Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

S805_MXQ_V2.1_150516 Need help identifying burnt components after power surge.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

S805_MXQ_V2.1_150516 Need help identifying burnt components after power surge.

Hi all,
    I'm hoping someone can help me by either having a schematic for this S805_MXQ_V2.1_150516 motherboard or maybe have a board that they could possibly read off the particular components?
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 2 photos.

Looks like you need 3 transistors and a diode, If they are all fried. Are you positive they are?

what is the voltages at each solder junction of each component, you can update the pictures by adding the voltage reading, at where you measure.

does anything change, light up, if plugging in power to USB connections. Some areas are isolated, so check each USB port.

my issues were with a bad buck switch ic, and a transistor.

Comment

oh yeah, they're fried.
      the images are from a picture i got off line because it was of better quality then what I was able to take at the time.
      As for the voltages, I'll take a look and post the results. What I can say tho is that there is no life when I attempt to turn it on.

Comment

Originally posted by stu1705 View Post
        oh yeah, they're fried.
        the images are from a picture i got off line because it was of better quality then what I was able to take at the time.
        As for the voltages, I'll take a look and post the results. What I can say tho is that there is no life when I attempt to turn it on.
        Well my Mini M8S Pro-C had isolated sections, even though it's power sections were not as protected as my new H96 Pro+ with double the discreet components.

One section was controlled to turn off LED power and allow sleep power only, while 5v was still active on USB ports and main power supply.

another section is the 1.5v power supply. The whole system will not become active without it.

Most the the transistor sections are switching active ground or 3.3v, 5v and 1.8v to various sections.

The six pin buck switch IC may be of two types. Mine have ground on pin 2. So check continuity, as when they go, they will short out at the switch pin, which goes to the mini transformer and capacitor next to it.

Not familiar with your box mother board, but it may be a wee tricky with all the transistors blown in one area. Usually you have a push pull or Darlington switch circuit for main power. With one transistor going bad, the other will not switch until the bad transistor is replaced.

trouble is pnp transistors usually short base to ground (emitter) while npn will short base to voltage (collector) or they just burn out completely when current is so great from collector to emitter, and won't pass any current.

Comment

Working...
        X