No announcement yet.

Vensmile MXV S805 latest ROM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok, yeah, this must be how it works then because the box I have I just got yesterday and haven't done anything to it so that must be the way it behaves by default not the Rom you are using.
    So I don't think that is anything that can be fixed, it's just the way it works. I would probably never hold the button log enough to power it fully off, no need to.

Comment

Anyone know how to get mega to actually download the files? It just stops working when i get to 99%(tried pausing and resuming, re-downloading with a different browser, etc..)

edit - Finally worked after trying a 3rd time.
      Updated the rom(just one update) and it seems to be running well. Only complaint is i wish you could edit the main home screen tiles. I never use the Storage or Music buttons, and would prefer to replace one with a clear memory button(that is in a few other AMlogic roms)
      Otherwise, its mostly just there so i can load Kodi so not too big a issue.(would think about using a openelec build, but i occasionally want to run a few oldschool emulators on it too.)
      Last edited by Kevin92; 12-12-2015, 20:46.

Comment

Fyi - I just realized that if you hold the menu button, it does the memory clear/clean

Comment

Originally posted by matrixebiz View Post
          Fyi - I just realized that if you hold the menu button, it does the memory clear/clean
          Thanks, good to know.

Now my only issue with the box is how it does not seem to spin down the hard drive when i put it to sleep(90% what i watch is off a 2.5" drive i have plugged in through USB. When i press the power button, the HDD's access LED stays lit and if i touch the hard drive enclosure, i can feel it still vibrating and the case is warm to the touch. I can also hear it if its dead-silent in my room. I dont want to put extra wear on the hard drive if i can avoid it.)

Also, miracast in this rom *DOES* work, which was not the case with the stock one. Though i guess because of the weaker wi-fi, it isnt too useful since it was dropping frames and stuttering sound like crazy when i tried to watch a video off my N5. Gaming was also nearly impossible.

edit - Oh yeah, 1 other problem that is probably impossible to fix without re-writting the rom. When you do a hard reboot, the order of your drives can get messed up if you have more than 1 plugged in. My main library is on a HDD that is read by the android OS as sda1. If i have another USB flash drive plugged in, it will be read as sdb1(a third is sdc1, etc...)
          If i unplug or fully shut down the MXV, it will usually re-assign the drives based off whatever loads first(i guess?) so the USB flash drive will suddenly become sda1 and the HDD sdb1. This causes the kodi tv/movie folders to no longer be found. Only way to fix it is to again turn everything off and this time make sure i boot it up with ONLY the HDD plugged in(to ensure that it gets the sda1 drive configuration). Its a stupid thing that rarely happens, but it would be nice if there was a way to make sure the MXV always loaded the HDD(In USB-3) first. Its in that specific USB port because i use a short cable and thats the only port it can plug into, while laying ontop of the MXV, flush with all the sides.
          If there was a way to have the HDD spin down while its in sleep mode, this would be a significantly smaller issue, but again, i'm trying to avoid extra wear on the hdd so i shut the thing down all the way(Hold the power button for a second or 2) when i go to bed.
          Last edited by Kevin92; 12-13-2015, 05:12.

Comment

Originally posted by mystguy View Post
            ok, this is the only problem that I face with the firmware that I am using always I need to press power button on top to turn the device on.. hope it'll be fixed shortly.. I think they need to fix something in bootloader for this to work.

Also I was not able to type using the remote keys (toggle button never worked for me) - is it working in this rom ? Though I dont use the factory remote but still it'll be quite good if it works in this rom.
            Just to be sure, with firmware S805P-20150921 you don't have the problem where the IP is changed every time you restart the box?

Comment

Version 1119 is here
              MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 20GB now

(no need to upgrade if you installed the previous version, it can be upgraded online through the MBOX update APP

Comment

I've just received this device and first disappointment: it doesnt support the Xbox controller or any other controller... it doesnt support my mini keyboard/trackpad either. It's pretty useless for me like this.

Does this rom (or any other) solve that problem?

Comment

Originally posted by sobrator View Post
                  I've just received this device and first disappointment: it doesnt support the Xbox controller or any other controller... it doesnt support my mini keyboard/trackpad either. It's pretty useless for me like this.

Probably not, don't hurt to try.
                  You can lso try openelec builds (google it up)

Comment

Originally posted by cassioac View Post

Probably not, don't hurt to try.
                    You can lso try openelec builds (google it up)

Still didn't find any openelec version with wifi working. do you know of any?

Comment

Originally posted by sobrator View Post

Wired 360 controller = no
                      BT controller = yes
                      wired SNES controller = yes(but the a/b/x/y/l/r buttons act as generic joystick buttons, so unless your app can customize the key bindings it wont work. Most emulators have this option tho)
                      BT mini keyboard with trackpad = yes

Still trying to find a solution for my issue(HDD stays spinning when the MXV goes into standby) I'm not sure if its a hard drive issue(Seagate backup lite), hard drive enclosure, MXV hardware, or MXV rom.

Edit - After doing more research, it seems the issue is the hard drive, not the media player. When the media player goes into standby, the USB ports ONLY send power(no data) so smarter HDD's will clue into the fact that the data connection is dead and thus spin down and park the head. The one i bought does not have that feature.and thus runs 24/7 when plugged in which will probably significantly shorten its life for this kind of use... bummer...

I would advise people to avoid buying the Seagate Backup Lite(2.5" drive) for these boxes. It sucks cause they are the perfect dimensions to sit ontop of the MXV while being flush against all the sides.
                      I know the WD Blue and Green drives have this feature, and are found in most of the 2.5" WD enclosures. I had avoided them because they dont have a SATA interface(the USB plug is soldered directly onto the drive, so you cant re-use the drive for a PS4 or Laptop later on) but that feature would have been worth the limited use later on.
                      Last edited by Kevin92; 12-17-2015, 23:21.

Comment

Hi, does anyone still have this ROM by any chance?

Comment

Hi, i have XT-s805p_v01 board (MXV S805)

Is it possible to run Armbian on it ? i can`t multi upload, pltase help

Comment

Working...
                          X