Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[ROM][4.4.4] Unofficial CyanogenMOD 11 for MK808B-Plus - WeTek Gift

Release notes

Hello guys, I guess most of you have noticed that, right now, I'm just working on WeTek products (and couldn't be anything different since I really like doing this kind of stuff for them).
    To prove you that WeTek Electronics cares about community and since we don't have any AMLogic S805 product, we decided to make users of MK808B-Plus happy by releasing a CyanogenMOD 11 build for them.

Most of the things I have tried work very good but. probably, few minor things might not be as stable as the stock ROM, in case report it and I will try to fix it.

First install instructions

* As really first thing I suggest you to flash stock "109k4" rom using "AMLogic Burning Tools" in case you're not already using that ROM or Finless' 1.1.
    * Grab CWM from here, unzip it and copy "recovery.img" file to a MicroSD.
    * Power off your device and unplug the AC power cord.
    * Get the latest available ROM and GAPPS version from the links below and copy them to a MicroSD card.
    * Now insert the MicroSD card in your HDMI stick.
    * Plug the AC power cord while you keep pressed the little reset pinhole (located on the top left of the device) until you see the "Google TV" logo.
    * Once the device has booted to recovery perform a factory reset and flash the ROM's zip for first followed by the GAPPS zip.
    * Reboot and enjoy CyanogenMOD.

Update instructions

* Get the latest available ROM and GAPPS version from the links below and copy them to a MicroSD card.
    * Now insert the MicroSD card in your HDMI stick.
    * Enable "Developer options" following this tutorial and from it enable the "Reboot to recovery" option.
    * Bring up power menu by keeping F5 (if you have a keyboard plugged in) and select "Reboot -> recovery", otherwise use the pinhole method adove.
    * Once the device has booted to recovery flash the ROM's zip for first followed by the GAPPS zip.
    * Reboot and enjoy your updated CyanogenMOD.

Downloads

* ROM 2015-01-20
    * GAPPS 2014-06-06 (LITE)
    * GAPPS 2014-16-06 (FULL, from goo.im)
    Last edited by ChristianTroy; 01-20-2015, 15:49.
    WeTek Play
    Recoveries: CWM | TWRP
    Lollipop ROMs: CyanogenMOD 12 | OMNI | Android TV
    KitKat ROMs: CyanogenMOD 11 | OMNI | ParanoidAndroid | AOKP
    Misc: Unbrick WeTek Play

Older builds

* ROM 2015-01-19
    * ROM 2015-01-18
    Last edited by ChristianTroy; 01-20-2015, 15:42.
    WeTek Play

Comment

Fine! Great! Following the thread.
      Regards
      Alessandro

Inviato dal mio Nexus 5 utilizzando Tapatalk

Comment

I'm wondering if i can install this on MXQ S05 device... ??????

Comment

Only if it's a clone of the Rikomagic (aka you can run stock mk808b+ rom)
          WeTek Play

Comment

Originally posted by ChristianTroy View Post
            Only if it's a clone of the Rikomagic (aka you can run stock mk808b+ rom)
            Well. Im runnig the stock rom for mk808b+ on it. And it works fine. Kkkk

Comment

So you should be safe, be sure to load the 109k4 rom on it before trying this one (or something based on it, like latest Finless')
              WeTek Play

Comment

Hi Christian Troy you know why Wetek is not releasing a product on s805?

Comment

Because the soc is not good and not powerful enough for WeTek's purposes, it wouldn't be a big jump from the 8726-MX.
                  I guess that AMLogic's support might discontinue it and focus their work on higher level SOCs
                  WeTek Play

Comment

Hi !
                    Thank you so much for supporting this android key ^^

Can you put a short changelog here ?
                    I read all your text but I didn't really understand why this rom is better than finless or stock except for 720p in games. So 1080p in popcorn time working ?

I use replays, PCT and Kodi and need true 1080p everywhere

Comment

I doubt... s805 don't work good with android version of vlc and afaik popcorn have vlc embedded

Comment

Perhaps wetek guys could give a try... If they cannot I doubt some other company can...

Comment

VLC has its engine, and AMLogic soc require that people use:

- Mediaplayer APIs
                          - OMX (libstagefright) APIs
                          - Direct communication with the kernel through /dev/amvideo (like Kodi does)

VLC has its own engine so only sw playback, and you need a very powerful quad core for sw decoding of FHD streams.

I'm not saying this rom is better than anything else, I just offer you an option to use a non stock based rom, if it runs better it's not up to me say that.

Use Kodi and XBMCTorrents...
                          WeTek Play

Comment

Originally posted by ChristianTroy View Post
                            VLC has its engine, and AMLogic soc require that people use:

- Mediaplayer APIs
                            - OMX (libstagefright) APIs
                            - Direct communication with the kernel through /dev/amvideo (like Kodi does)

VLC has its own engine so only sw playback, and you need a very powerful quad core for sw decoding of FHD streams.

I'm not saying this rom is better than anything else, I just offer you an option to use a non stock based rom, if it runs better it's not up to me say that.

Use Kodi and XBMCTorrents...
                            Ok, so is Mx Player better for decoding & different than VLC ? Like Kodi is ?

XBMCTorrents didn't work on Android (restriction by the developper). But there is an alternative : Genesis on XBMC/Kodi.

EDIT : it's working with MX Player Pro + codec ! Now 1080p working with popcorn Time without lag, very smouth. Oh Yeeees.
                            But just a bug : subtitles appear in doubles in MX Player with PopcornTime player exportation, anyone have this bug too ?
                            Last edited by Pelliculart; 01-18-2015, 16:53. Reason: working with MX Player Pro

Comment

Any possibility of using a openelec version on this soc S05

Comment

Working...
                              X