Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tried Krypton; HATED IT & data was not found, Missing Jarvis & Kitkat very much - pointers, please ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tried Krypton; HATED IT & data was not found, Missing Jarvis & Kitkat very much - pointers, please ??

We loved our old MXQ-S805 & it served us very well too - until the changes came along & it quit finding shows pretty much 100%.
    We tried a newer box with Lollipop & Krypton - it was just too strange, but worst of all all the library stuff we'd saved became useless.
    So we've been watching & re-watching all our DVDs which has been OK - until we'd seen them all !!

Been considering paying for the no-commercial Hulu deal - but have also read about simply getting FTMC with or without adding Real Debrid.

Details found inside the nice, older box: MXQ-S805-BOX V1 2015-06-24

Hoping that some folks here will pitch in their opinions & suggestions, please ??
    We're in the US, have only got internet via cable & wired ethernet & just want to be able to get some older TV shows & movies that we enjoy.

Thanks for any ideas, Folks.

Try libreelec 7 based on Jarvis on the s805 or you can also install libreelec 8 krypton on the s805
    see for more info: https://forum.libreelec.tv/board/38-amlogic/

I have a s805 with libreelec 7 Jarvis and a s802 with libreelec 8 krypton
    I also see allot of not working addon/links on the krypton, where the just work on Jarvis

goodluck

Comment

Thanks for replying helpfully Mitchell4you !!

I did find what appears to be the correct build, here:
      This is an unofficial LibreELEC build aimed at devices based on Amlogic S805 SoC. Kodi Jarvis is now obsolete, these builds are no longer updated (apart from security updates). Important notes: This software exists thanks to lots of hard work put…

Here is why I've never ventured into that realm before:
      "LibreELEC is a 'Just enough OS' Linux distribution for running Kodi."

I very much appreciate this pointer, and do not wish to come across as being too picky-fussy, but:
      Changing the OS in this nice, older box seems a bit extreme to me - and I really prefer Kitkat - and really want to just fix this so we can use it for watching again, somehow MINUS any sort of big adventures ?!?

Yes - there is the whole 'just stick it into an SD card & see if it works OK' idea - great, as long as there could be some way to know if it is working 100% - but it is the concept of then using it in replacing the original OS that does not appeal to me.

Seems to me that it must be simpler/quicker to replace Kodi with something like FTMC - restore the Kodi data - and be good to go - if it works as it says on the tin ??

Thanks Again,

Comment

If you still have the files... it should be recoverable
        use a file manager like "total commander"
        browse to your nand/. Android/data
        locate the word kodi...go in...make backup of "userdate" ( or rename the kodi directory )( or use a addon to backup)
        uninstall kodi...install ftmc...runonce.. goto /.android/data
        find word ftmc...insert (copy/past) userdata/backup overwriting files

note: never used ftmc.. i don't know if kodi krypton and ftmc can be installed on same system (properly not)
        i also don't know what ftmc uses as directory name under .Android/data

goodluck

Comment

Working...
        X