Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ADs about Tronsmart MK808B Plus device to get Updates over Air is false ADs-It does not get it... Funny.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ADs about Tronsmart MK808B Plus device to get Updates over Air is false ADs-It does not get it... Funny.

Hi Guys. I bought lately Tronsmart MK808B Plus device. The main reason why I chosen it--ads from Tronsmart that it can get Over Air Updates.

I will depict here my experience with it how I tried to Update it over their service.
    Funny Over Air Update of Tronsmart MK808B Plus.

Guys when I received my Tronsmart MK808B Plus stick--it had such details:

Model number:
    MK808B Plus

Android version:

Build number:
    110k4

Kernel version:
    Oman@ubuntu #1
    Tue Apr 21 17:56:49 CST 2015

I tried to use from Menu program which called UPDATE&BACKUP and when I pressed on ONLINE UPDATE and tried to check for updates it said such thing:

Check Failed! Check Your OTA Servier Argent

THen I went to Settings of my Android Stick and pressed on About MediaBox--System updates. It said

Your system is up to date.
    Last checked for update at 8:55PM.

I saw in notification area that Updates are available, I pressed on it and it showed this:

At first I was happy, actually it was showing that it is new build--because dates were different from the ones i had in my firmware, like is possible to understand that it was done on : KOT49H.20150421 test-keys.

But what made me not sure--is that size of Update was only 0,18MB whicsh is really small size.
    Anyway I pressed on it iand tried to Update, it did and even showed to me at the end that Update was succeful.

But the most Funny thing was that even though Update is kind of like installed---It still showed in Settings of my device that it has old dates--like it wasnt showing in settings KOT49H.20150421 test-keys--So I started to think--did it install Update or not?????
    Like if it did--then dates had to change.

Then I pressed on About MediaBox-Wireless update and it showed this:

I again installed it--and this time when I pressed on Wireles Update it showed this:

what was Funny is that at first it showed DEtails if Update in Chineese, now in English. Like it would be much more better if it would be showing them in english--in such way I could see which changes my device will get before I apdate--this is one thing.

Another thing--Did it actually Update if it did not change dates--or maybe I will restore my device to Factory DEfault state and it probably wont have this update installed???????????????

Actually If I press here on Check for Updates button--it again will show that new Updates are available and will show this picture again:

So I asking myself--if it installed Updates--then why it shows that New Updates are available????????????

Also if Updates were installed--why it does not check that they were installed and shows this windows that Updates are available?????????

REally Funny service of Updating device.
    Also in Ads of Tronsmart was said this:

OTA
    Bored by the updating instructions, stock firmware, updating tools etc?

Tronsmart offer OTA(over the air update) service for MK808B Plus,

you can always keep it updated, just click the wireless update.

I bought this device not because it is Cool device--I bought it because I wanted to have really Wireless Updates--but what are those Updates if they even cant Update device???????

Also Why should I update device with Flash tools if Actually Ads says that it can get those Updates over Air??????????

Also on nforum of Tronsmart people get no support--like on-one answers and also there is no section on Tronsmart Forum for MK808B Plus device--even though it is released already--funny.

Lately they released on their main web-page info that firmware for Tronsmart MK808B Plus device is available:

http://www.tronsmart.com/download-ce...08b-plus-110k4
    Hi Tronsmart Users,

Download link for Tronsmart MK808B Plus_110K4 firmware:
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/gy...4_20150422.zip
    Tronsmart Team

2015-06-04Tronsmart MK808B Plus

But HEy Guys-- first of all--it could be just Stock Firmware and not the latest one--is on thing, and another thing--why should I update over Flash methods if ADS form Tronsmart was saying that I can use Wireless Update in order to update firmware?????????????????????

Another thing--Tronsmart MK808B Plus device has no Software Power OFF Button at the bottom of the screen area--so how to turn off device? Unplug it from Power Supply? I think it is not right to just unplug it--it can damage file system of device.

Comment

Originally posted by SkyNet View Post
      Another thing--Tronsmart MK808B Plus device has no Software Power OFF Button at the bottom of the screen area--so how to turn off device? Unplug it from Power Supply? I think it is not right to just unplug it--it can damage file system of device.

Any of those Power Off Menu apps will let you power off or reboot etc.
      Some apps have power off option inbuilt. eg. if you have Kodi running, you can use the power off button (on Kodi homescreen) for the same thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Desperado_22 View Post

Any of those Power Off Menu apps will let you power off or reboot etc.
        Some apps have power off option inbuilt. eg. if you have Kodi running, you can use the power off button (on Kodi homescreen) for the same thing.
        Thank you for Advice--Kodi really has power button. Thanks.

Comment

Hey, Skynet, do you like the Tronsmart? I am thinking of getting one, but I need to know if it can run VPN software. Have you tried OpenVPN on it?

Comment

Hey. WEll to be honest with you--I tried many unknown chinese devices and This Tronsmart is the way better as any of them. Because those unknown devices--you have to run for firmware--like search it everywhere. Here at least TRonsmart publishes firmwares on their web site. Also Set of software from start is much more better--like no chineese crap-ware was pre-installed.

Also I have right now 110k4 software which it came with and it has native real 1080p--like Antutu says about it and other software also confirm that it is real 1080P.

Also plastic from which it made--has nice touch feeling. Wi-Fi works well to my opinion, it stays warm. Like many guys say that other sticks become hot, but this particular stick stays warm--even after hours of work. Maybe because here is very power-efficient cpu?

Also it has updated Mali450 GPU.

WEll I like this stick and really recommend it to others. Price is very cheap--like here on geekbuying i think it was only 29.9$. For such price--it is amazing device--it can make any TV really Smart. Like it brings much more joy--when you turn on device--and see Tronsmart as logo--you proud.
            THe only thing--if Tronsmart would improve their support and really make it to be able update over air and answer on their forum to users--but anyway--in all other relations is stable device and I am glad.

I never tried VPN and really do not know what it is used for. Is it possible to find this VPN in GooglePlay? BEcause I install software only from GooglePlay.

Comment

Openvpn seems to be working fine, on these units made by Oman/beelink

Comment

Who is Oman? I know that Beelink is manufacturer. Oman is also manufacturer?

Comment

Originally posted by SkyNet View Post
                  Who is Oman? I know that Beelink is manufacturer. Oman is also manufacturer?
                  I believe Oman is a developer.
                  BTW There are some unofficial F/W for this device too, as well as an OpenELEC build. Of course, check for compatibility with your device first.
                  Have fun.

Comment

One more question:
                    THis Oman developer guy--he works for Tronsmart? I just want to know if I have official firmware from TRonsmart? BEcause if this guy developer is not official guy--then maybe thats why it does not update properly?

Also does anyone know--this 110k4 firmware--is this the only firmware for Tronsmart MK808B Plus that support real 1080P--or there are others firmwares which support real 1080P--I mean official Tronsmart firmwares?

Comment

I believe Oman is the senior software engineer for BeeLink. OpenELEC is the best OS for this powerful little stick.
                      MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Well as far as I know...
                        Omen works for bee-link.. and probably compiled the firmware you are using.. (see pictures posted above)
                        Tronsmart aka vission tech orders devices from various company's...the don't make devices (nor give support)
                        in this case / Bee-link made your device.. and firmware(s) / then rebrand them...various names

Tronsmart made the promise of ota updates dating back to 2010 (starship looking amlogic..if I remember correctly)

The only companys that I know does ota updates is Mele/onda/minix?/gbox...

If I remember..all fw newer then 108k4 are 1080p

Cheers

Comment

Working...
                        X