Retroarch addon for Openelec on MK808B+ and MXQ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nigelg View Post
    Which version of OpenELEC and Retroarch are you using now?

I think I'll just monitor this thread and see how things progress.
    I am using the new compile that Kszaq did for the new Jarvis release...it has been working very good. psp emulation works! I was able to get tekken 6 up and running I need to tweak the core to see if I can get more speed with some different settings.

Comment

With Kszaq's new retroarch build you get a completely working FBA v0.2.97.30 emulator

Here is a complete working romset for it :

Emuparadise Forums is an open forum dedicated to emulation and games. Emulators, ROMs, ISOs, Gaming Music files and much more await for you, visit us!

All neogeo roms are playing at full speed ! metal slug 5 working great.

Comment

I found a nice fix for returning to the ROM selection screen when quitting a game.

You can alter your retroarch.start file with the below modifications :

replace this line :

Code:
         systemctl stop kodi
        with this :

Code:
         pgrep kodi.bin | xargs kill -SIGSTOP
        and also replace this line :

Code:
         systemctl start kodi
        with this :

Code:
         pgrep kodi.bin | xargs kill -SIGCONT
        Now Kodi will pause while you play your game. It will resume when you quit retroarch. Rather than restarting Kodi each time you exit retroarch. kszaq Can you implement this to your next build?

Edit : I am getting no audio after re-launching a second rom ...seems like kodi.bin will need to be restarted each time unless there is a more legant way to pause and resume the kodi.bin application while the libretro core is loaded and running.
        Last edited by sammaz; 03-31-2016, 04:53.

Comment

Originally posted by kszaq View Post
          Yes, ppsspp core is included in Lakka for Odroid-C1 so I think it should be working on our devices. You can extract the core from my Jarvis build below. Maybe this build will even work on Isengard?

Here's a test verion of addon for Jarvis: http://s805.eu/test/retroarch-s805/
          I don't support it or claim anything to work, it's for you guys to test, I have no time to play with it.
          Isengard dependencies not met. I am running Jarvis 6.91.1. I have installed this test version and when I launch it, nothing happens. It seems to be the same case for me with rom collection browser, when I try to launch a game either nothing happens, or Kodi reboots. Has it got something to do with my MXQ box maybe permissions, things seem fine on MK808b+ with none of these issues. Whenever I use TWRP recovery, it always asks me if I want to install root, but I always choose no as I always thought this was only for Android. Maybe I am totally on the wrong track, I have no idea.

H MAn

Comment

I dont have a MXQ to test on but I have been having tons of fun using the fba_libretro.so core. I got the complete FBA V0.2.97.37 romset with all of the cabinet+screenshot+titles+flyers artwork loading from RCB. It looks so nice! all of the roms run at full speed and it covers the classics like pacman ect. also.

It took a few days of searching to get all of the artwork, and to figure out how to use the offline mame scraper to pull all of the data in. Let me know if you want me to put the whole collection up for you.

For all other consoles I am using the IARL app (just the "Best of" xml's) (each added as a favorite in kodi with a unique icon)...This way I dont have to have all of the roms on my mk808b plus stick...just the FBA ones are being loaded from RCB since IARL is currently serving the mame .154 romset and our retroarch FBA core uses different romsets.
            Last edited by sammaz; 04-01-2016, 01:36.

Comment

Anyone have the linked retroarch.cfg file? The link is down.

Comment

Originally posted by Atreus View Post
                Anyone have the linked retroarch.cfg file? The link is down.
                https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bxd...04Y0VtcWM/view
                Atreus

link fixed thanks for the heads up!

btw this should just be used as a guide. You can use the retroarch gui to change any of these settings...just press F1 on a usb keyboard while any rom is playing. You will see a menu..."Z" and "X" keys are used for forward\back in those menus. Settings will be writted to retroarch.cfg each time you exit.

Comment

Thanks!

Not sure what I did but I can no longer access the menu with F1. I loaded your config again and still same thing....

::Edit:: Was able to change it in the config to use the d key. Not sure why but none of the F keys work with it after the first run.
                  Last edited by Atreus; 04-11-2016, 03:30.

Comment

anyone have any idea how to change to 720p on this please?

Comment

I have a treat for everyone using Retroarch on their MK808b plus sticks :

Mame .37b5 working core for Retroarch :

And below is the full comlete (2Gb) Mame .37b5 romset clrmamed and verified!

https://mega.co.nz/#!UUMylS5L!G9qSfH0i92...-3Eu8JrU2s
                      https://mega.co.nz/#!gRNylJKQ!iLF7eM40e9...GrG5YNcwOg

Password: Jackhammer

All roms play at full 100% speed including mortal komat 1,2,3 NBA Jam ect...

Final Burn Alpha v0.2.97.38 working core for Retroarch :

And here is the full comlete Final Burn Alpha v0.2.97.38 romset.

Retrogaming, émulateurs et téléchargement de ROMs. Les jeux vidéo ont aussi leur histoire !

--Between those 2 emulators (Mame and Final Burn Alpha) you will have any arcade game running at full speed. (They use completely different roms though so you can not share roms between them.)
                      --Retroarch got an update yesterday http://www.libretro.com/ looks really nice...It would be cool to use their new interface to launch all roms\cores.
                      Last edited by sammaz; 06-03-2016, 21:34.

Comment

Originally posted by zippy165141 View Post
                        anyone have any idea how to change to 720p on this please?
                        In you Retroarch.cfg file :

Try changing these lines :

custom_viewport_width = "1440"
                        custom_viewport_height = "1080"

Change to :

custom_viewport_width = "1280"
                        custom_viewport_height = "720"

Save and restart then relaunch and let me know if that helps.

Comment

Hi, I see kszaq has moved his downloads from s805 to sx05. Does anyone know if he still has a download for RetroArch, or do we get it from somewhere else? The last version I had was 7.0.1. Is there a newer version?

What controllers work best with RetroArch? I only have original WiiMote which does not seem to be supported, so may consider buying a well supported Bluetooth controller.

Comment

Originally posted by nigelg View Post
                            Hi, I see kszaq has moved his downloads from s805 to sx05. Does anyone know if he still has a download for RetroArch, or do we get it from somewhere else? The last version I had was 7.0.1. Is there a newer version?

What controllers work best with RetroArch? I only have original WiiMote which does not seem to be supported, so may consider buying a well supported Bluetooth controller.

His latest Retroarch binaries are there.

I am using a standard black Playstation 4 controler and it works great. I would recommend it for sure. http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00BGA9X9W/...ing=UTF8&psc=1

Comment

I got some heatsinks and my MK808B Plus does not throttle down anymore. N64 and PSX emulation are great now. If you are running retroarch on an MK808B stick I would recommend doing this :

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n573897[/ATTACH]

I ordered these :

http://www.amazon.com/Addicore-Raspb...ilpage_o00_s00
                              You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

hey sammaz i just saw this. thanks for getting kszaq to get retroarch working for our mk808b plus's

just an fyi for ur mame and fba google drive links are dead can u reupload them so i may get them? plz and thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X