Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sumvision Cyclone X4

Hi everyone,

I've just bought a Cyclone 4x, and I like the look of it, but.... I have a couple of issues.

Well, one issue really, but it's a big one!! The wifi is VERY tempremental! It won't always connect, and often just turns itself off.

I've been searching ALL day, and so far have found a youtube video explaining a fix for a similar box, but it needs root access. You delete the wpa_supplicant.conf file if that helps!

HOWEVER - I can't get root! I've downloaded the supposedly rooted firmware from Sumvisions website, but when it reboots it's on the same old fw and isn't rooted.

I noticed a user called Bobones seemed to get his rooted last year, but the files linked to in the various posts aren't available now.

Does anyone have any rooted FW I could use please?

Thanks in advance!!

Originally posted by citygent1911 View Post
    Hi everyone,

I've just bought a Cyclone 4x, and I like the look of it, but.... I have a couple of issues.

Well, one issue really, but it's a big one!! The wifi is VERY tempremental! It won't always connect, and often just turns itself off.

I've been searching ALL day, and so far have found a youtube video explaining a fix for a similar box, but it needs root access. You delete the wpa_supplicant.conf file if that helps!

HOWEVER - I can't get root! I've downloaded the supposedly rooted firmware from Sumvisions website, but when it reboots it's on the same old fw and isn't rooted.

I noticed a user called Bobones seemed to get his rooted last year, but the files linked to in the various posts aren't available now.

Thanks in advance!!
    MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 20GB now

the above is a link to a rooted rom supposedly for your box if you want to read about it before you try it go to mediabox forums and look at the roms by mediaman rom is called MXQ - 109K4 ( custom )

Comment

Originally posted by citygent1911 View Post
      Hi everyone,

Thanks in advance!!
      IDK if you've managed to root your device or not OP but I found your post when I was trying to root mine and thought I'd come back here to give you an update.

The f/w on the Sumvision download that says it's rooted actually is rooted.

However, the instructions are crap and you need to disregard the bit about using a USB stick (and the photo that shows one). That method doesn't actually wipe or update at all and you'll be left with your existing unrooted system like you found.

If you use a micro SD card instead (make sure it's Fat32 formatted) it works like a charm and you can install SuperSU the normal way without having to go into recovery.

Hope this helps you if you're still trying to find a solution

Comment

Im having the same issue, bought 4 units and routed 2 by the FW from the Sumvision site saved to USB.

im sure I tried the same files saved to SD abd it failed for me, Blandroid can you outline the steps in the method you used to update by SD?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by techcareuk View Post
          Im having the same issue, bought 4 units and routed 2 by the FW from the Sumvision site saved to USB.

im sure I tried the same files saved to SD abd it failed for me, Blandroid can you outline the steps in the method you used to update by SD?

Thanks
          The instructions on the Sumvision website are okay so long as you disregard any references to a USB stick - everything else mentioned is correct in terms of the procedure.

You need to put the files on a micro SD card (formatted to Fat32) then when the system boots it finds the files and executes the rooting process.

It's ages since I did it but I think I recall having to use the remote that came with the box to boot it up.

Comment

Working...
          X