No announcement yet.

MXQ "All Black" S805 Versions / HD18q / and Clones Directory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone got the wifi working on a "AM_MXQ_A 20150825" box using any of Kszaq's OpenElec builds? Connects but doesn't do anything at the mo so I'm using an ethernet dongle.

Comment

I have the "AM_MXQ_A 20150825 " Board with "RTL8189ETV" Wifi chip. The wifi does work.
      The transfer download speed is really slow. I am talking 0.25 MBPS where i can get 28 MBPS on another MXQ with a different board and wifi chip.
      I have read on other forums regarding slow wifi on certain Android builds that were fixed by cleaning up the module whatever that means.
      We have a bottleneck somewhere but that is as good as i can explain. Also see the photo of my chip and see the numbers F618231 and GF29 underneath
      which i would say is a version. Hope everyone is talking about the same chip. It is a nightmare.

You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Thanks for the info. Me and jed are hoping Kszaq's new box is going to have the same wifi chip, fingers crossed. I'm also hoping the powering off via remote can be improved as my SanDisk Ultra Fit USB sticks get famously hot even when the box is supposedly off / in standby! Are you running K's OpenE build?

Comment

I'm running Kasz's current 6.0.0.2 on nand. My box definitely powers off. When i turn it on it boots up with openelec splash screen and then boots into kodi 15.2.
          I have a WD MyBook Essential attached via USB port and it goes into standby mode when i turn MXQ off. When i turn on the MXQ the MyBook spins up.
          So i dont have this problem. I always use self powered drives. I might also add that i flashed an mbox media rom Android before flashing openelec

Comment

Please read what i did today regarding wifi results with this MXQ. Link above

Comment

Originally posted by kostaman View Post
              http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...157#post553157

Please read what i did today regarding wifi results with this MXQ. Link above
              Hopefully this will help K sort the wifi. I was worried after reading comments here and over at the Kodi forum that the wifi chip was just crap but your research seems to prove that's it's potentially very good just badly implemented, at least with Kodi on OpenE. Over-my-head but it might help K and Codesnake if you could tell them the Linux kernel that is running with Android.

Comment

i have been sent a link for firmware via baidu but for the life of me i cannot get it to download

百度网盘为您提供文件的网络备份、同步和分享服务。空间大、速度快、安全稳固,支持教育网加速,支持手机端。注册使用百度网盘即可享受免费存储空间

password: 18x7

would/could some kind soul download and repost to another fileshare site plz (as would be a great help to me and other perhaps??)

the firmware is as follows:- kot49h.20160106.test keys

for the following pcb (see attached pictures)

thank you in advance
                You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

Originally posted by PatrickJB View Post
                  Hopefully this will help K sort the wifi. I was worried after reading comments here and over at the Kodi forum that the wifi chip was just crap but your research seems to prove that's it's potentially very good just badly implemented, at least with Kodi on OpenE. Over-my-head but it might help K and Codesnake if you could tell them the Linux kernel that is running with Android.
                  I've got a HTC-MXQ-V4 2015-12-26 board with Relatek 8188EUS WiFi. Haven't seen that one anywhere before. I haven't tried flashing my releases to it but tested the latest WiFi drivers provided by Amlogic instead. I've got pretty good results: 44Mbps (5.5 MB/s) stable throughput. I hope it will also work that well for 8189ETV owners.

Comment

Thanks Kasz I will wait for the next update ? If thats what you mean ? I am using your 6.0.0.2 with lousy speed. I think you might have read #66 when i tried the mbox android roms and i got the best wifi speed ever on this Realtek 8189ETV . Problem was when i entered kodi it dropped to .25mbps.

Comment

Thanks Kasz I will wait for the next update ? If thats what you mean ? I am using your 6.0.0.2 with lousy speed. I think you might have read #66 when i tried the mbox android roms and i got the best wifi speed ever on this Realtek 8189ETV . Problem was when i entered kodi it dropped to .25mbps.
                      Yes, updated drivers will be included in next release. I still have a few things to sort out for it but it is functional and I may post a test build if you wish to try it.

Comment

Not a problem it seems a few members have the same board and chip as me.

All Black MXQ "AM_MXQ_A 20150825" Board " RTL8189ETV wifi chip"

Comment

Just posted a build to try in OpenELEC thread.

Comment

Originally posted by jed View Post

OpenELEC-Amlogic.MXQ.arm-6.0-devel-20151127163356-r21676-gb9749b3 by TheRealJohnGalt is better for this board I think.
                            Thx . do you think it will solve the a/v spdi/f issue on my box??
                            Has any one tested this on am_mxq a20150825 bord?
                            Would be great to hear from.

Comment

You have the same bord as me, I flashed to nand (the latest release of kszaq 6.0.1.1) and works fine except a/v spdi/f and blue led stay on all the time

Comment

Originally posted by michaelchen View Post

You have the same bord as me, I flashed to nand (the latest release of kszaq 6.0.1.1) and works fine except a/v spdi/f and blue led stay on all the time
                                Does your wifi and ethernet work correctly? A few of us with that board are having problems: http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...825#post553825

Comment

Working...
                                X