Linux for Amlogic S805

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by balbes150 View Post

Try this one dtb (it's assembled from your source file).

https://yadi.sk/d/YGxijjfQ3MAQrz
    I tested with dtb that you make but do the same thing as others dtbs . After the amlogic boot logo , the display go off.

I know that you use the amlogic 3.10.33 kernel with modules the same as mxq-jessie-desktop-150616.img.gz . With that kernel the boot process is the same . After default logo , the box or the display goes off .

So I think ... If lakka (Lakka-S805.HD18Q.arm-2.0.tar) works fine . Its not a full linux version . But the kernel is in there. So I search the kernel and patch with the lakka S805 project.

kernel https://github.com/kszaq/linux/ 3.10.y with patch and .config from : https://github.com/libretro/Lakka-Li...projects/S805/

The test result was :

Boot shows amlogic logo , box - blue led , then do the script reset , box - red led , then no logo but Display active , then the screen restart and name the hdmi device as "M8 MBOX SKTv1" and 720 resolution like the hdmi.sh file last one you include , If I change in the file to 1080i-32 the display also change . But nothing more , I wait 10 min , scan for ip address , but nothing , only stays with the display active. Also changes the dtbs but with or whitout dtb make the same boot .

Becasue I can't make work your Armbian img I dont know what is the right boot process. Anyone have not posted a youtube video or something.

I dont know too much about arm devices booting process stuff... but trying to use the logic , and maybe find the solution. Why if lakka works , full linux cant work??

Thanks for the dtb!

Comment

Most likely the reason for the bad works of the SD card and card reader in the TV box. Try to use other SD card. For LE\Lakka work quality SD card minimum (they use a simplified mode of operation with external drives and you can use any SD card). In a Linux system works from the media, so the requirements to its quality is much higher. Any failure on the map stops the normal operation (system startup). To analyze this behavior need the console UART (it is immediately obvious, what happens when you run).

Comment

Most likely the reason for the bad works of the SD card and card reader in the TV box. Try to use other SD card. For LE\Lakka work quality SD card minimum (they use a simplified mode of operation with external drives and you can use any SD card). In a Linux system works from the media, so the requirements to its quality is much higher. Any failure on the map stops the normal operation (system startup). To analyze this behavior need the console UART (it is immediately obvious, what happens when you run).
        ok, so if I boot from the sdcard but the redirect the filesystem to USB HD . Will not have errors ?? or...

I ask to much because I don't have the UART thing to see the error..

Comment

Originally posted by Titot View Post

ok, so if I boot from the sdcard but the redirect the filesystem to USB HD . Will not have errors ?? or...

I ask to much because I don't have the UART thing to see the error..
          I have not tested the potential of the combined use of start with SD +USB. Maybe it'll work. Need to check.

Comment

I have not tested the potential of the combined use of start with SD +USB. Maybe it'll work. Need to check.
            Tested 3.10.33 kernel boot from SD and ROOTFS on USB HD . Default boot logo and poweroff . The same as SD card only does. So the problem its not in the type of SD , because don't pass the first part of the boot process.

So maybe the problem its other thing:
            - kernel config not match with this box ??

The initial boot process should be simpler than the full system start.
            So things that fail should be few??

The 3.10.107 (compile) kernel past the first stage on SD or SD+USB. but stays on second stage when read the rootfs part.

Comment

Finaly I can boot your armbian ubuntu server image . But with the method used by mxqproject ( mxq-jessie-desktop-150616.img.gz ) on the boot fat patition sd card ( all on SD ). Boot fast , ask for password name ... and works BUT no ethernet , no wifi because 3.10.80-131 kernel don't have it.

So back to the same!!!

Comment

Tested 3.10.33 kernel boot from SD and ROOTFS on USB HD . Default boot logo and poweroff . The same as SD card only does. So the problem its not in the type of SD , because don't pass the first part of the boot process.

So maybe the problem its other thing:
                - kernel config not match with this box ??

The initial boot process should be simpler than the full system start.
                So things that fail should be few??

The 3.10.107 (compile) kernel past the first stage on SD or SD+USB. but stays on second stage when read the rootfs part.
                1. Without an accurate log of the UART it is impossible to say, running a combined download with SD+USB. In addition, for this version of the run need to modify the script and run settings in s805_autoscript. Did you do it ? You have the UART logs from system startup ?
                2. I doubt that the reason in the kernel configuration. On other devices with s805 this configuration works. Most likely the cause is either not correct dtb or does not work correctly SD card. By the way, the temporary shutdown of the monitor at the start - this is normal (after 5-7 minutes the image should appear).
                3. At start - resets all settings (turn off monitor) to activate monitor you need to run a special script that sets the operating parameters of the display and activates it in the nucleus. Without it, none of the images will not.

Comment

Collected for testing (using a single system multi-boot) images of the LE for several versions of TV boxes. The presence of these images with the LE, will run from the external media Linux LE (without having to change the multiboot). All images have all the necessary files to activate the multi-boot via the standard update mechanism (Update&Backup). You can use different combinations of use.

1. installation in NAND LE + run from SD card Linux
                  2. Install Linux in NAND + run from SD card LE
                  3. Write in NAND Android + run with a Linux SD card or a LE.

Посмотреть и скачать с Яндекс Диска

Comment

1. Without an accurate log of the UART it is impossible to say, running a combined download with SD+USB. In addition, for this version of the run need to modify the script and run settings in s805_autoscript. Did you do it ? You have the UART logs from system startup ?
                    2. I doubt that the reason in the kernel configuration. On other devices with s805 this configuration works. Most likely the cause is either not correct dtb or does not work correctly SD card. By the way, the temporary shutdown of the monitor at the start - this is normal (after 5-7 minutes the image should appear).
                    3. At start - resets all settings (turn off monitor) to activate monitor you need to run a special script that sets the operating parameters of the display and activates it in the nucleus. Without it, none of the images will not.
                    I don't have UART device for see the startup error ( that's why I am try to be descriptive). Yes I make the changes on the 805_autoscript .

I think its the dtb . Here is the testing results :

meson8b_hd180.dtb - box stays on , like freeze
                    meson8b_i5_console.dtb - box poweroff
                    meson8b_i5.dtb - box stays on , like freeze
                    meson8b_m100_1G.dtb - box poweroff
                    meson8b_m101_512M.dtb - box poweroff
                    meson8b_m102_1G.dtb - box poweroff
                    meson8b_m200_1G.dtb - box poweroff
                    meson8b_m201_1G.dtb - box poweroff
                    meson8b_m201_1G_old.dtb - box poweroff
                    meson8b_m201C_512M.dtb - box poweroff
                    meson8b_m201C_512M_old.dtb - box poweroff
                    meson8b_m202_512M.dtb - box poweroff
                    meson8b_m203a.dtb - box poweroff
                    meson8b_m203b.dtb - box poweroff
                    meson8b_mk808.dtb - box stays on , like freeze
                    meson8b_mxq.dtb - box stays on , like freeze
                    meson8b_mxv.dtb - box stays on , like freeze

In my box things works like this , box is connected red led shows , then when press power button blue led , ethernet and spdif led red on . When poweroff , red led and nothing more active , I can press button again to start . The "like freeze" its blue led , ethernet and spdif led also active but stays for ever.... have to remove power.

All the dtbs that freeze . Have the same reaction as my box MXV dtb but when I make diff comparative they are more similar between then and have a lot of difference with mxv dtb.

What could be make with dtb to work ?

I know you make the project with 3.10.33 kernel , but why that other kernel use dtb and works for MXV model "not for full linux distro" but like... ?

Do you think is hope for this MXV box ?

Comment

1. Not seeing what is happening at startup - you will be a very long time to find the cause (if they can find her).
                      2. Have you tried to use other SD cards ?
                      3. Have you tried to run images of the LE (with built-in universal multi-boot), which I uploaded on the site ?
                      4. I understand that you have run on this SD card images from the LE and Lakka (which uses the FAT file system, which does not control the state of the media) ?
                      Last edited by balbes150; 08-26-2017, 10:03.

Comment

1. Not seeing what is happening at startup - you will be a very long time to find the cause (if they can find her).
                        2. Have you tried to use other SD cards ?
                        3. Have you tried to run images of the LE (with built-in universal multi-boot), which I uploaded on the site ?
                        4. I understand that you have run on this SD card images from the LE and Lakka (which uses the FAT file system, which does not control the state of the media) ?
                        I find some solution :

I cross-compile this kernel (https://github.com/arco/linux-amlogi...g/3.10-9263fa9)
                        with the config attached(configuration is from linux-vegas805-default.config some change ).

And made all the changes initrd and modules from your last armbian Ubuntu server image. With mxv dtb img.

And....Works!!!

Modules have to activate manual but ethernet work, need to test wifi and Bluetooth and graphical stuff. Some error of Hostname service fail!

How I configure to make work hdmi to dvi adapter ? on raspberry pi I can change the config_hdmi_boost=4 or hdmi_drive=2.

Attached Files

Comment

hdmi to dvi adapter
                          This is an adapter for HDMI to DVI(VGA) ?

Comment

This is an adapter for HDMI to DVI(VGA) ?
                            Like this one:
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	s-l1000.jpg
Views:	794
Size:	51.5 KB
ID:	665878

Comment

The hdmi to dvi adapter work with the lakka and alexelec images. So should work with this boxes but, How?

Other thing , the mxv dtb file you post for my box not poweroff the box . What have to be change?

Comment

Alas, not knowing what's happening at startup, I can't what to advise You.

On those models that I have everything working on the last images (with the available core) with the correct dtb (video output setting in eMMC and NAND).

Comment

Working...
                                X