Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beelink i ONE - (i826)

Hi folks,

Just in time I've got this new box (from Gearbest), after my previous S82 box died when (2nd time) tried to fix HDMI with soldering... yeah, I messed up something. But now the new box is here.
    I don't care about antutu score and gaming power, I bought it for watching movies.

I've still got not enough time to test the unit, but here's what I could:
    - the unit comes with pre-rooted,
    - the unit comes with 115k4 FW,
    -WEB-DL rips and 720p + 1080p moveis are looking fine in XBMC 13.4 (oman's version). The box came with KODI 15 I think, but my xbmc-datas are unable to properly update in latest KODI (lot of series, and watched status are missing),
    - HDMI-IN works without any hitch (T-Mobile IPTV), quality is good, sound only works in full-screen mode,
    - HDMI-IN app is very basic at the moment, only PIP (picture in picture) and QUIT buttons are available,
    - funny but the S82's remote is 100% compatible with the new box,
    - low res x264 and Xvid videos are not so good. Too much "ghosting". Disturbs the eyes. Tried with latest Kodi + Spmc + 13.4 XBMC. Still the same.

I hope it will get Lollipop.

I'll test the Miracast feature with my phone, because with S82 box it didn't work (neither with Galaxy Alpha or Galaxy S3).
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "UPDATE 1"
    Okay, I've got an hour to test this unit. It's enough for me at the moment.
    I'm using a Pioneer AV receiver (VSX-322K) for watching movies.
    I have a MeLe F10 PRO remote controller, and with the previous box, I had to use an external app (soundabout) to get proper sound from hdmi when MeLe was plugged in (the sound came out from the remote). This time there's an option in the settings menu to disable USB audio, and it works. Good feature.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Here's the info page from the settings menu, just to see the Kernel version, and build date if you want.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2015-04-10-18-54-17.png
Views:	217
Size:	31.9 KB
ID:	493083
    The pre-installed EShare app does its job well. Photos, musics, and video files plays well from my phone to this box. Just one problem: the photos quality are not full quality (I can see the jagged edges on the details if I zoom in a little bit). Weird.
    It has got a good feature: it can stream the box's screen to another device (in my case: Vivo Xshot), with 10 fps (?), but usable.
    I hope Beelink can make a professional PVR app like Zidoo X9 has.
    I did some benchmarks with the latest versions of the apps (antutu, sdcard write/read speed, wifi and ethernet speed, antutu video test):
    It's all in hungarian, sorry for it, but I forgot to set back the language to english. However you can clearly see the values.

Name:	Screenshot_2015-04-10-19-04-53.png
Views:	191
Size:	104.5 KB
ID:	493080 Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2015-04-10-19-05-14.png
Views:	198
Size:	150.2 KB
ID:	493081

Name:	Screenshot_2015-04-10-18-40-25.png
Views:	191
Size:	92.7 KB
ID:	493082

Name:	2015-04-10_07-07-23_screenshot.jpg
Views:	206
Size:	110.3 KB
ID:	493084 Click image for larger version

Name:	2015-04-10_07-08-17_screenshot.jpg
Views:	193
Size:	28.3 KB
ID:	493085

Name:	Screenshot_2015-04-10-18-27-11.png
Views:	192
Size:	85.0 KB
ID:	493068 Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2015-04-10-18-27-17.png
Views:	209
Size:	83.4 KB
ID:	493074 Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2015-04-10-18-27-22.png
Views:	196
Size:	79.9 KB
ID:	493071 Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2015-04-10-18-27-01.png
Views:	207
Size:	179.4 KB
ID:	493070
    If you have any request to test on this box, leave a comment, and as soon as I can, I'll test it. (don't ask Netflix and co., they won't work in my country)
    Two tiny bugs so far:
    - there's a little bug when I switch HDMI output to 1080p-24Hz, and I try to open spmc/xbmc/kodi. The screen goes into a zoomed in interlace+ghosting thing. Weird. Setting the AV reciever into another input, and back to the box, solves the problem.
    - google account userID + password refused when I tried to add a google account. It says: "Wrong password, try again.". The password was good. At first I was disappointed that I'm unable to link this box with my account. However I've found a fix. I had set the Date&Time to manual, and also clicked on the Backup & reset / Automatic restore option.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "UPDATE 2"
    Miracast: tried it with a Galaxy Alpha. Worked great. Proper sound and video. Minimal lag. I'm not sure that whether it's ~30fps, but looks fine.

- and well, low res x264 and XViD movies/series looks a little bit bad. Maybe it's not the right word, but: ghosting. No matter what I set in XBMC and in the settings menu for HDMI output.
    1109K4 was the best from beelink to play these kind of movies.

greetings,
    eM
    Attached Files
    Last edited by eM82; 04-11-2015, 11:29.

Thanks for the info, I have a strong interest in this box. Keep it coming please.

Comment

Updated first post, with couple of benchmarks, and infos.
      Miracast will be tested later today.

Comment

Thanks for the update. My interest in this box remains high, but that Antutu score seems a bit unrealistic. I think boxes of this type soc are usually around 30,000-34,000. Could be a bug or cheat, later firmwares will probably resolve it. Seems like a pretty nice box so far.

Comment

Nice box, yes. but the FW is far from being perfect. Double checked the low-res series, and the playback is not 100% smooth.
          I had wrote an email to Bee-link, questioning about the HDMI IN app (do they plan to improve it like Zidoo did), and asking the 115k4 FW just in case. Oh, and also asked them about the recording possibility? Because on the product sheet (point nr. 7) there's a line that clearly says: "Record exciting moments". Ok, but how?
          I don't care about Antutu scores, but if someone did than he/she could see it. It's not a gaming box I think. The GPU is not so powerful.
          Hope that Bee-link will make FW-updates in the near future (maybe a Lollipop).

Comment

How much did Gearbest charge you for this?
            Seems to me its just the basic S812 SoC with no 802.11ac (i.e. The "Plus" Models), nor the "H" (i.e. Hardware HVEC <720p) either.
            Assuming it costs 112.00(USD), over there. and, you could pick the minix up for 'round 50.00(USD), more... I'd have gone for the Minix myself. If only for the 802.11ac, and HVEC Hardware Acceleration, above 720p.
            But, since the S812 sans "Plus" & "H", is little better then then S802SoC, in that it can only reportedly do HVEC in SOFTWARE up to 720p!, and not even do that well. I'm hardly surprised to hear that it sucks, at this task. considering...

Comment

Hi Ichijoe,
              It was 99$, and I ordered this version. Unfortunately I have no idea how to see the difference between the chipversions, without opening the box.
              I hope that this is the H version, because I ordered this version because of the h.265 HW decoding ability.
              Do you have any idea what application could check/show the correct SoC version? Should I ask gearbest?

CPU-Z app shows this for SoC: (and other things, which not important)
              ARM-Cortex A9 1,99 Ghz (4 cores)
              Revision - r4p1
              Mali 450-MP

I don't want to open it, because of the warranty, but you frightened me a little bit, with this H and Plus info .

Greetings,
              eM

Comment

Originally posted by eM82 View Post
                Hi Ichijoe,
                It was 99$, and I ordered this version. Unfortunately I have no idea how to see the difference between the chipversions, without opening the box.
                I hope that this is the H version, because I ordered this version because of the h.265 HW decoding ability.
                Do you have any idea what application could check/show the correct SoC version? Should I ask gearbest?

CPU-Z app shows this for SoC: (and other things, which not important)
                ARM-Cortex A9 1,99 Ghz (4 cores)
                Revision - r4p1
                Mali 450-MP

I don't want to open it, because of the warranty, but you frightened me a little bit, with this H and Plus info .

Greetings,
                eM
                Theres some photos of the PCB here or I can upload a high res one if you like

High resolution photo http://i62.tinypic.com/2duf6mv.jpg
                Last edited by blinkone; 04-17-2015, 20:45.
                Please consider making a Donation to freakTab

Comment

I'll contact gearbest. Bee-link company, and oman neither replied me via e-mail, hope that they will via gearbest.

Comment

I asked beelink for the firmware they sent me these two links witch is the s82 plus firmware ok it might work but it wont have the HDMI in app in it
                    download: http://pan.baidu.com/s/1ff8KY password: 8n59
                    download: http://pan.baidu.com/s/1hqH3dAk password: iokd

Comment

Originally posted by blinkone View Post
                      I asked beelink for the firmware they sent me these two links witch is the s82 plus firmware ok it might work but it wont have the HDMI in app in it
                      download: http://pan.baidu.com/s/1ff8KY password: 8n59
                      download: http://pan.baidu.com/s/1hqH3dAk password: iokd
                      Great, the boxes looks similar. Thanks for the info.
                      Here's the 202k4 sdcard version, from a faster webhost.

Whom should I contact to reply me in e-mail? Could you give me a working e-mail address?
                      -eM

Comment

Have you now working HDMI In Pvr?
                        Free 100Gb space for your files:
                        https://degoo.com/g/Ov7nAz0

Comment

Still no luck. Without built in PVR app, it won't work. I hope they do some fw-s for this box in a couple of months, or I will sell it, and buy a different box, from a different company.
                          The HD videos are rhapsodically good or bad. It's not about the micro lags, or slowing downs. The problems are the fast moving scenes. It's ghosting.
                          However in SPMC, the videos looks better.

Comment

Anyone tried S82 Plus firmware with i826?

Comment

Originally posted by jefflessard View Post
                              Anyone tried S82 Plus firmware with i826?

Im pretty sure its the same firmware i asked beelink for the I826 firmware & they gave me the link to the s82 plus firmware.

But i will say that the s82 plus firmware will not have the HDMI in app so you would need to back that up first

Comment

Working...
                              X