Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

S805 Ubuntu Linux with full GPU+VPU acceleration

Hi guys,

Some of you may heard, Odroid has released Ubuntu 14.04 with full GPU+VPU acceleration for their S805 development board. I watched their videos and it is quite impressive. Very fluent and great 3D/Video support. Good job!

Since I've already purchased MK808B+ I wonder if this work can be ported to M805? Or maybe they are compatible so it can work OOB.

Is there anyone tried or have knowledge on it?

All the best

Originally posted by hyp3r View Post
    Hi guys,

Some of you may heard, Odroid has released Ubuntu 14.04 with full GPU+VPU acceleration for their S805 development board. I watched their videos and it is quite impressive. Very fluent and great 3D/Video support. Good job!

Since I've already purchased MK808B+ I wonder if this work can be ported to M805? Or maybe they are compatible so it can work OOB.

Is there anyone tried or have knowledge on it?

All the best
    Hello There

Ubuntu 14.04 does indeed look nice on the Odroid C1, I'm waiting too for this but no one seems to be working on it. I'm not a developer but it shouldn't take much to port from C1 to 808B+ as the hardware is almost identical. I have purchased two B+ so far to run OpenELEC and it works well BUT will order another two if I know Ubuntu is on its way.

WE LIVE IN HOPE

Regards, ISO

Comment

When i am getting my S805 Box i will try to Port it.
      Because this seems very interesting.

Neomode

Comment

excellent

Thank you neo. I can't wait to try. I have sabnzbd. Couch potato. And sick beard running on my mk808. But couch potato stops periodically. Hope it will run better on this one.
        Prahjister ****MK808(nonB)****MK808B V5****MK808B Plus****UBOX R89**** CX919****MK808B Pro****Nexbox N9****Eny Em95****Matricon Q2****Tanix TX5 Pro****

Comment

Just ordered another MK808B Plus!

Inviato dal mio Nexus 5 utilizzando Tapatalk

Comment

S805 Ubuntu Linux with full GPU+VPU acceleration

Originally posted by vn800art View Post
            Just ordered another MK808B Plus!

Inviato dal mio Nexus 5 utilizzando Tapatalk
            Good choice my friend, I have my second 808B+ on its way and should be here by the weekend

Comment

Hi all,

I wanted to update you.

I downloaded the image from hardkernel website, burned into microSD card, put it inside mk808b+ and rebooted. But microsd card did not booted and started android again.
              There is a boot.ini inside the fat partition of the image. Maybe I should change some settings in order to make it compatible with M805 soc.
              Other option is maybe current firmware I am using in mk808b+ is not suitable for booting from micosd card. Then it would be more difficult to solve.

Anyway here is what I have done so far.

All the best

Comment

Working...
              X