MXQ "All Black" S805 Versions / HD18q / and Clones Directory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stemuz View Post
    Just got one of these delivered from amazon.....

MQX V2.0 S805
    Rom is MXQ V2.0
    Board is M201D
    Working firmware is http://chinagadgetsreviews.blogspot....itkat-442.html
    Comes with a December 2015 kernel and build number
    Openelec either HD18Q or MXQ wont boot and will brick box, however it might be possible to stitch in the bootloader from the above image.

The inside board just states MXQ v2.0 but if you checck with CPU-z it states the board is m201d

Tried this firmware too but no joy! Megatrons V2 has been the most stable but then crashes when you open apps or go on tinternet. Wifi was strong and original remote worked though

Comment

Has anyone seen a firmware for this box? printed on it is MXQ REV1.1

***picture wont upload to this broken site***
      so this is a link to dropbox
      Dropbox is a free service that lets you bring your photos, docs, and videos anywhere and share them easily. Never email yourself a file again!

Comment

Originally posted by kostaman View Post
        Hi There
        I have the same board in the all black mxq. I have successfully run Kasz's Openelec with this board.
        Very important i know which remote control you have (see pics). If you have the remote on the left use the HD 18Q Builds.
        If you have the remote on the right of the picture use the MXQ Arm Builds. I have the same board as you but i have the remote on the right with the raised buttons. I run the MXQ Build 6.0.0.1 nand and it works great except wifi is very SLOW which has always been the case whatever system i've run.(rubbish chip) Power ethernet adapters are cheap.The blue button always stays on. Reboot and Clean Shut down working.
        i have the remote on the right and the same board (am mxq a 20150825) .i can run OpenELEC-Amlogic.HD18Q.arm-6.0.1.1 but have no working remote.if i run the arm build the remote works.i find the hd18q build better .is there a way to extract the remote config from the arm build and i can the ssh it to the hd18q buil;d cheers all

Comment

Originally posted by massy086 View Post
          i have the remote on the right and the same board (am mxq a 20150825) .i can run OpenELEC-Amlogic.HD18Q.arm-6.0.1.1 but have no working remote.if i run the arm build the remote works.i find the hd18q build better .is there a way to extract the remote config from the arm build and i can the ssh it to the hd18q buil;d cheers all
          I run the MXQ Arm Build as i have the same remote as you. I have no issues with it. I dont believe there is any difference in the performance.
          What difference in performance are you having ?

Comment

I run the MXQ Arm Build as i have the same remote as you. I have no issues with it. I dont believe there is any difference in the performance.
            What difference in performance are you having ?
            I was running it from sd card early,r and I was getting random lockups.i will try run it from nand and see how it goes.how do u find the wifi

Comment

I was running it from sd card early,r and I was getting random lockups.i will try run it from nand and see how it goes.how do u find the wifi
              Dont use crap SD CARDS. Maximum i use is 16gb also. I've run off sd card as well but not a crap sd card. They are too slow.

Comment

Dont use crap SD CARDS. Maximum i use is 16gb also. I've run off sd card as well but not a crap sd card. They are too slow.
                Ye I normally run off the nand. But I was just testing builds on sd before going the whole hog nand build cheers is the wifi stable now

Comment

Ye I normally run off the nand. But I was just testing builds on sd before going the whole hog nand build cheers is the wifi stable now
                  Very Stable. Very fast. Ethernet changes mac address every boot up hence ip changes too. Will be fixed by "K" next build.
                  No problem using wifi though.

Comment

Version Marking on mainboard: MXQ_S805 V3_1 20151230
                    Pictures of mainboard: Yes
                    Wifi Chip :RTL8189ETV
                    Known Working UPDATE rom:
                    Known working IMG rom (for USB burning tool):
                    Known working Openelec version:
                    Where puchased: Aliexpress Seller Hi-Speed Tech. Co.
                    Any other info:

Cant get any SD card to boot, not even twrp.
                    Stays on MXQ logo with toothpick.
                    CPUz shows M201d
                    Build # MXQ.V2.0.201601160929

I would like to get TWRP to load so I can back up and clone the other 19 boxes.

Even better if I can get openelec to load.
                    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 3 photos.

Comment

Version Marking on mainboard: TXCV-S805-MXQ
                      Wifi Chip :RTL8188ETV
                      Known Working UPDATE rom: Not Known
                      Known working Openelec version: OpenELEC-Amlogic.HD18Q.arm-6.0.1.1
                      Where puchased: ****
                      Any other info:

CPUz shows M201d
                      Build Number KOT49H.20151125 test-keys
                      Model Number m201c_1g

EDIT: added info for working openelec
                      You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 3 photos.
                      Last edited by fanni2; 02-14-2016, 18:05.

Comment

Originally posted by fanni2 View Post
                        Known working Openelec version: Would love to find out
                        Any other info:

CPUz shows M201d
                        Model Number m201c_1g

Would love to get openelec running on this and would be nice to know what version board i have if someone can tell me
                        Please go to the post link below. Try the latest SD Card version first and if happy you can flash NAND.

Comment

Known working Openelec version: Would love to find out
                          Any other info:

CPUz shows M201d
                          Model Number m201c_1g

Would love to get openelec running on this and would be nice to know what version board i have if someone can tell me
                          fanni2 I had an all black that I didn't open as I was pretty sure I needed to return it. BUT the Build Number and date you quote and Model Number were the same ! Now one question, did you get it from an **** advertiser that made a comparison about his MXQs being Genuine and then sent one that was a Clone (according to his photos of network port) ? Anyway, my point is that if we had the same board then I was unable to get OpenElec working despite the developer 'K' suggesting it might need bumped voltages and made me a test build, but still no good. Perhaps its a slightly different version of chip too - I am not sure what the "c" on "m201c_1g" signifies. Anyway, good luck ! If its from the same supplier as mine you might wish to consider returning it as I doubt it will work on OpenElec any time soon (just froze up for me). The discussion I had about it is here. http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...144#post555144

Comment

Originally posted by jed View Post

fanni2 I had an all black that I didn't open as I was pretty sure I needed to return it. BUT the Build Number and date you quote and Model Number were the same ! Now one question, did you get it from an **** advertiser that made a comparison about his MXQs being Genuine and then sent one that was a Clone (according to his photos of network port) ? Anyway, my point is that if we had the same board then I was unable to get OpenElec working despite the developer 'K' suggesting it might need bumped voltages and made me a test build, but still no good. Perhaps its a slightly different version of chip too - I am not sure what the "c" on "m201c_1g" signifies. Anyway, good luck ! If its from the same supplier as mine you might wish to consider returning it as I doubt it will work on OpenElec any time soon (just froze up for me). The discussion I had about it is here. http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...144#post555144
                            Check the power supply adapter to make sure it is 5V 2A. I bet they are using a clone board with 1.5Volt as used on Vigica boxes.

Comment

Originally posted by jed View Post

Yeah that's the same seller

Comment

Yeah that's the same seller
                                fanni2 So you can use it perfectly fine on Android, or wait for OpenElec support ("K" has identified whats needed) or return it, using the fact that it is a "Clone" from their own description. I noticed a lot of negative feedback for this very reason. Its mis-advertising as in effect they are all "clones" :-) Will the real all-black-MXQ please stand up ? No-one stands :-)

Comment

Working...
                                X