Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MK808B Plus Amlogic M805 112K4 Root method

Hello everybody !

I recently updated my MK808B Plus Amlogic M805 (bought on gearbest) to the 112K4 last firmware. This new firmware is not rooted.
    The previous one called 111k4 came with integrated root, so now, i'm disappointed.

Is there any root method for the 112K4 firmware ?

Thanx in advance.

Originally posted by Kayoo80 View Post
    Hello everybody !

I recently updated my MK808B Plus Amlogic M805 (bought on gearbest) to the 112K4 last firmware. This new firmware is not rooted.
    The previous one called 111k4 came with integrated root, so now, i'm disappointed.

Is there any root method for the 112K4 firmware ?

Thanx in advance.
    I suggest you to install directly superceleron 1.4b rom.
    Download twrp recovery and put it in microsd root then turn off device, press reset button and then reconnet the power supply. The recovery will boot and there you will able to install this optimized firmware.
    If you don't like the black launcher simply overwrite mediaboxlauncher112.apk with the old colored launcher(extract it from an original rom:rename rom in zip format and unzip to see the folders! Take old medialauncher apk in system/app and install it with filemanager)

Comment

Thank you very much ! I will try it

Comment

Hi Kazar, Where can I find the original superceleron ROM? I can only find the 1.4b.
        Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by minonano View Post
          Hi Kazar, Where can I find the original superceleron ROM? I can only find the 1.4b.
          Thanks
          Superceleron rom 1.4b http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...23-and-mxq-s85

Do you mean stock colored launcher? Simply download any stock rom and extract the old launcher (if you don't like superceleron black theme)
          112k4 stock rom,compatible also with wifi module ap6212, is here:http://www.mediafire.com/download/65...807_sdcard.rar
          Password: geekbuying.com

Comment

Got it thanks

Comment

I don't know how to install or to use a recovery app... such as twrp recovery.
              How can i find it ? How to install it ? How tu use it ?

Thanks, i'm a complete newbie !

Comment

I don't know how to install or to use a recovery app... such as twrp recovery.
                How can i find it ? How to install it ? How tu use it ?

Thanks, i'm a complete newbie !
                You can find it in this website or i suppose you can directly unzip superceleron rom(because overwrite stock recovery to install modded rom) and copy only recovery.img (put it in the root of sdcard).
                Now i have no time to upload it.

-It really simple to use it:
                Copy in the root of microsd the superceleron rom.zip+ recovery.img
                Then shutdown the device with the microsd card inserted. Press reset button with something(it's the second upper hole next to the blu led in the cover),keep it pressed and insert powercable to turnon the stick. When the recovery will boot,you can leave the reset button and with the mouse/keyboard go to install menu..there you need only to insert the path where is located the rom.zip ( / -> external sd or something like) and install it. When process end click on reboot. The end!
                N.b. superceleron is a fullrom and will delete all files in the main partition (not microsd)
                Last edited by Kazar; 01-25-2016, 20:31.

Comment

Thanks Kazaar!

I tried your method to flash my stick with celeron 1.4b and it is ok! It rocks: fast and furious ;-)

I just have two problems :
                  - first, my Ethernet adaptater is no more working... It is plugged in the miniusb org port and it says that I have to plug it...
                  - I can't install mediaboxlauncher112k4.apk as you described because it says it's already installed with another signature. I don't know how to uninstall this one.

Thank you very much for your help!

Comment

Thanks Kazaar!

I tried your method to flash my stick with celeron 1.4b and it is ok! It rocks: fast and furious ;-)

I just have two problems :
                    - first, my Ethernet adaptater is no more working... It is plugged in the miniusb org port and it says that I have to plug it...
                    - I can't install mediaboxlauncher112k4.apk as you described because it says it's already installed with another signature. I don't know how to uninstall this one.

Thank you very much for your help!
                    -for ethernet adapter you should install the driver into the superceleron rom (ask at superceleron for support) or just unzip your working rom with ethernet suppport and look where is the driver (i suppose system/lib but i'm new in android modding) and extract it(should be also possible to install it by adb command)

-for the launcher: you need to fix launcher rights, you can do this by pc or directly from android.
                    In android need only 2 apps: es-file manager(included in the rom) + zipsigner (play market)
                    1)run es-file manager and Rename the apk in zip format (medialauncher112.apk to zip)
                    2)unizip it
                    3)delete meta-inf folder
                    4)zip it
                    5) rename it in apk format
                    6)use zipsigner to obtain a launcher signed
                    7)install the launcher-signed.apk

Comment

i just flash mine with 112k4 firmware and SuperSu is installed.. so is rooted.. where i can find non-root rom for mk808b plus?
                      Last edited by Ultralord; 02-03-2016, 11:25.

Comment

Originally posted by Ultralord View Post
                        i just flash mine with 112k4 firmware and SuperSu is installed.. so is rooted.. where i can find non-root rom for mk808b plus?
                        Why you need a no rooted rom? Anyway you should able to uninstall it from your rom via supersu/option or via market with root uninstaller

Comment

i want to use it with some apps only like novago/otetvgo and if the devices is rooted doesnt run is from greek sattelite tv

edit: and if i remove it from the supersu menu etc its also blocked.. only rom with no root inside is ok.. :/

Comment

Originally posted by Ultralord View Post
                            i want to use it with some apps only like novago/otetvgo and if the devices is rooted doesnt run is from greek sattelite tv

edit: and if i remove it from the supersu menu etc its also blocked.. only rom with no root inside is ok.. :/
                            Try some hide root applications. (Never tested but i know that not all work with all apks)

Comment

no is tested doesnt work any of them.. many restrictions from these apps.. do you know any rom without root?

Comment

Working...
                              X