MXQ "All Black" S805 Versions / HD18q / and Clones Directory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PatrickJB View Post
    Does your wifi and ethernet work correctly? A few of us with that board are having problems: http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...825#post553825
    as i mentiond before both ethernet and wifi work just fine for me. the only problem is a/v+spdi/f connections.
    have u tried TheRealJohnGalt
    ??????????????????????????????

Comment

Originally posted by michaelchen View Post

as i mentiond before both ethernet and wifi work just fine for me. the only problem is a/v+spdi/f connections.
      have u tried TheRealJohnGalt
      ??????????????????????????????
      Pretty sure a/v+spdif don't work on K's builds. Have't tried the RealJohns build as it wasn't straight forward to download, put me off a bit. But jed on the other thread suggests it's pretty good. Just going to stick with K's 6.0.0.2 build for now. I'm getting a bit stressed mucking about with too many updates. The way i see it if you want all the bells and whistles then you just have to buy an official OpenElec box, unfortunetly they're not that cheap but...

Comment

Pretty sure a/v+spdif don't work on K's builds. Have't tried the RealJohns build as it wasn't straight forward to download, put me off a bit. But jed on the other thread suggests it's pretty good. Just going to stick with K's 6.0.0.2 build for now. I'm getting a bit stressed mucking about with too many updates. The way i see it if you want all the bells and whistles then you just have to buy an official OpenElec box, unfortunetly they're not that cheap but...
        Strait to the point my friend.
        Just tried realjhons build on my black mxq (his mxq file not the 18q) any way didn't see any change in audio issue meaning a/v spdi f still don't work, but......felt like my box was on steroids every thing worked so fast, I checked the info and saw that from the 4 cores in the box only 3 we're working, some how core 3(the fourth core) was stuck on 0% no matter what I did. That frigtend me a bit so now I'm back to kszaq 6.0.0.2 and now all 4 cores work. Good night all.

Comment

Originally posted by jubangy View Post
          the only version marking I can see is kca-008-1.1
          Wifi chip Realtek rtl8188etv
          Only known working rom was the stock rom, kot49h.20151026.r4 test-keys
          Have not found an update or custom rom to work
          Purchased from amazon.com http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ilpage_o01_s00

Have been trying like hell to revive this thing. Tried to update to a custom rom but it bricked, not is just a blue light when plugged in. Not able to use sdcard, usb burner errors out at 2% every time ddr rom iniatilize failure or something to that effect. Even bought new usb cable just for this and same thing.

If any one can steer me in the right direction that would be appreciated.

You get it to work? I may be able to help. Bricked the same board last night and revived this morning.
          Last edited by norm182; 02-06-2016, 17:49. Reason: more info

Comment

A little thing called 7.1usb virtual audio adapter solved my problem. Plugged it in to one of the mxq usb and turned the mxq on and connected my Samsung sound bar to the mxq with the adapter. Every thing works even passthrough. Well just wanted to say big thx kzs again for all the work. Would be great if it worked without the adapter but hi all is good.

Comment

Originally posted by norm182 View Post

You get it to work? I may be able to help. Bricked the same board last night and revived this morning.
              i have the same board, and same problem. can you help?

Comment

Originally posted by CaskettMaggot View Post

i have the same board, and same problem. can you help?
                try this https://cloud.mail.ru/public/7oSn/WunL7sMWW

Comment

Originally posted by poul50 View Post
                  ive tried that image already. usb burner errors at 2% with ddr rom/initialize failure.
                  this is the error i get from any image ive tried, any configuration. ive tried 3 different cables, 2 different computers.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by CaskettMaggot; 02-08-2016, 02:12. Reason: more info

Comment

Version Marking on mainboard: MXQ V2.0
                    Pictures of mainboard: attached
                    Wifi Chip: Realtek RTL8188ETV
                    Known Working UPDATE rom: kot49H.20151223 this was stock but unable to find any details from seller
                    Known working IMG rom (for USB burning tool): yet to find a stable rom!
                    Known working Openelec version: any suggestions?
                    Where purchased. TOMTOP
                    Any other info: struggling to find any stable Rom! Megatrons v2 was probably most reliable (wifi and remote fine) but would crash during operation and then not reboot.

Would be grateful for my firmware suggestions

Thanks
                    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 4 photos.

Comment

Originally posted by diamondandroid View Post
                      Version Marking on mainboard: MXQ V2.0
                      Pictures of mainboard: attached
                      Wifi Chip: Realtek RTL8188ETV
                      Known Working UPDATE rom: kot49H.20151223 this was stock but unable to find any details from seller
                      Known working IMG rom (for USB burning tool): yet to find a stable rom!
                      Known working Openelec version: any suggestions?
                      Where purchased. TOMTOP
                      Any other info: struggling to find any stable Rom! Megatrons v2 was probably most reliable (wifi and remote fine) but would crash during operation and then not reboot.

Would be grateful for my firmware suggestions

Thanks
                      Might be worth asking on this thread as K is the main man for the MXQ builds: http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...mk808b-and-mxq

Comment

Dc0de ,

If i use the updated HQ18 file with openelec 6.1, will I have to reinstall the bootloader or does it not rewrite a the bootloader on an upgrade??

Comment

Might be worth asking on this thread as K is the main man for the MXQ builds: http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...mk808b-and-mxq
                          Cheers for the pointer, I will give it a go!

Comment

ive tried that image already. usb burner errors at 2% with ddr rom/initialize failure.
                            this is the error i get from any image ive tried, any configuration. ive tried 3 different cables, 2 different computers.

What Worked for mine was creating a factory image SD card, NOT the standard update type. This card is made using amlogic bootcard maker and the proper uboot . I will upload to my dropbox tonight and post links.

Comment

Originally posted by norm182 View Post

What Worked for mine was creating a factory image SD card, NOT the standard update type. This card is made using amlogic bootcard maker and the proper uboot . I will upload to my dropbox tonight and post links.
                              I havent tried that yet. i have been trying to use the usb burning tool. my box is stuck with a blue led, no screen. is that the same type of brick you encountered? as far as stock images go, ive only been able to try full factory images because all versions of usb burning tool cant parse update images. i do appreciate the tip, and super thanks for taking the time to upload the proper files to dropbox. im familiar with the process, just i only had one sd card, so i actually bought a new one today.

Comment

I havent tried that yet. i have been trying to use the usb burning tool. my box is stuck with a blue led, no screen. is that the same type of brick you encountered? as far as stock images go, ive only been able to try full factory images because all versions of usb burning tool cant parse update images. i do appreciate the tip, and super thanks for taking the time to upload the proper files to dropbox. im familiar with the process, just i only had one sd card, so i actually bought a new one today.

It was the exact same brick as yours. USB burn tool always failed for me at the same point. The link i have will give you the amlogic card maker with the appropriate u-boot in it already. The rest of the files you will put on the SD after. Should only have to hold the a/v button in for about 3-5 secs to see the MXQ logo come up. If you have all the files on, you should see recovery kick in and load the rom. This is a custom rom and I take no credit. All credit goes to the appropriate developers (http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=621980&st=1820). Let me know how you make out.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?...28&usp=sharing

Last edited by norm182; 02-09-2016, 11:35. Reason: Added thread link for solution

Comment

Working...
                                X