                                X