Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for that.

Comment

Can someone make a YouTube video showing it in operation?
      Thanks
      MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Originally posted by sammaz View Post
        Its nice but stuck in 720p
        What does that mean?
        Thanks
        MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post
          What does that mean?
          Thanks
          The resolution in Ubuntu is 1280x720 ...You cant change it to 1920x1080. It is not there as an option.

Comment

Originally posted by sammaz View Post
            The resolution in Ubuntu is 1280x720 ...You cant change it to 1920x1080. It is not there as an option.
            OK, thanks for that clarification.

Comment

I flash it on mxq and it's stuck after 1 minutes

Comment

This is excellent!! Kudos to 'linuxminipc.com' for pulling this together. I can confirm wifi and usb is working, but I can't access the nand. Do I need another driver for this?

Comment

Originally posted by Hampden View Post
                  This is excellent!! Kudos to 'linuxminipc.com' for pulling this together. I can confirm wifi and usb is working, but I can't access the nand. Do I need another driver for this?
                  Are you able to set the resolution to 1920x1080 @ 60Hz ?

Comment

No. On the Monitor Preferences window, the only option is 'Laptop' and that resolution is fixed at 1280x720 @60Hz.

It seems like this is a configuration setting somewhere since the OpenELEC implementation (http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...mk808b-and-mxq) displays 1080p just fine.

Comment

Originally posted by phinc View Post
                      You have to flash the zip file that is placed on the SD card after the img is flashed to it.

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

I think that if I flash this zip, I'll lose the ability to boot Openelec from SD, isn't it true?

Comment

Originally posted by Hampden View Post
                        No. On the Monitor Preferences window, the only option is 'Laptop' and that resolution is fixed at 1280x720 @60Hz.

It seems like this is a configuration setting somewhere since the OpenELEC implementation (http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...mk808b-and-mxq) displays 1080p just fine.
                        I have looped in Kszaq who is working on the openelec for MK808b plus here -> http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...and-mxq/page79 I will keep an eye out for a response from him. It will be great if he can get 1080p working!

Comment

To get 1080p resolution working place the following in /etc/rc.local:
                          Code:
                          echo "1080p" > /sys/class/display/mode
                          /bin/fbset -fb /dev/fb0 -g 1920 1080 1920 2160 32
                          echo 0 > /sys/class/graphics/fb0/free_scale
                          echo 1 > /sys/class/graphics/fb0/freescale_mode
                          echo "0 0 1919 1079" > /sys/class/graphics/fb0/free_scale_axis
                          echo "0 0 1919 1079" > /sys/class/graphics/fb0/window_axis
                          echo 0x10001 > /sys/class/graphics/fb0/free_scale
                          before chmod 666 /dev/am* and reboot.
                          The last number in fbset command defines the bpp (bits per pixel). Use 32 to get kodi and gles to work, use 24 to get good looking LibreOffice.

Tested on MK808B PLUS.

Comment

Originally posted by loboris View Post
                            To get 1080p resolution working place the following in /etc/rc.local:
                            Code:
                            echo "1080p" > /sys/class/display/mode
                            /bin/fbset -fb /dev/fb0 -g 1920 1080 1920 2160 32
                            echo 0 > /sys/class/graphics/fb0/free_scale
                            echo 1 > /sys/class/graphics/fb0/freescale_mode
                            echo "0 0 1919 1079" > /sys/class/graphics/fb0/free_scale_axis
                            echo "0 0 1919 1079" > /sys/class/graphics/fb0/window_axis
                            echo 0x10001 > /sys/class/graphics/fb0/free_scale
                            before chmod 666 /dev/am* and reboot.
                            The last number in fbset command defines the bpp (bits per pixel). Use 32 to get kodi and gles to work, use 24 to get good looking LibreOffice.

Tested on MK808B PLUS.
                            Whoa!!! Thanks @ loboris !

So, MK808b Plus has Ubuntu, Openelec, Android working fully now

Comment

loboris can you fix it to work on mxq without freezing

Comment

@Fredhosi , sorry I don't have mxq.

Some more fixes/tips (tested on MK808+):

If you don't have hdmi sound, do the following:

in /etc/asound.conf replace pcm "hw:1,0" with pcm "hw:0,1"
                                in /etc/pulse/default.pa replace (uncomment)
                                #load-module module-alsa-sink with load-module module-alsa-sink
                                and
                                #load-module module-alsa-source device=hw:1,0 with load-module module-alsa-source device=hw:0,1

To get rid of Odroid repository gpg key error, run:
                                Code:
                                sudo apt-key adv --keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com --recv-keys 5360FB9DAB19BAC9
                                To get hardware acceleration in Chromium browser put the following in /etc/chromium-browser/default (it works only if bpp=32 !)
                                Code:
                                CHROMIUM_FLAGS=" --use-gl=egl --ignore-gpu-blacklist --disable-accelerated-2d-canvas --num-raster-threads=2"
                                Test with WebGL demo.

- Enable compositing for better desktop experience ( disable when running Kodi ! )
                                - Install smplayer
                                - smtube from Ubuntu Vivid does not work, but from Wily repository works, download deb and install with gdebi.
                                Last edited by loboris; 09-27-2015, 01:11.

Comment

Working...
                                X