No announcement yet.

MXQ "All Black" S805 Versions / HD18q / and Clones Directory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The SD card versions will keep your Android set-up but they tend to be slower. The Nand install will wipe your Android so if you feel you may want to go back you need to be sure your have the correct downloaded zip to reinstall. Both versions are pretty easy to install. For the SD card version you need to follow the instructions and write the image file with the small program mentioned on the how-to instructions. Both SD and Nand are simply installed by powering on the box with SD card in while you press the hidden button with a toothpick. A green Android robot will appear telling you that an update in being installed. To use the SD versions you obviously need to have the card inserted once installed, when the card isn't present your box will boot to Android. Put the card back in reboot and it will automatically load OpenELEC, so in effect you can use either depending on whether you have the SD card inserted. .

I would advise you to try the SD version first to be sure it works with your box as there are many different boards out there and K, the developer, doesn't/can't support them all.

Anymore questions please ask over at the thread I linked to above. Good luck.

Comment

[QUOTE=PatrickJB;n559526]The SD card versions will keep your Android set-up but they tend to be slower. The Nand install will wipe your Android so if you feel you may want to go back you need to be sure your have the correct downloaded zip to reinstall. Both versions are pretty easy to install. For the SD card version you need to follow the instructions and write the image file with the small program mentioned on the how-to instructions. Both SD and Nand are simply installed by powering on the box with SD card in while you press the hidden button with a toothpick. A green Android robot will appear telling you that an update in being installed. To use the SD versions you obviously need to have the card inserted once installed, when the card isn't present your box will boot to Android. Put the card back in reboot and it will automatically load OpenELEC, so in effect you can use either depending on whether you have the SD card inserted. .

I would advise you to try the SD version first to be sure it works with your box as there are many different boards out there and K, the developer, doesn't/can't support them all.

Anymore questions please ask over at the thread I linked to above. Good luck.

HELLO,THANK YOU FOR YOUR REPLY,would want to ask wwhat are you using android or openelec? any chance for a good android firmware you have tried,megatron,mediaman mxq.or anything thats good?thank you,,anybody here pls,,much appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by warlock09 View Post
        HELLO,THANK YOU FOR YOUR REPLY,would want to ask wwhat are you using android or openelec? any chance for a good android firmware you have tried,megatron,mediaman mxq.or anything thats good?thank you,,anybody here pls,,much appreciated.
        I use OpenELEC which means my MXQ box boots straight to OpenELEC. I therefore have no Android on my box which some may feel is a negative but OpenElec runs fast from Nand and is stable.

As I said above, if you get OE to work from SD card it's probably safe to flash to Nand but you will loose your Android and the only way to get it back is to find a factory ROM/image.

WARNING: There is always a slight chance you may brick your box, which often can be sorted with some work, so only consider OpenElec if you really aren't happy with Android. The main reason I moved to OpenElec was because of the judder on 23.976 frame rate videos/movies, which is most of them. Android will never be able to correct this problem as far as I'm aware, something to do with the code, so if that's an issue for you then you'll need to run OpenElec.

You can always run Kodi from a PC/laptop!

Comment

Originally posted by PatrickJB View Post
          I use OpenELEC which means my MXQ box boots straight to OpenELEC. I therefore have no Android on my box which some may feel is a negative but OpenElec runs fast from Nand and is stable.

As I said above, if you get OE to work from SD card it's probably safe to flash to Nand but you will loose your Android and the only way to get it back is to find a factory ROM/image.

WARNING: There is always a slight chance you may brick your box, which often can be sorted with some work, so only consider OpenElec if you really aren't happy with Android. The main reason I moved to OpenElec was because of the judder on 23.976 frame rate videos/movies, which is most of them. Android will never be able to correct this problem as far as I'm aware, something to do with the code, so if that's an issue for you then you'll need to run OpenElec.

You can always run Kodi from a PC/laptop!

im fine with openelec,,just want to make sure it is ok to install as ive shown on my pcb board..iam helping a friend it is his box,dont want to brick his box,,i use openelec on my nuc ,,so whats best try sd card install first then nand install if it workks??thanks again mate,,on openelec does the wifi and ethernet work without a problem and the remote as well..

Comment

im fine with openelec,,just want to make sure it is ok to install as ive shown on my pcb board..iam helping a friend it is his box,dont want to brick his box,,i use openelec on my nuc ,,so whats best try sd card install first then nand install if it workks??thanks again mate,,on openelec does the wifi and ethernet work without a problem and the remote as well..
            To be safe I would ask over at the thread I posted above, as I'm no expert. If you know the board number then quote that and there's a good chance someone over there has tried OE on it and will be able to tell you if it works with wifi etc. There are two MXQ versions, one works with one remote and one with the other although it is possible to change a file to add remote compatibility although I'm not sure how to do that. You can always try the two different versions from SD and if one works better just check over at the developer thread and ask if it's safe to do a full install to Nand.I think it's safe but worth checking.

Comment

i have posted a photo of the whole board !! post no. 118 have a look!thanks

Comment

i have posted a photo of the whole board !! post no. 118 have a look!thanks
                Just post a link to that post at the developers thread and ask if it works! Looks like your board is a HD18Q which is supported, you'll need to use that version although the MXQ version will probably work but perhaps without remote functionality.

Comment

Originally posted by jjbull View Post
                  Am-mxq-a
                  Board loads fine with most roms remote and wifi is issue wifi picks up an IP address but doesn't actually have any connection

Did you find a suitable ROM for this board ( AM-MXQ-A ) ?

I have tried about 10 different ROMS and can not get Wifi or Remote to work with any of them.

Any suggestions? . I have also searched and can find very little info regarding this board.

Comment

Changelog: fixed not being able to boot from SD card after installing OE on NAND fixed kernel log showing for a moment before OE splash added u-boot-tools with patches to make it possible to chang...

Comment

Originally posted by NoSkillz View Post

Did you find a suitable ROM for this board ( AM-MXQ-A ) ?

I have tried about 10 different ROMS and can not get Wifi or Remote to work with any of them.

Any suggestions? . I have also searched and can find very little info regarding this board.
                      First plz tell what follows the am_mxq_a .....
                      Mine is am_mxq_a 20150825
                      I'm using Kszaq s latest build like patrickjb mentioned
                      And for me Wi-Fi and lan and remote works fine.

Comment

Lo anybody got the original firmware for MXQ v.03 board plz?

Comment

Originally posted by Mudda_funkA View Post
                          Lo anybody got the original firmware for MXQ v.03 board plz?
                          You may get more help if you posted:

1) Details as per post 1 (there is a template)
                          2) Board pictures
                          3) The exact markings on the board itself (or even a picture of them)

Or say what post in this thread already shows the above info for your exact board if you have already filled in the form from post 1.

I'm guessing that the original firmware would be nearly impossible to get...unless someone did a twrp backup and is willing/able to share. As I have already stated, I have backups of my boxes, but can't upload due to a slow upload connection.

Good luck!

Comment

Hi All.
                            So I bought myself my first android tv box and decided on the MXQ S805 (V3_1 according to the board). Tried updating the firmware from http://chinagadgetsreviews.com/downl...xq-tv-box.html using the image file and amlogic bootcardmaker following this guide http://chinagadgetsreviews.blogspot....c-devices.html. Somewhere along the way i messed something up and now only have a red light on the box. I have a usb a to usb a male lead and have connected to my computer and after trying holding the reset button while plugging in under device managed on a windows 10 pc I have a device showing up as M8-CHIP but no drivers. Using usb burning tool I'm unable to do anything as my computer fails to load drivers. Any help as to where to go to next?
                            You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 3 photos.
                            All Black MXQ
                            Working OpenELEC -
                            OpenELEC-Amlogic.m201d.arm-6.95.2.2-devel-20160419155042-r22630-g8a99467.img.xz On SD
                            Working Android img - cyx_MXQ_8189etv_8g1g_kodi_addons_160126_SD升级.rar
                            Board Number: MXQ S805 V3_1 20151230

Comment

I read all,but can not see which one is original and which one is clone?

Sent from my SHIELD Android TV using Tapatalk

Free 100Gb space for your files:
                              https://degoo.com/g/Ov7nAz0

Comment

I was watching kodi and my MXQ box just went black. In the pic is the errors I get trying to reset to factory or update. Nothing will work but I can get to this screen and that's it. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
                                You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 3 photos.

Comment

Working...
                                X