Linux for Amlogic S805

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by notadrummer View Post

Still on Marshmallow. The box was very slow with Lollipop so i went back. The box is slow in general and i haven't used it for a long time. I thought i could give it a new life with armbian and join my raspberry pis on my network. I've googled the hell out of armbian and minix x6, but seems like there is now interest for this particular box. Also, i have no UART access. Also tried Librelec but, like you, i had no luck. I know it does something because i does delete the armbian_first_run.txt, however i get nothing on screen and i can't ping the machine. I have no idea where it fails and what are the error messages. I'm also not sure if balbes150 still has the time to try and figure this out.
    Im on marshmallow. Never update do lollipop beta.
    i think this box is eof...

Comment

Hi,

Hope someone can point me in the right direction,

I downloaded the Armbian_5.44_S805_Ubuntu_bionic_3.10.108_server_20 180521.img image and booted successfully from an sd card and executed /root/install.sh as the root user, but when I remove the sd card and reboot, the s805 boots into busybox.

Have anyone successfully installed it onto their system without the need to have the sd card in the whole time?

Comment

Originally posted by Johan1985 View Post
        Hi,

Hope someone can point me in the right direction,

I downloaded the Armbian_5.44_S805_Ubuntu_bionic_3.10.108_server_20 180521.img image and booted successfully from an sd card and executed /root/install.sh as the root user, but when I remove the sd card and reboot, the s805 boots into busybox.

Have anyone successfully installed it onto their system without the need to have the sd card in the whole time?
        can you share link and instruction to downlaod and boot from sd card?
        thanks

Comment

Originally posted by IMartins View Post

can you share link and instruction to downlaod and boot from sd card?
          thanks
          Hi,

all the info is on http://mxqproject.com/

I have a Amlogic s805 box, info and links can be found here:

Comment

Originally posted by Johan1985 View Post

Hi,

all the info is on http://mxqproject.com/

I have a Amlogic s805 box, info and links can be found here:
            http://mxqproject.com/tutorial-s805-...-mxq-s805-box/
            thanks for reply.

this is for mxq, i have minix x6.

do you have boot armbian on minix x6?

Comment

My S805 1/8GB runs very well on LibreELEC-S805.arm-8.2-8.2.3.1-HD18Q though.

Comment

Originally posted by edragon View Post
                My S805 1/8GB runs very well on LibreELEC-S805.arm-8.2-8.2.3.1-HD18Q though.
                Minix x6?

Comment

Originally posted by IMartins View Post

Minix x6?
                  No. It is a 2015 MXQ tv box "Leelbox" originally with Android 4.4.

Comment

is there a google app like zcup that tells you the system board? really dont want to have to dismantle it again...
                    the linux site Yandex.disk has sooo many distro's versions - how to know which is the correct on?

hoping to get linux on a MXQ S805; never got wifi working on it - hoping linux fixes that and i can setup as a Plex server

thank you!

Comment

You can try any version, start with the latest. If WiFi does not work on standard firmware - it is very unlikely that It will work on Linux.

Comment

Hi everyone, i'm new at this community and very interested in this project to add support to this device.

i have an S805 like but i am not sure that it works with armbian.

The device comes with that firmware:

FIRMWARE

And this is the device: SPECS

Many thanks for the support.

Comment

What prevents you from trying to run Armbian ?
                          Originally posted by astrid View Post
                          Hi everyone, i'm new at this community and very interested in this project to add support to this device.

i have an S805 like but i am not sure that it works with armbian.

The device comes with that firmware:

FIRMWARE

And this is the device: SPECS

Many thanks for the support.

Comment

Originally posted by balbes150 View Post

The problem was the dtb.img file. I extracted from the rom and works well.

This is the dtb.img if you want to include to the others:

The distro works well with this device but the Wi-Fi fails in the first time, it could be because the device does not have Ethernet port.

Regads.
                            >$trid

Comment

Kernel 3 is no longer supported, the main kernel is now used. Support for HDMI should be available soon.

Comment

Originally posted by balbes150 View Post
                                Kernel 3 is no longer supported, the main kernel is now used. Support for HDMI should be available soon.
                                I thought only the 3.10 kernel could be used because it had to match the Android version.

Many thanks for the hard work.

Comment

Working...
                                X