[ROM][4.4.4] Unofficial CyanogenMOD 11 for MK808B-Plus - WeTek Gift

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ChristianTroy View Post
    I'm just curious since I never used CEC in my life... what the heck does the CEC Language thing?
    The CEC language sets the language of the device (MK808B in this case) to the language of the parent device (TV).

Comment

Further trials with CEC... My Samsung TV works fine but my LG TV does not recognise at all. It is on HDMI2 on the LG as well and my cubox-i works perfectly. Shall have to try the HDMI1 input (at the back) I guess.

Comment

Yes I know the main purpose of CEC but that audio thing... it refers about the eventual audio/sub source? It sounds pretty useless, considering I might want the UI in italian but original audio (say english) and italian subs

It's known that Amlogic CEC works only with certain brands, it's not Amlogic's fault because every manufacturer try to impose its standard.
        WeTek Play
        Recoveries: CWM | TWRP
        Lollipop ROMs: CyanogenMOD 12 | OMNI | Android TV
        KitKat ROMs: CyanogenMOD 11 | OMNI | ParanoidAndroid | AOKP
        Misc: Unbrick WeTek Play

Comment

Yes I know the main purpose of CEC but that audio thing... it refers about the eventual audio/sub source? It sounds pretty useless, considering I might want the UI in italian but original audio (say english) and italian subs
          No, I don't think it is meant to interfere with audio or subs. If I am not mistaken, it only changes the UI.

It's known that Amlogic CEC works only with certain brands, it's not Amlogic's fault because every manufacturer try to impose its standard.
          Did not work with HDMI1 on my LG either. However, the language got changed! So, something is happening but somehow the TV does not recognise it. Looking at my cubox-i which works, libcec declares a "recorder" object as well as a label - "XBMC" in my case. Both are available on my Samsung, whereas on the LG, the cubox-i comes up as "HDD recorder". I think there are limited "labels" available on the LG simplink. The MK808B has a label "Amlogic MBOX" but does not seem to declare a "recorder" object. Perhaps I may be able to do something if I have access to the source. Unfortunately, never tried android programming, let alone compiling my own rom! Same issues with openelec, and perhaps I might try to change things there...

Comment

That's because it uses libcec that does the nasty work (aka casting the commands to what the manufacturer's cec expects), amlogic has not libcec support, yet.
            Anyway in an ideal world a standard wouldn't need all this bullshit vendors should just follow existing standards
            WeTek Play

Comment

Same with ARC and CEC between Panasonic led Tv and Panasonic Soundbar! Sometimes they work together, sometimes they don't! On Soundbar, off tv, on everything and they work! Silly

Inviato dal mio Nexus 5 utilizzando Tapatalk

Comment

Even from the same manufacturer?

Anyway the thing that every vendor calls it in a different way says already enough... It's a damn CEC why everyone has to put his name on it?
                WeTek Play

Comment

Does this rom work on the regular mk808 non BT?

Also, is anyone working on a cm12 build?

Comment

It will work with every device that can be flashed (and are, of course, working) with a stock mk808b+ rom.
                    WeTek Play

Comment

Originally posted by k-Rize View Post

No, its a completely different device, do not flash anything from this forum on that stick..

Comment

Originally posted by k-Rize View Post

This is for the MK808B Plus, which is a quadcore Amlogic TV Stick. Don't confuse that with the regular MK808B, which is a dualcore Rockchip TV Stick.

But to give you a short answer: NO, it will definately not work. Neither on the MK808B, nor on the MK808.

Comment

Hi Christian, I wanted to ask, I haven't tired it yet, but should CIFS work on this rom? Wonding if I can use CIFSManager to mount some network folders?

Thanks

Karl

Comment

cifs support is built into the kernel so you can mount it as root, I'm not familiar with cifsmanager but it should work, just be sure to use a writable mount point, you can for example let it mount under "/sdcard/cifs" since "/storage" is read only
                            WeTek Play

Comment

ragazzi,
                              USB Ethernet and USB Sound cards are both working?(working ok in stock 109K4 also at the old rikomagic mk802 III s).If so is there a setting menu in settings for the ethernet,or the IP needs to be set manually via the command line?

Btw: CM in Ainol Fire still rocks

Comment

I don't know about USB sound cards (in Lollipop Android should have a better support for it) but ethernet has the Amlogic implementation (to set a static IP), while in Lollipop I use Android's ethernet service (and you can set a static ip address as well).

Usb ethernet works with supported nics

Code:
                                CONFIG_USB_NET_AX8817X=y
                                CONFIG_USB_NET_AX88179_178A=y
                                CONFIG_USB_NET_CDCETHER=y
                                CONFIG_USB_NET_CDC_NCM=y
                                CONFIG_USB_NET_DM9601=y
                                CONFIG_USB_NET_NET1080=y
                                CONFIG_USB_NET_CDC_SUBSET=y
                                WeTek Play

Comment

Working...
                                X