No announcement yet.

Linux for Amlogic S805

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What video settings have you tried to change ? I have change the output from 720 to 1080 works.

Comment

Thanks, latest release is a really good image

Comment

I've tried to modify the vega script you added, which was taken from the /etc/c1_droid.sh (or something like that). It may be an issue with the video driver though (and because I'm using a HDMI to VGA converter).

Comment

Originally posted by yushir View Post
          I've tried to modify the vega script you added, which was taken from the /etc/c1_droid.sh (or something like that). It may be an issue with the video driver though (and because I'm using a HDMI to VGA converter).
          There are differences in hardware, so not all might work from You.

Comment

Update image (ver 20170119)

Comment

Originally posted by balbes150 View Post
              Update image (ver 20170119)
              Hi Balbes.

Great work, I am now able to successfully boot into Linux, although no WiFi is detected. Keep up the good work.

I have also PM'd you regarding another matter I was wondering if you could give me some help with.

Thank you.

Comment

Image update 5.27 (20170324). Significantly upgraded the kernel. Added support wired network and WiFi. Fixed shutdown function.

Comment

Image update 5.27 (20170324). Significantly upgraded the kernel. Added support wired network and WiFi. Fixed shutdown function.
                  Great, looking forward to trying it out

Comment

Can't seam to get this version to boot - Used usual DTB file and your script, same as the previous version - Is their a differant procedure to this one - Many thanks

Comment

Try to use a dtb file from the image (from a catalog of dtb on the media). This kernel structure has changed, so may not work with old dtb files.

Comment

Try to use a dtb file from the image (from a catalog of dtb on the media). This kernel structure has changed, so may not work with old dtb files.
                        I must be doing something wrong - Iv tried all the DTB files from the folders provided and wont boot - Ill keep trying

Comment

Write more , what steps is performed, what the result of these steps, what media I use.

Comment

Write more , what steps is performed, what the result of these steps, what media I use.
                            I burn the IMG to an SD card using win32disc

I open up the SD card once burned and remove the 3 x DTB folders

I place a DTB file from the folders above onto the SD card 'previously used libre's HD18Q, DTB file'

I place SD card into mxq and then use a toothpick and apply power

Screen boots MXQ splash screen repeatedly and then stops and nothing happens

Comment

You need not remove directories, copy from the directory file "/dtb/meson8b_m201_1G.dtb" to the root of the name "dtb.img". If this dtb file the system does not start, have to take turns to try other files in this directory. Pay attention, you need to use the dtb , the files that are part of the image Armbian (dtb directory on the media where the recorded Armbian). Most likely, the files LE are not suitable for the new version Armbian.

Comment

You need not remove directories, copy from the directory file "/dtb/meson8b_m201_1G.dtb" to the root of the name "dtb.img". If this dtb file the system does not start, have to take turns to try other files in this directory. Pay attention, you need to use the dtb , the files that are part of the image Armbian (dtb directory on the media where the recorded Armbian). Most likely, the files LE are not suitable for the new version Armbian.
                                Ok, so iv used the provided dtb files

I renamed each file to 'dtb.img' - Is this correct ?

Iv then used the dtb.img file on the root of the SD card

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X