No announcement yet.

Ubuntu 14.04 and 15.04 on MK808b Plus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sammaz - linux illiterate here. Just followed your steps and installed ubuntumate successfully. I tried editing the rc.local file for getting 1080p resolution, used libreoffice writer tool provided within the OS but it did nothing. I have seen in one of your posts mentioning to another user about getting super user access(?) for the file first, before going for editing. I have gone through google and found people talking about using either Nano or Vi to edit files through terminal window, but being total noob, i am struggling to proceed further. If possible could you be kind enough to shed some (noob-friendly) light on how to edit and save rc.local file? It will be of great help for this community with linux dummies like me.

Thank a ton in advance!
    Device: Tronsmart MK808B Plus (AP6210 WiFi Chipset)
    SD Card - Ubuntumate 15.04

Comment

Originally posted by mebaali View Post
      Guest - linux illiterate here. Just followed your steps and installed ubuntumate successfully. I tried editing the rc.local file for getting 1080p resolution, used libreoffice writer tool provided within the OS but it did nothing. I have seen in one of your posts mentioning to another user about getting super user access(?) for the file first, before going for editing. I have gone through google and found people talking about using either Nano or Vi to edit files through terminal window, but being total noob, i am struggling to proceed further. If possible could you be kind enough to shed some (noob-friendly) light on how to edit and save rc.local file? It will be of great help for this community with linux dummies like me.

Thank a ton in advance!
      I think you just need to open a terminal window and type "sudo su" then "passwd root"
      Prahjister ****MK808(nonB)****MK808B V5****MK808B Plus****UBOX R89**** CX919****MK808B Pro****Nexbox N9****Eny Em95****Matricon Q2****Tanix TX5 Pro****

Comment

Originally posted by prahjister View Post

I think you just need to open a terminal window and type "sudo su" then "passwd root"
        It don't work.

Do anyone have the root password. Or is there a other solution for a non linux person to change the values in rc.local and others.

Beside: what can happened, when WLAN do not work?

thank you for your helping

Comment

are you doing "sudo nano /etc/rc.local" and use minipc as the password?
          Prahjister ****MK808(nonB)****MK808B V5****MK808B Plus****UBOX R89**** CX919****MK808B Pro****Nexbox N9****Eny Em95****Matricon Q2****Tanix TX5 Pro****

Comment

I have figured it out. This is what i did,

1) open terminal window
            2) typed "cd /etc" (without quotes)
            3) typed "sudo nano rc.local" (without quotes)
            4) entered password (same as the one used for logging in the os that is "minipc")
            5) copy pasted the script for 1080p above the chmod 666 line
            6) pressed ctrl x
            7) pressed Y
            8) exited terminal, restarted the machine
            9) Voila! ubuntumate in 1080P resolution now

Update: Following Loboris's script, Audio is also working now

Thank you so much, loboris
            Last edited by mebaali; 10-01-2015, 07:56. Reason: update

Comment

I got the DS4 controller and trackpad working with ds4drv :

sudo ds4drv --emulate-xpad --trackpad-mouse

Then I installed this virtual keyboard called onBoard so that you can do everything with the DS4 from the couch.

http://ubuntuguide.net/onboardenable...r-ubuntu-gnome

sudo apt-get install onBoard
              Last edited by sammaz; 10-02-2015, 00:45.

Comment

I have trouble in smooth rendering of flash content in firefox (even forcing HTML5 player does not solve this problem) especially on sites like youtube, soundcloud. Have resorted to using viewtube userscript for youtube that is somehow making the video/audio to work correctly (Player set to Auto).

Comment

Thank you for yor tip with nano. I was able to change rc.local and putted in the follwing lines:
                  echo "1080p" > /sys/class/display/mode
                  /bin/fbset -fb /dev/fb0 -g 1920 1080 1920 2160 32
                  echo 0 > /sys/class/graphics/fb0/free_scale
                  echo 1 > /sys/class/graphics/fb0/freescale_mode
                  echo "0 0 1919 1079" > /sys/class/graphics/fb0/free_scale_axis
                  echo "0 0 1919 1079" > /sys/class/graphics/fb0/window_axis
                  echo 0x10001 > /sys/class/graphics/fb0/free_scale

but now the result is as you see in the attaced picture. What can be the reason? Another Question: Ubuntu is not able to start the WLAN - Do anybody has the same problem?
                  You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

You need a fast sd card or it will act really weird. All kinds of things won't work with a slow SD card

Comment

Hi, everyone talks how this work's good,but i have problem's with this rom ..
                      I have mk808 b + and till now i have used android without any problems, and also tried android&ubuntu hybrid rom, all of them run fine, but i need linux and that hybrid rom limits usefulness because of kernel.

I have tried to install this rom more times on few sd cards because i suspect on them, I get freezes and lockups .. after few minutes .. and wifi signal gone after minute or two and then i have to disable wirelless and enable again, dmesg gives some strange messages that wifi does'n respond to commands.
                      Can someone help me .. i get freeze sometime after minute, sometimes it work 15 minutes but rarely. I tried it also without anything on usb ports.. it doesn't help...
                      I would like to compile kernel, i'm sure that would resolve my problem, I have enough knowledge of linux... I have tried it also in runlevel 3 .. and after a few minute .. I did some updates .. I got kernel panic...

Thanks .. :-)

Comment

Try different power supply

Comment

After any boots now I have the full screen available.

The problem I still have is "NO WLAN"

It seems, that the WLAN adapter cannot be started in the boot-phase.
                          I dont know where a log file is written, so I can serve you with detailed information.

Comment

Originally posted by tomgag View Post
                            Hi, everyone talks how this work's good,but i have problem's with this rom ..
                            I have mk808 b + and till now i have used android without any problems, and also tried android&ubuntu hybrid rom, all of them run fine, but i need linux and that hybrid rom limits usefulness because of kernel.

I have tried to install this rom more times on few sd cards because i suspect on them, I get freezes and lockups .. after few minutes .. and wifi signal gone after minute or two and then i have to disable wirelless and enable again, dmesg gives some strange messages that wifi does'n respond to commands.
                            Can someone help me .. i get freeze sometime after minute, sometimes it work 15 minutes but rarely. I tried it also without anything on usb ports.. it doesn't help...
                            I would like to compile kernel, i'm sure that would resolve my problem, I have enough knowledge of linux... I have tried it also in runlevel 3 .. and after a few minute .. I did some updates .. I got kernel panic...

Thanks .. :-)
                            I think that all of the source to compile is located here https://ubuntu-mate.org/blog/ubuntu-...-armhf-rootfs/ . Not a linux expert

Comment

So, I got everything dialed in using Dualshock 4 bluetooth connection using ds4drv and onBoard virtual keyboard.

1. It boots to desktop and auto-logs in
                              2. It will await the DS4 controller being turned on.
                              3. When you turn on the DS4 it automatically picks it up and starts the trackpad as a mouse
                              4. I have onBoard virtual keyboard installed and it automatically shows up whenever you have text to enter, like terminal. Then it auto hides. Works really well and does not conflict with Kodi.

Edit -- I found out how to make a complete .img of the finished SD-Card here --> https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/v...p?f=91&t=46911

Comment

You can also use win32disk (what can be used to install in windows) to backup as well

Comment

Working...
                                X