Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by astateofmind View Post
    Damn, it's sooo slow
    LOL...So much work\time on these small devices. Maybe we should just stick to recommending USB\ethernet adapters.

Comment

Well, at least it works, but a bit slow (network and device) and now it overheats and crashes ... i need to apply a cooling solution.

I need it for a rather basic task: start in chrome and open a page with an application without any intervention. It does that but the application kills it ... too cpu intensive ...

I will try with another sdcard to see if a fresh image without all the crazy stuff i did would not overheat.

If anyone needs the module for rtl8723bs let me know, i will upload it somewhere.

Comment

Yes, I would appreciate the rtl8723bs module.

Comment

Unzip and copy the file in /lib/modules/3.10.70/kernel/drivers/net/wireless

run depmod -a && modprobe 8723bs

if you get no error you should add it to be loaded at boot ( /etc/modules iirc)

Here it is (let me know if it works for you):

http://www.fileconvoy.com/dfl.php?id...0f4d8a14b87e28
          Last edited by astateofmind; 10-30-2015, 18:05.

Comment

One more thing: it looks like in my case setting cpu freq to performance from on demand improved a bit the performance.

Comment

Originally posted by astateofmind View Post

Later edit: i played with so many kernel sources and configs that i have no idea what i've done ... but last ko i built is working!!!! YAY!!
              Hi, do you by chance remember what sources/configs you've used in the process? I've managed to boot this thing up on my HD18q MXQ box, but naturally neither wi-fi or ethernet are working, so I guess I now have to figure out how to compile an 8188eu module myself.

Comment

Hello i`m interested into buying a MK808b Plus but as i see there are two different models one with s805 and one with m805, is linux - ubuntu mate working in both models?
                thanks

Comment

So I did as written here, Ubuntu mate is booting, but mouse is not working. And android now is not booting, just asking for update or erasing. Any help?

Comment

I have found that mouse is actually working, only microusb male to usb female adapters are not working. Problem with non-booting android still exists.

Comment

Does anyone have the driver 8188eu.ko (kernel 3.10.70 #14)? I want to try in Inphic Spot i5

Comment

One question for whomever knows: I am currently on finless rom. If I install openelec on nand and Ubuntu on sd card, will I be able to install back finless? I would like to try Ubuntu on the stick but if it doesn't meet my needs, can I install back Android? Not stock but this custom rom? It was pretty easy install from sd to nand over stock Android

Sent from my x600 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by fudimenti View Post
                          One question for whomever knows: I am currently on finless rom. If I install openelec on nand and Ubuntu on sd card, will I be able to install back finless? I would like to try Ubuntu on the stick but if it doesn't meet my needs, can I install back Android? Not stock but this custom rom? It was pretty easy install from sd to nand over stock Android

Sent from my x600 using Tapatalk
                          It works for OpenELEC, so I am sure it will work for Android.

This is a demo of Linux running on a $30 Android stick, the MK808B Plus. It resides on a microSD card so I can run Linux or OpenELEC. This little stick is ...
                          MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Not sure whether this thread is still active but still... Thanks Sammaz and Loboris for the clear instructions for installing Ubuntu MATE on MK808B plus. I have managed to install it on my MK808B plus stick.

Trouble is I'm unable to get wifi to work. I tried "killall wpa_supplicant" but it does not seem to find the process. I have a Tronsmart MK808B+ with Broadcomm ap6210 chip. Just wanted to check whether anyone has found a solution yet.

I was wondering whether to get a USB wireless adaptor or a USB to RJ45 adaptor like http://www.geekbuying.com/item/High-...et-314264.html.

Any thoughts?

Many thanks!

Comment

I have acquired mk808b+ clone (rtl wifi) and in my case is anything other than gnu/linux on this unworkable (do not care about multmedia, just board form factor).
                              After initial bricking I have found original android image which I can flash over usb. On top of that I can flash OpenELEC 6.0.1.1 (couldn't find recommended 5.95.5.2 for NAND anywhere) using sdcard.
                              But when I am trying to install minipc ubuntu I will get m201 != m202 error, which I am unable to resolve.

I am not android developer, nor do I know boot&recovery details.
                              I have tried change the version check and resign package using signapk, which resulted in verification error. Original CWM does not have settings to disable this check.
                              I have attempted to use dd to flash bootloader and logo img files inside zip to /dev/* counterparts in OpenELEC installation (which I have deamed to be the core work of applying update by looking into same file where version check is located) which resulted in bricking (usb flashing still luckily applicable).

Is there any possibility to run Ubuntu on this piece of HW?

Comment

Originally posted by bednarpe View Post
                                Is there any possibility to run Ubuntu on this piece of HW?
                                Managed to boot Ubuntu using Finless rom as setup. Of course without wifi.
                                Although I am much happier with Linux with out wifi then Android with wifi, I would appreciate pointers to working drivers.

Comment

Working...
                                X