Ubuntu 14.04 and 15.04 on MK808b Plus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ubuntu 14.04 and 15.04 on MK808b Plus

Someone is runnig is these two Versions on the Stick but there is no code, image, tutorial on how he does it.
    Auf YouTube findest du die angesagtesten Videos und Tracks. Außerdem kannst du eigene Inhalte hochladen und mit Freunden oder gleich der ganzen Welt teilen.

Auf YouTube findest du die angesagtesten Videos und Tracks. Außerdem kannst du eigene Inhalte hochladen und mit Freunden oder gleich der ganzen Welt teilen.

Sadly he just tries to sell Sticks with Linux on them trough his webshop
    Maybe someone has more Information on how to Install Ubuntu on an MK808B plus?

Hi & Welcome to Freaktab,

Take a look here this may interest you http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...ntu-hybrid-rom
    Please consider making a Donation to freakTab

Comment

Hi,
      this sure is interesting but it seems to be far from working flawless. I'll write the guy who made the Videos postet above an email and will see what he is up to

Comment

He has released a version which boots from SD card:

I tried it already, works flawless, including wifi.

Comment

Originally posted by Eumel View Post
          He has released a version which boots from SD card:

I tried it already, works flawless, including wifi.
          Thanks for the link but the download does not work!

Comment

Originally posted by jeffben View Post
            Thanks for the link but the download does not work!
            You might have to turn off your pop up blocker for that website. It doesnt work when mine is running.

Comment

Cool! Works really good. Kodi is preinstalled and even seems to have HW acceleration!

Comment

I am downloading now, are there instructions in the download that tells how to run it from the SD card?
                Thanks
                MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

In my systems it doesn't work . I have a beelink U-box S805 and a Mk808b plus. I use on both the kszaq openelec version (booting from SD). Probably the modded bootloader doesn't recognise the image flashed on sd

Comment

You have to flash the zip file that is placed on the SD card after the img is flashed to it.

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

Comment

Clear...
                      If I can do a nandroid backup before flashing the zip, I'll try it. Thank you, phinc!

Comment

Its nice but stuck in 720p

Comment

HI

Can someone put up a HOW TO on installing this to SD card?

Comment

Originally posted by joe6915 View Post
                            HI

Can someone put up a HOW TO on installing this to SD card?
                            I made up an installation tutorial here to get Ubuntu on SD-Card and the latest Openelec 5.95.5.2 running from NAND :

1. First Install Kszaq's latest Openelec 5.95.5.2 to NAND.
                            2. Navigate to https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bx...W0zUGNHQzVPNzg and download the .zip
                            3. Extract the .zip
                            4. Now you will have "ubuntu-mate-15-04-s805-standard-0_95_Beta.img"
                            5. Flash this .img to your SD-Card using this tool http://sourceforge.net/projects/win32diskimager/ (Thanks Regor!)

5. (Alternative for Flashing the image) You can also flash the image using a pre-existing Linux machine.
                            http://wiki.openelec.tv/index.php/HO...The_Disk_Image

6. When completed, place the SD-Card in your MK808-b plus.
                            7. Use the pin method when starting ...Get to the "Update from EXT" screen.
                            8. Choose Update from External
                            9. Choose the SD-Card
                            10. Choose the .zip file shown in the SD-Card root
                            11. Press enter then wait 15 seconds while the new bootloader is flashed.
                            12. Now power cycle your MK808b-plus
                            13. You will get the login menu right away...boots in under 20 seconds.
                            14. User\Password is "minipc"

Loboris has also added the code to set the Ubuntu to 1920x1080 @ 60Hz 32Bpp or 24Bpp !!!

To get 1080p resolution working place the following in /etc/rc.local :

Code:
                            echo "1080p" > /sys/class/display/mode
                            /bin/fbset -fb /dev/fb0 -g 1920 1080 1920 2160 32
                            echo 0 > /sys/class/graphics/fb0/free_scale
                            echo 1 > /sys/class/graphics/fb0/freescale_mode
                            echo "0 0 1919 1079" > /sys/class/graphics/fb0/free_scale_axis
                            echo "0 0 1919 1079" > /sys/class/graphics/fb0/window_axis
                            echo 0x10001 > /sys/class/graphics/fb0/free_scale
                            Insert these lines before chmod 666 /dev/am* and reboot.
                            The last number in fbset command defines the bpp (bits per pixel). Use 32 to get kodi and gles to work, use 24 to get good looking LibreOffice.

Loboris added some more fixes below :

Some more fixes/tips (tested on MK808+):

If you don't have hdmi sound, do the following:

in /etc/asound.conf replace pcm "hw:1,0" with pcm "hw:0,1"
                            in /etc/pulse/default.pa replace (uncomment)
                            #load-module module-alsa-sink with load-module module-alsa-sink
                            and
                            #load-module module-alsa-source device=hw:1,0 with load-module module-alsa-source device=hw:0,1

--To get rid of Odroid repository gpg key error, run: Code:

sudo apt-key adv --keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com --recv-keys 5360FB9DAB19BAC9

--To get hardware acceleration in Chromium browser put the following in /etc/chromium-browser/default (it works only if bpp=32 !) Code:

CHROMIUM_FLAGS=" --use-gl=egl --ignore-gpu-blacklist --disable-accelerated-2d-canvas --num-raster-threads=2"

Also, you will need to check the "Enable Hardware acceleration" in Chromium settings

Test with WebGL demo.

- Enable compositing for better desktop experience ( disable when running Kodi ! )
                            - Install smplayer
                            - smtube from Ubuntu Vivid does not work, but from Wily repository works, download deb and install with gdebi.

Thanks to all who helped get this working!
                            Last edited by sammaz; 06-26-2016, 05:16.

Comment

You can write image file with Win32 Disk Imager on windows. Linux is not necessary.
                              Download Win32 Disk Imager for free. A Windows tool for writing images to USB sticks or SD/CF cards . This program is designed to write a raw disk image to a removable device or backup a removable device to a raw image file. It is very useful for embedded development, namely Arm development projects (Android, Ubuntu on Arm, etc).

Comment

Working...
                              X