• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scooter2014 View Post

The file linked says over 800 megs but is a 13 gig apk when downloaded
    ok so its a fake file then

Comment

Plasma - mine is completely hard bricked now after trying an Openelec flash; red light only. However, for you, if yours is really the same as mine, and if your remote control is somewhat different then the typical layout for these, then I THINK it's a Dbox. If so, they have the UPGRADED ROM for download. Won't work for me since it can't boot into recovery now.....dumb move on my part. That ROM is :
      DP_MXQ_1.8.4-110216. For me - I may need to flash a boot img using USB burning tool, except I forget exactly how to do that . .I'm old and forget things quickly anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by kiwi_man82 View Post
        Update from my first post #133

Version Marking on mainboard: MXQ S805 V3_1 20151230
        Pictures of mainboard: http://freaktab.com/filedata/fetch?photoid=563746
        Wifi Chip: (can't read it)
        Known Working UPDATE rom: cyx_MXQ_8189etv_8g1g_kodi_addons_160126_SD升级.rar
        Known working IMG rom (for USB burning tool): (unknown)
        Known working Openelec version: (unknown)
        Where puchased: Aliexpress (can't remember seller details)
        Any other info:
        Update rom details

^
        File Name : cyx_MXQ_8189etv_8g1g_kodi_addons_160126_SD升级.rar
        File Size : 646 MB
        Device : m201d (MXQ) (OTT) (S805) (MBX)
        Build Date : January 26 2016
        OS Version : Android 4.4.2 (KitKat) (Pre-Rooted)

Note. I used the wrong u_boot.bin when I first tried to update my device and after some more reading I realized I had to use the .bin in this rar to update of sd card. Also make sure you copy this .bin file to the directory of sd boot card maker

Edit. Try this link. Dont know why the other didnt work
        https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B52...JoWmpLQTQ/view

thnx man i fixed my mxq with this rom !

Home Cinema Setup Livingroom:
        50" Panasonic Plasma - CS-X806 (s802 1gb/8gb) with Mele F10 on OpenElec 5.0.3 with Kodi - Pioneer Receiver - JBL Surround System - 4TB NAS

Bedroom Media Setup:
        32" Philips LCD -
        KR-42 wasser rom

Comment

Originally posted by LeXXoZ View Post

thnx man i fixed my mxq with this rom !
          Not a problem mate
          All Black MXQ
          Working OpenELEC -
          OpenELEC-Amlogic.m201d.arm-6.95.2.2-devel-20160419155042-r22630-g8a99467.img.xz On SD
          Working Android img - cyx_MXQ_8189etv_8g1g_kodi_addons_160126_SD升级.rar
          Board Number: MXQ S805 V3_1 20151230

Comment

did you get your android system back up with this rom

Comment

Yes I did. It was the only one that I found that I could use to bring my box back to life.
              All Black MXQ
              Working OpenELEC -
              OpenELEC-Amlogic.m201d.arm-6.95.2.2-devel-20160419155042-r22630-g8a99467.img.xz On SD

Comment

Yes I did. It was the only one that I found that I could use to bring my box back to life.
                could you tell me how you did it cause I'm still learning thanks a lot

Comment

I can get openelec to work and go into kodi but I still can't get my android system to come up

Comment

How did you flash that? USB burning too(?) and if so, which version as I've seen several. OR, did SD card, or even USB flash drive work?

Comment

Originally posted by Warth7 View Post
                      could you tell me how you did it cause I'm still learning thanks a lot
                      Only thing I found is that I used the wrong u_boot.bin file when creating bootable sd card.
                      Note: I used the wrong u_boot.bin when I first tried to update my device and after some more reading I realized I had to use the .bin in this rar to update of sd card. Also make sure you copy this .bin file to the directory of sd boot card maker
                      All Black MXQ
                      Working OpenELEC -

Comment

Only thing I found is that I used the wrong u_boot.bin file when creating bootable sd card.
                        Note: I used the wrong u_boot.bin when I first tried to update my device and after some more reading I realized I had to use the .bin in this rar to update of sd card. Also make sure you copy this .bin file to the directory of sd boot card maker
                        yes i know that. with the openelec img people have been telling this for 2 weeks now. i can get the openelec to work no problem. But i Need my android system to work thats what i need..

Comment

yes i know that. with the openelec img people have been telling this for 2 weeks now. i can get the openelec to work no problem. But i Need my android system to work thats what i need..
                          Ok. I can't help anymore then. Doing what I said above is how I got android to work on my box. I'm not too clued up on this stuff and was just sharing how I did it. Sorry I can't be more help
                          All Black MXQ
                          Working OpenELEC -

Comment

You have to get the andriod version and use that rom will doing the un brick method by jd that i sent you to in other threads. Just swap out in the instructions for rom he suggested for the 805 with your 805 v3 rom for your device.
                            Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

I can't even get the TWRP_2.8.7.0_MXQ to work i renamed the file to recovery.img and black screen.

Comment

TWRP is not working on the V3_1 board well i havent managed to get it working.

To get android running back onto your box your going to have to use the usb burning tool as said before

Comment

Working...
                                X