Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strange I have same board as you and it worked,,but glad you got it working

Comment

Hi Guys. New to the forum, although i am already impressed by the knowledge u have here. I would like to ask for your help w my MXQ device constant red light issue. I took it apart, i have AMLOGIC_S805_BOX_v02 board and the chip in questions is SKhynix H27UCG8TETR. Can u point me which pins i need to connect in order to get it recognized by Win10 and which files i will need?
      Thanks in advance.
      ​R3d

Comment

Originally posted by Piecia1980 View Post
        This firmware does not work, an error occurred while uploading, ive loaded 112k4 an then mxq_1207_aml_upgrade_package.img

Everything works great
        can you give me link to this please?...

Comment

I have a MXQ-S805 Ver 1.0 with a sdtnqgama-008g nand which pins do I need to short out and what is a good firmware?

Comment

I'm having a big problem with mine as well. It's the MXQ OTT all black S805 V3_1 20151230. NAND is h27ucg8t2etr. All I get is a solid red light. Recovery was impossible to get into, even when it was working. When you tried to get into recovery, it would just flash a yellow lettered "rebooting" in the lower left corner. The I tried to do the auto load sd card, the light went from blue to a constant red after that. Now when I plug in the usb for the usbBurning tool, I don't even have to jumper the two pins on the nand. Windows 7 connects to it just by plugging it in, strange. I've tried several images, different versions of the burning tool, different laptops, and different usb cables. They all fail, 2% at Download DDR, then you can hear the usb disconnect and reconnect, only to continue this cycle. I did read somewhere that some manufacturers put some sort of a block to protect the chip from third party firmware write, anyone else hear anything like that before? I even tried this by shorting the pins anyway, with no better result.

Comment

Originally posted by gonemad View Post
              I'm having a big problem with mine as well. It's the MXQ OTT all black S805 V3_1 20151230. NAND is h27ucg8t2etr. All I get is a solid red light. Recovery was impossible to get into, even when it was working. When you tried to get into recovery, it would just flash a yellow lettered "rebooting" in the lower left corner. The I tried to do the auto load sd card, the light went from blue to a constant red after that. Now when I plug in the usb for the usbBurning tool, I don't even have to jumper the two pins on the nand. Windows 7 connects to it just by plugging it in, strange. I've tried several images, different versions of the burning tool, different laptops, and different usb cables. They all fail, 2% at Download DDR, then you can hear the usb disconnect and reconnect, only to continue this cycle. I did read somewhere that some manufacturers put some sort of a block to protect the chip from third party firmware write, anyone else hear anything like that before? I even tried this by shorting the pins anyway, with no better result.

One thing I have learnt is that if you are using the USB method and it doesn't go beyond 2% to UBOOT.. Formatting.. Downloading system etc.. you are using the wrong image for your device. If you are using the SD Card method and it doesn't load up, you are using the wrong files there as well perhaps not the right u-boot.bin altogether. Best bet is to contact the manufacturer/vendor and request the right image to load.

Comment

Correct, I finally found the right firmware to flash via sd card. Thanks
                Originally posted by eddybear View Post

One thing I have learnt is that if you are using the USB method and it doesn't go beyond 2% to UBOOT.. Formatting.. Downloading system etc.. you are using the wrong image for your device. If you are using the SD Card method and it doesn't load up, you are using the wrong files there as well perhaps not the right u-boot.bin altogether. Best bet is to contact the manufacturer/vendor and request the right image to load.

Comment

Originally posted by gonemad View Post
                  Correct, I finally found the right firmware to flash via sd card. Thanks
                  I have exactly the same box, and it is bricked with red light and black screen. Which image did you use and and how did you unbricked it please

Comment

Originally posted by toBa View Post

I have exactly the same box, and it is bricked with red light and black screen. Which image did you use and and how did you unbricked it please
                    I used this file. Use the uboot that's included and sd cardmaker. I just inserted the card and pweredit up and it booted automatically. never had to push the reset button. It does nothing on my box, whether you keep it pressed or not. I've done gone and messed around again and bricked mine, again. But now it's toast I think. USB burning tool would never got past 2% no matter what image I used and now my sd image I used for previous unbricking won't work either. Hopefully this will work for you. Let me know if you get an error when using the sd cardmaker.

Comment

Any chance you could supply the links to those two roms Piecia? Thanks

Comment

double post edited

Comment

Hi everyone, had the same problem (bricked, red ligh) but the usb burning tool recognizes the tv box, do i have to short the nand pins too? the problem is that any ROM image I've try stucks at 2% or 5%...
                          Thanks
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by ckeays View Post
                            OK I finally figured it out after three days!
                            Your box is not dead!!

I found the way IN using USB Burning Tool v2.0.4.3.

1. First join ALE and WE on the nand (on my nand (H27UCG8T) it's pin 17 & 18).
                            Look at the picture I posted.
                            Nothing works for me except that. No toothpick trick, nothing else.

You should trace where these two pins go on the board so it would be easier to solder
                            (and so you don't render the unit permanently useless).

One of the pins goes to a very small resistor on the side of the NAND and the other pin
                            goes to a small resistor footprint right beside the pin although there was no resistor installed there.

DO SO AT YOUR OWN RISK!
                            USE EXTREME CAUTION HERE! I am not responsible if you destroy your hardware!!

2. You need a male to male usb cable on USB PORT 4 (back of the unit)
                            This is the OTG port on this board. (the one that can be used to program with)

3. YOU DO NOT NEED TO CONNECT POWER in this mode! Power is taken from your usb port on your PC.

4. Once cable is connected to the PC, you should hear the sound when a USB device is discovered on your PC.
                            If you have installed USB Burning tool, then it will automatically find the driver. I used windows XP with USB 2.0 ports.
                            I found it wouldn't program unless I disconnected the wire joining the two nand pins once the device was discovered.
                            You can try leaving the pins shorted, I don't know.

You'll know it's connected because you will see the discovered device in the USB Burning Tool program on one of the ports.

5. Next you can load the image in USB Burning Tool. I suggest you look at a guide on how to use the program especially the part regarding preventing windows from allowing the ports to sleep!

Here is another major problem that I searched for two days and still had to figure out on my own. When loading an image in USB Burning Tool, I got the error message "Parse Burning Image fail".
                            No matter what image I loaded, this happened. I searched the net and found others with the same problem but no solution. Nowhere does the program mention the image requirements.

The image USB Burning Tool requires is one large , (one file) not the images that are designed for the SD card method.

I did not find the right image for my box but I did find an S85 image that worked (had a few bugs) but it was enough to unbrick my box
                            so that I could load the correct image using the SD card method afterwards.

Here are the images I used:
                            http://chinagadgetsreviews.blogspot....at-442_81.html

This one is the one used to revive the box with USB Burning Tool. You can leave this on your box, it worked on mine with a few minor bugs, at least it wasn't bricked!

I loaded this rom afterwards using the SD card method:
                            http://www.preupload.com/2015/04/hd1...r-ott-mxq.html

it works well so far and I like the design.

So there you have it. This should fix your bricked box.
                            MUCHISIMAS GRACIAS AMIGO. pude revivir mi MXQ OTT S805. tenia el problema del LED ROJO. antes probaba el USB Burning Tool pero se quedaba al 3 %. pero uniendo los pines 17 y 18 pudo completar el 100% y reinicio con el LED AZUL. ahora estoy super contento mil gracias recupere mi TV BOX de la muerte.

Comment

Originally posted by FoxHound View Post

MUCHISIMAS GRACIAS AMIGO. pude revivir mi MXQ OTT S805. tenia el problema del LED ROJO. antes probaba el USB Burning Tool pero se quedaba al 3 %. pero uniendo los pines 17 y 18 pudo completar el 100% y reinicio con el LED AZUL. ahora estoy super contento mil gracias recupere mi TV BOX de la muerte.
                              I am happy to see you got it working. These boxes are only good for booting from an SD card using ALEXELEC here. Android operating system is too slow otherwise. The boot method is very fast and runs well with KODI built in. I use it to watch media from a USB hard drive.

Comment

Working...
                              X