Retroarch addon for Openelec on MK808B+ and MXQ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by niabi View Post

you can select the audio device in the kodi settings for the retroarch addon
    It's ok, I've sorted it. Turns out EmulationStation was pointing to the wrong config.

Comment

Woooow! I stopped checking this thread for a month or so and am glad to see so much development that has happened. I will check this option of EmulationStation frontend when I have time this week.

Meanwhile, I will release shortly a new version of retroarch addon with updated executable and cores from latest Lakka compilations plus a few other cores which were verified by users as working with S805/S905(X) HW (not from Lakka).

Comment

Originally posted by JoKeRz View Post
        Woooow! I stopped checking this thread for a month or so and am glad to see so much development that has happened. I will check this option of EmulationStation frontend when I have time this week.

Meanwhile, I will release shortly a new version of retroarch addon with updated executable and cores from latest Lakka compilations plus a few other cores which were verified by users as working with S805/S905(X) HW (not from Lakka).
        Nice looking forward to it!

Last edited by niabi; 02-09-2017, 18:22. Reason: unrelated question

Comment

Can't wait for this. Thanks man!

Comment

New version of RetroArch addon released:

Version 7.0.2-j08
            • Updated RetroArch binary and libretro cores from latest nighty compilations from Lakka project (2016-12-21). This adds glupen64 as a new core.
            • Added an extra core reported as working by users: imame4all.
            • Small fixes to very simple launcher: list of roms ordered alphabetically, better error handling when folder is inexistent, shows icon for cores

It is available on both my repositories for S805 and S905 as well as a direct download as zip file from here..

For the Simple Launcher to show icons for the cores, you need to add a png or jpeg image file with same name of core under /storage/.kodi/addons/emulator.tools.retroarch/lib/libretro. For example, an icon for picodrive should be named picodrive_libretro.png or picodrive_libretro.jpg.

Comment

@scottmu64 & @niabi

Looking for some help to see what is wrong with this package.

What I am trying to do is create a package that can be installed by running a few commands.

Here is the link to the package:

https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...2o1MTlNZW16dE0

The goal is to host the fully working version somewhere and all people will have to do to install it is SSH into the box and run these commands:

Code:
              cd /storage
              curl -LO https://HOST_URL/emulationstation.tgz
              tar xopf emulationstation.tgz
              rm -f emulationstation.tgz
              reboot
              The package is 99% there. The only issue is EmulationStation won't launch games. I think I may of made a mistake somewhere with the config.

At some point will create a EmulationStation launcher addon, but for now adding this link to the Kodi skin will launch EmulationStation.

Code:
              System.Exec(""/storage/.emulationstation/emulationstation.sh"")

Comment

Never mind got it sorted for 905/X devices: http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...oarch-libretro

Comment

Hi, Trying to get EmulationStation to run on Kszaq's latest LibreELEC image (8.0.1b) but I am getting this error every time I try to launch: Code:
                  LibreELEC:~/emulationstation # ./emulationstation ConfigPath /storage/.config/emulationstation *** ERROR SETTING VSCREEN ./emulationstation: symbol lookup error: /storage/.kodi/addons/emulator.tools.32bitlibs/lib/libfreeimage.so.3: undefined symbol: png_init_filter_functions_neon
                  So I replaced the 'libfreeimage.so.3' file and got this:

Code:
                  LibreELEC:~/emulationstation # ./emulationstation ConfigPath /storage/.config/emulationstation *** ERROR SETTING VSCREEN Illegal instruction (core dumped)
                  So I used gdb to try and analyse the core dump file and it returned this:

Code:
                  [New LWP 2219] [New LWP 2220] [New LWP 2221] [Thread debugging using libthread_db enabled] Using host libthread_db library "/usr/lib/libthread_db.so.1". Core was generated by `./emulationstation'. Program terminated with signal SIGILL, Illegal instruction. #0 0xb6be61ac in png_realloc_array () from /storage/.kodi/addons/emulator.tools.32bitlibs/lib/libfreeimage.so.3 [Current thread is 1 (Thread 0xb6fbfea0 (LWP 2219))] (gdb) bt #0 0xb6be61ac in png_realloc_array () from /storage/.kodi/addons/emulator.tools.32bitlibs/lib/libfreeimage.so.3 #1 0xb6ad6154 in png_set_text_2 () from /storage/.kodi/addons/emulator.tools.32bitlibs/lib/libfreeimage.so.3 Backtrace stopped: previous frame identical to this frame (corrupt stack?)
                  I'm going mad trying to sort this out and get to the bottom of the issue but I'm totally stumped. Can anybody make sense of this?? Thankyou

Comment

Finally I found the time to update the Retroarch addon. I apologize for the delay.

Version 7.0.2-j10 is in the JoKeRzBoX S805 repository and also available as a direct download here.

Change Log:
                    • Updated Retroarch binary, libretro cores and assets from latest Lakka libreelec package 2.1-rc2. On this version there are many more supported emulation cores.
                    • Modified the default value for "Audio Device" in the addon settings to be "hw:0,0" as this seems to be the default with recent LE 8.x builds. The actual value used can still be set in the addon settings for any of the following: "hw:0,0", "hw:0,1", "hw:0,2" and "hw:0,3".
                    • Removed old libs and less important asset files (wallpapers and icons) to reduce overall size of the addon package
                    Please report any problems.

Cheers!

Comment

So the addon and retroarch at least run for me on an S812, unfortunately, it randomly will crash and also crashes on attempting to launch a rom. Is there somewhere I can locate logs and error messages to track down why?

My device is the S812 M8S bcm4335. I'm running my own slightly tweaked build forked from 150balbes' repo, installed to the emmc.

https://forum.libreelec.tv/thread/15...5601#post55601
                      Last edited by ilikenwf; 07-10-2017, 05:46.

Comment

Finally I found the time to update the Retroarch addon. I apologize for the delay.

Version 7.0.2-j10 is in the JoKeRzBoX S805 repository and also available as a direct download here.

Change Log:
                        • Updated Retroarch binary, libretro cores and assets from latest Lakka libreelec package 2.1-rc2. On this version there are many more supported emulation cores.
                        • Modified the default value for "Audio Device" in the addon settings to be "hw:0,0" as this seems to be the default with recent LE 8.x builds. The actual value used can still be set in the addon settings for any of the following: "hw:0,0", "hw:0,1", "hw:0,2" and "hw:0,3".
                        • Removed old libs and less important asset files (wallpapers and icons) to reduce overall size of the addon package

Please report any problems.

Cheers!

Thanks, it works also on a S912!

I posted bug/details here:
                        http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-support/amlogic-based-tv-players/s905/others-ac/609242-libreelec-run-retroarch-on-your-s905-s905x-device/page9

Comment

Hello guys,

I hope you can help me: I am using a S905X box with libreelec and Kodi leia (installed on NAND). This works very well but now I want to use game emulators for N64 and PSX. After doing a lot of research, I found this thread. But there is not a single guide which is for my hardware/software constellation and which is easy to follow.

I can install retroarch from JoKeRz as an addon. After that I have a 'retroarch' shortcut in kodi which only restarts kodi if I press it. Nothing else happens.

Comment

Working...
                          X