Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sammaz how to install flash on Chromium

Comment

Is it theorically possible to have android in NAND, and openELEC and ubuntu on SD card (or on two different flash cards)? And if it is possible, what should be changed, bootloader, image?

Comment

I got the 1080p working, but still can't get any sound from HDMI. I followed these instructions. If you don't have hdmi sound, do the following:

in /etc/asound.conf replace pcm "hw:1,0" with pcm "hw:0,1"
        in /etc/pulse/default.pa replace (uncomment)
        #load-module module-alsa-sink with load-module module-alsa-sink
        and
        #load-module module-alsa-source device=hw:1,0 with load-module module-alsa-source device=hw:0,1

Also, my screen does not show the top or bottom of information, I guess this is called over scan? This was the same with the 720 also. How can I get rid of the over scan so I can see the top and bottom menus.

thanks for all the help you have given.

P.S. I removed the miroSD card and it went back to OpenELEC like it should. Awesome. I put the microSD card back in and it goes to Ubuntu. Again, awesome.

Edit: got sound working now, thanks.
        Last edited by clarkss12; 09-28-2015, 13:36.
        MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Originally posted by Fredhosi View Post
          Sammaz how to install flash on Chromium
          I don't have chromium but i would imagine dd would work to write the image if you can get to shell
          Prahjister ****MK808(nonB)****MK808B V5****MK808B Plus****UBOX R89**** CX919****MK808B Pro****Nexbox N9****Eny Em95****Matricon Q2****Tanix TX5 Pro****

Comment

Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post

Also, my screen does not show the top or bottom of information, I guess this is called over scan? This was the same with the 720 also. How can I get rid of the over scan so I can see the top and bottom menus.
            That would be a setting in your TV...Like in the settings or picture mode. Find your TV remote

Comment

Originally posted by sammaz View Post

That would be a setting in your TV...Like in the settings or picture mode. Find your TV remote
              I found that information searching the web, but my TV is about 8 years old, and I tried all settings, but none worked.
              Btw, your instructions were excellent, even a novice like me had no problems, and when I did you solved them for me quickly.

thanks.
              MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

You should set the tv input mode to PC.

Comment

Originally posted by csgabe View Post
                  You should set the tv input mode to PC.
                  My TV does not have that mode.

Comment

Simply AMAZED ! No other words. Thanks You all !

Comment

[QUOTE=sammaz;n526074]

6. Flash this .img to your SC-Card using this tool http://sourceforge.net/projects/win32diskimager/ (Thanks Regor!)

sammaz Can you please re-include the linux command in your tutorial as an alternative step. Thanks for the tutorial!

Comment

[QUOTE=Dovx;n527329]

6. Flash this .img to your SC-Card using this tool http://sourceforge.net/projects/win32diskimager/ (Thanks Regor!)

sammaz Can you please re-include the linux command in your tutorial as an alternative step. Thanks for the tutorial!
                        I have updated the tutorial...Let me know if there are any issues.

Comment

Your instruction for writing the image to SD Card
                          Code:
                          sudo dd if=ubuntu-mate-15-04-s805-standard-0_95_Beta.img of=[B]/dev/sdb[/B] bs=4M
                          can be extremely dangerous if someone has hard drive on /dev/sdb. It will be permanently overwritten ! You should emphasize that /dev/sdb is SDCard block device, witch can be sdb, sdc, sdd,... or even /dev/mmcblkX and must be replaced with the right one.

Comment

I have fixed the tutorial so that it is less dangerous

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n527005[/ATTACH]
                              I made up an installation tutorial here to get Ubuntu on SD-Card and the latest Openelec 5.95.5.2 running from NAND :
                              I was able to get this image to boot on a MK808b Plus, but my issue now is that the WIFI doesnt work. This MK808b plus has an AP6212 wifi/bt chipset.

John

Comment

Looks good, thanks for that, hopefully will get time tonight to update.

I'm looking forward to seeing how Ubuntu runs on the MK808B Plus after having switched from windows to linux 2 years ago. All computers in our house are on variants of Mint 17 and despite it been a windows centric world linux has been so much easier to live with. It flies even on a P4 machine and an old Vista era Dell laptop so have high hope for the little MK!

Comment

Working...
                                X