No announcement yet.

[ROM][4.4.4] Unofficial CyanogenMOD 11 for MK808B-Plus - WeTek Gift

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well it seems obvious that the bump from kodi 13 -> 14 has introduced some bugs in the amlogic code, there was one on the 8726mx that was showing a zoomed in video (is this the one you're talking about?) and happened when using 1080p (but the framebuffer is 720p, the same as in recent s805 kernels)
    WeTek Play
    Recoveries: CWM | TWRP
    Lollipop ROMs: CyanogenMOD 12 | OMNI | Android TV
    KitKat ROMs: CyanogenMOD 11 | OMNI | ParanoidAndroid | AOKP
    Misc: Unbrick WeTek Play

Comment

HEVC working on failing Kodi 15 nightly 20-1

Tested: 4 K demo LG video, this picture is full screen but running shaky (normal for this M805 chip). The picture of a HD video is small and runs in upper left corner?

Any idea?

Comment

No, Android apps play all files fine so it's not an Android issue.
        WeTek Play

Comment

I would appreciate a clarificarion on the subject! Someone tested stock 109k4 and subsequently CM11?

Inviato dal mio Nexus 5 utilizzando Tapatalk

Comment

It doesn't matter, my kernel has 1 month of added patches (most of them video related) respect the stock one and since Kodi doesn't use Android media api but AMLCodec..
            I repeat that have no problems using SPMC from the Play Store, what would change from Kodi 14.x is just a number and four different words

edit: regarding Kodi, using 14.1 BETA from 12 Jan works without problems in all formats but HEVC, like I already said few days ago, it doesn't use amlcodec but ffmpeg.

edit2: Kodi nightly (last build available) uses am-h265 on HEVC but has that size issue, as you can see, trying 3 different versions of the same program lead to different results. My 2 cents? Stick to SPMC from the Play Store because recent patches might have broken something

edit3: with Kodi it's pretty much the same thing that happened with the "zoom in" thing of the 8726mx:

Code:
            root@m0:/ # cat /sys/class/video/axis
            0 0 1919 1079 <--- before kodi playback

0 0 1279 719 <--- after kodi playback

root@m0:/ # echo "0 0 1919 1079" > /sys/class/video/axis <--- fixes it

0 0 1279 719 <--- after kodi playback
            it puts "0 0 1279 719" to that axis file, this was the fix for the 8726mx and, probably, for the older kernel, now it looks like amlogic has taken care of it and it expects to find in that "axis" file the real resolution, in fact if you echo that command the video is played correctly, but as soon as Kodi starts another playback it sets the "offending" line again
            Last edited by ChristianTroy; 01-22-2015, 12:18.
            WeTek Play

Comment

Not too sure what people have done, but I am having no issues atall with my Kodi 15 nightly, this is also playing HEVC without any issues...

Great rom Christian, thanks so much for your work

Anyone having kodi issues, try this apk - http://mirrors.kodi.tv/nightlies/and...rmeabi-v7a.apk

I have not tried any of the last 3 nightly yet..

Comment

karl0ss

is your screen set at 720p? In that case it will work fine, if it's 1080p it will **** up the axis as I have explained in the latest edit of the post above
                WeTek Play

Comment

Ah ok, sorry Christian, I believe my tv is set to 720p...

Any chance on any kernal optimisations or overclocks in the future? (not that im naggin, very happy with what you have produced for us )

Comment

I wouldn't push it too much, 1.5ghz is already enough

I suggest you to set in CM's performance settings the min freq to 384 MHz and the max to 1.5 GHz, set the check box to apply the settings at boot and go, the default 96 MHz is way too slow and since there's no battery...
                    WeTek Play

Comment

Yeah I completely agree

Do you have any more plans for this rom/device?

Thanks

Karl

Comment

I think it's good as it is and CM11 has no more upstream changes so it will just stay like it is
                        WeTek Play

Comment

WeTek rocks.

I just hope you guys would release a WeTek Box that is not like 2012/2013.
                          We now have shiny new Amlogic 812 ect. so the old Amlogic Dualcore is kinda meeeh

I would definatly buy a powerfull WeTek box just cause the developer support is awesome.

Comment

Rom developed by Bob 109K4 tested

Hi there!

Tested 109K4 Rom of Bob only for 3D Bluray playback, but because of freeze (SPMC 13.4) after 5:03 minutes switched tot 4.4.4

Yesterdays results were very positive and I also installed popcorn hour. The playback via SPMC 13.4 is great and it looks like were getting a usable media center!

Reinier

Comment

I agree that Gotham based builds are still better, the new nightly seems promising but I guess that some of the latest code is making confusion with all these possibilities and differences with older and newer kernels.
                              WeTek Play

Comment

Well, it's OK, Kodi developers will take care of this, what I meant, also, was I found atm of actual developing useless to report freezing or issues with 4K samples, as we know they can't be played with this Soc.
                                Regards
                                Alessandro

Inviato dal mio Nexus 5 utilizzando Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X