Ubuntu 14.04 and 15.04 on MK808b Plus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sammaz View Post
    I experience the same drop outs and I have excellent Wifi in Openelec. I think that linux is powering down the wifi incorrectly. I am going to try some of the other linux firmware drivers here :

http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/poo...inux-firmware/
    Regarding the Wi-Fi...seems its a well known bug

Refer here

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...l/+bug/1311257
    I tried to post to this thread Hardware wireless switch has no effect after suspend and 13.10 upgrade for if I understand their question I am having the same problem, but the answer option won't wo...

I have some problems on my Asus notebook since I upgraded to Ubuntu 13.10: Networking (wifi and lan) won't work after resume from suspend. I've seen many posts about this but they wouldn't work fo...

I'm running Lubunu 13.10 on an hp G62 - I'm new to Lubuntu having used ubuntu previously, but I've made the switch as my laptop is now getting toward the lower end of acceptability, and I'm delighted

[Update]: The same problem exists in Kubuntu and is solved in the same manner. [Solved]: By applying the following command nmcli nm I got the following: Before suspend RUNNING STATE ...

Hi I have a Ralink RT3290 wireless card, in 13.10 everything worked well, now in 14.04 after a Suspend/Hibernate action the Wifi tries over and over to connect but fails. SUSPEND_MODULES="rt2800pci" in etc/pm/config.d/config doesn't help. BTW bluetooth doesn't work either! Any suggestions?

Hi, I'm running Ubuntu 14.04 on a Dell Inspiron 3135 laptop. I have this problem where the wifi adapter completely disconnects after resuming from suspend. After booting Ubuntu 14.04 from the laptop being off, wifi works just fine, and "nmcli nm" produces: RUNNING STATE WIFI-HARDWARE WIFI WWAN-HARDWARE WWAN running connected enabled enabled enabled disabled

When my computer wakes up from being suspended, the wireless network connection doesn't come back up. I'm able to fix the problem by running "nmcli nm sleep false", which causes the wireless card to reconnect. ProblemType: Bug DistroRelease: Ubuntu 13.10 Package: network-manager 0.9.8.0-0ubuntu21 ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 3.11.0-8.15-generic 3.11.1 Uname: Linux 3.11.0-8-generic x86_64 NonfreeKernelModules: fglrx ApportVersion: 2.12.5-0ubuntu1 Architecture: amd64 Date: Wed Oct 2 20:21:33 ...

Hi, I'm running Ubuntu 14.04 on a Dell Inspiron 3135 laptop. I have this problem where the wifi adapter completely disconnects after resuming from suspend. After booting Ubuntu 14.04 from the laptop being off, wifi works just fine, and "nmcli nm" produces: RUNNING STATE WIFI-HARDWARE WIFI WWAN-HARDWARE WWAN running connected enabled enabled enabled disabled

This happens most of the time since I installed 13.10,but not all the time. Clicking the network indicator does not reconnect while it is in this state,only rebooting will reconnect. Once it is reconnected, I can click on the indicator and disconnect and reconnect at will. Any suggestions as to what this is caused by?

Something to do with Suspend/Hibernate/Resume functionality (power management)

nmcli nm sleep false sudo killall wpa_supplicant
    Run the above each time the ubuntu logins. incase it says Error: Object 'nm' is unknown...just ignore the first command and run the killall...seems to work for me (been an hour no disconnections)... for reference https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Networking/CLI

Comment

Originally posted by sammaz View Post
      I experience the same drop outs and I have excellent Wifi in Openelec. I think that linux is powering down the wifi incorrectly. I am going to try some of the other linux firmware drivers here :

http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/poo...inux-firmware/
      Okie here is a temporary fix

nmcli nm sleep false
      killall wpa_supplicant
      Run these commands as root each time you boot/login into ubuntu (write a script). Ignore the first command incase you get object nm unknown error. This is a known bug in ubuntu that has to do with power management namely resume/suspend/hibernate functionality.

Comment

After killall wpa_supplicant command that i issued immediately after logging into the mate environment, WiFi is stable from the past 1 hour.

Comment

Thanks mailkit!

I will try this when my new High speed (90mbps) SD-Card arrives. I have been waiting to get back into this release until I had a proper memory card.

Comment

Hi, anyone tried to flash this on the internal nand?
            If you have a look at the shop from linuxminipc.com they advertise that the MK808B plus runs both android and linux from NAND...
            So I guess that they must have updated their rom, but didn't publish it (yet)? Still it shows that is is possible to run linux from NAND instead of SD

Comment

I think if someone can solve properly the Wi-fi issue permanently then having openelec on nand and ubuntu on sd-card is perfect

Comment

Originally posted by mailkit View Post
                I think if someone can solve properly the Wi-fi issue permanently then having openelec on nand and ubuntu on sd-card is perfect
                Maybe we can just include your script :

nmcli nm sleep false
                killall wpa_supplicant

and make a new release with the script included. Has this fix worked for you or did you continue to see wifi drop out after running it?

Comment

It did not really work that well...it seemed to disconnect now and then (occasionally) ...is there a way we could use the odroid-c1+ image?

Comment

Originally posted by kröbi View Post
                    Solution for MK808B +with ap6212 and no wifi :

I sticked AVM FRITZ! WLAN in USB-Port and
                    got linux-firmware_1.127.15_all.deb on USB-Stick and installed it in terminal with sudo dpkg -i --force-overwrite linux-......
                    This worked for me.
                    Where from?

2 problems i have so far:

1. Resolution is 1080 but the desktopmanager is still displaying at 720 - leaving a big part of the screen black - how can i extend it to fill the whole screen?
                    2. No wifi - realtek rtl8723bs - is there a way to update the kernel for this? to 3.19 something
                    Last edited by astateofmind; 10-24-2015, 00:22.

Comment

Originally posted by astateofmind View Post

Where from?

2 problems i have so far:

1. Resolution is 1080 but the desktopmanager is still displaying at 720 - leaving a big part of the screen black - how can i extend it to fill the whole screen?
                      2. No wifi - realtek rtl8723bs - is there a way to update the kernel for this? to 3.19 something
                      You can dont need to update kernel per say. If you have precompiled module, just load it to the existing kernel or compile only the realtek driver.

I posted a tutorial here for start

let me know if you can start or else I will post more eloborate tutorial

Comment

I have tested this release from a 90+Mbps SD-Card and it is so much better. Load times are 1\2.

Still working on the sleeping wifi issue ...

Comment

Curious if anyone has Bluetooth working on the MK808B Plus running Linux MiniPC's port? If so, a few pointers would be much appreciated.

Also, discovered different version of the device floating run. SW loaded fine on Tronsmart byt not on a non-name clone...(M201 vs M202?)

Comment

Originally posted by mrb1090 View Post
                            Curious if anyone has Bluetooth working on the MK808B Plus running Linux MiniPC's port? If so, a few pointers would be much appreciated.

Also, discovered different version of the device floating run. SW loaded fine on Tronsmart byt not on a non-name clone...(M201 vs M202?)
                            http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ilpage_o04_s00

That BT usb adapter is working perfectly. I have Dualshock 4 playstation controller working with trackpad as a mouse It's called "ds4drv" ( https://github.com/chrippa/ds4drv ) ...there is also a pop-up virtual keyboard that works perfectly called "onBoard" ( http://ubuntuguide.net/onboardenable...r-ubuntu-gnome ). So I can kick back on the couch and turn the TV on...Linux boots without login...then you can turn on the DS4 controller and completely operate linux from the couch. The virtual keyboard pops up any time there is text to enter. Its really awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by mailkit View Post

You can dont need to update kernel per say. If you have precompiled module, just load it to the existing kernel or compile only the realtek driver.

I posted a tutorial here for start
                              http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...ck-mk808b-plus

let me know if you can start or else I will post more eloborate tutorial
                              That's what i need: the precompiled module for my card/kernel. I tried to use the one from openelec but it will not modrobe. I tried to compile one for arm arch but i get the same error:

modprobe: ERROR: could not insert '8723bs': Exec format error

Used linux-headers-3.10.70-74 headers to compile. Tried linux-amlogic source too.

Later edit: i played with so many kernel sources and configs that i have no idea what i've done ... but last ko i built is working!!!! YAY!!

Everything working ok now, thanks a lot

PS: I have no idea how to replace the kernel in the boot.img
                              Last edited by astateofmind; 10-26-2015, 23:52.

Comment

Damn, it's sooo slow

Comment

Working...
                                X