Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

XS805 bricked by openelec, advice needed :-) (board pictures inside)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

XS805 bricked by openelec, advice needed :-) (board pictures inside)

Hi there,
    I own several amlogic S80X boxes...all of them are running openelec :-) (= Linux distro as HTPC)

after burning a russian linux on a box called "Vibob Xs-Box" based on s805 Amlogic processor I´m no longer able to GET INTO BOOTLOADER or something similar :-(. Openelec ist starting to boot and stops at a "white" screen....without further progress.

There is NO RESET BUTTON inside AV or at the top or botton of the board..so far no chance to come to "Uboot", "bootimage" or something like that :-(.

BUT !! I have found an area at the top of the board which is referenced with (see blue mark at the pictures) TX, GND, RX which seems to be MAYBE a serial access ....does someone here point me into direction whether it would be possible if I connect an USB2SERIAL connector with a terminal in WIndows (115200, 8,N,1 ;-) ?

....is it possible to STOP the boot process by the UART terminal and would there be any chance to start the correct/compatible "recovery image (I have one !)" e.g. from sdcard or even from (the existing !) NAND partition.

The sad story is I dont know whether (and HOW !) to stop the boot sequence with UART, or which commands after stopping would start a recovery image e.g. from sd card...

Any help is welcome :-).

Pictures nearby...

Click image for larger version

Name:	Vibob-Xs-Box-S805.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	13.2 KB
ID:	439922Click image for larger version

Name:	Top-side.jpg
Size:	79.9 KB
ID:	439923Click image for larger version

Name:	backside.jpg
Size:	53.7 KB
ID:	439924

kind regards arel

Originally posted by arel View Post
    Hi there,
    I own several amlogic S80X boxes...all of them are running openelec :-) (= Linux distro as HTPC)

after burning a russian linux on a box called "Vibob Xs-Box" based on s805 Amlogic processor I´m no longer able to GET INTO BOOTLOADER or something similar :-(. Openelec ist starting to boot and stops at a "white" screen....without further progress.

There is NO RESET BUTTON inside AV or at the top or botton of the board..so far no chance to come to "Uboot", "bootimage" or something like that :-(.

BUT !! I have found an area at the top of the board which is referenced with (see blue mark at the pictures) TX, GND, RX which seems to be MAYBE a serial access ....does someone here point me into direction whether it would be possible if I connect an USB2SERIAL connector with a terminal in WIndows (115200, 8,N,1 ;-) ?

....is it possible to STOP the boot process by the UART terminal and would there be any chance to start the correct/compatible "recovery image (I have one !)" e.g. from sdcard or even from (the existing !) NAND partition.

The sad story is I dont know whether (and HOW !) to stop the boot sequence with UART, or which commands after stopping would start a recovery image e.g. from sd card...

Pictures nearby...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]9739[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]9740[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]9741[/ATTACH]

kind regards arel
    See if you can ssh in. If so try running 'reboot recovery'. If not you can try what I did. But you will have to try each usb port and see if one is an OTG. If you don't have OTG then serial to usb is next option. I don't have any experience with that however.

Comment

solved...with HW :-(

Originally posted by arel View Post
      Hi there,

Pictures nearby...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]9739[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]9740[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]9741[/ATTACH]

kind regards arel

Just for the rest of the community :

this device has an UART (serial console access). I´ve marked the area in the pictures.
      If you connect (soldering) a serial2usb adapter to the tx,rx,ground spots you gain access with a terminal program up to the bootloader :-).
      In other words you can see the output at the terminal program (serial setting: 115200,8,n,1) and stop the boot process.
      after that you can "check your further options what to do" by typing "?" or "help"....

In my case I was entering 2"run recovery" on the console and I got access to the recovery to install an android image :-).

=> recovered :-)

regards
      arel

Comment

You have 2 ways to recover this box as far as I am aware, HOWEVER I have not tried either yet...

Method 1)
        AMLOGIC USB Burning Tool and the original image from Sourcingbay - The guys at Sourcingbay are really helpful

Method 2)
        Access the recovery menu: You WILL need the remote that comes with it.
        1) Pull out the power and the network cables
        2) Plug the power in while pressing the menu button and you will get to the recovery menu.
        NOTE: The menu button on the remote is the one with 3 lines on it under power button

Comment

Working...
        X