Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GTQ TV BOX ,1000Mbps ethernet LAN Firmware Upgrade-------20th October , 2015 >>>s812

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aeolous View Post
    Today i got some time to play with the GTQ mine is in 106L1 first impressions on kodi playback is good smooth video playback in 1080p but kodi or the box it self can't lock in 24fps i will try to install 15.2 stable because after the update to 106L1 kodi was updated to 15.2rc i hope that eveything will be good after installing 15.2 stable we shall see, i will keep you posted.

106L1? Why is not availabe this firmware for the rest of users?

Comment

It is available through ota update thats the way i get it do an update check through the app in GTQ and you will get it too.

Comment

Sorry. Repeat

Comment

Hello. I also have the problem that turns off after 3 minutes. How did you solve it?
          There are alternative firmware to the official one?

Comment

Also I had the problem of switching off after 3 minutes. I solved by downloading the firmware (always build 106L) for Tronsmart MX III Plus. On the site of Tronsmart I found the firmware and instructions. Installed and "miracle" box now does not go out anymore. It does not seem real. Now I always 106L1 Android 5.1.1 build fully functional.

Comment

Hey guys,

I've just received my GTQ s812 box from gearbest and when I installed it, it turns off after 3-4 minutes. It's got 103L1 FW installed. Can someone guide me how to fix it? aeolous, can you guide me how did you upgrade yours to 106L1. When I check for updates, there aren't any available. Or should I update it manually to 104L1 first to get 106L1 from OTA? Please help, its really frustrating to see it turn off

PS. Can I install Tronsmart MXIII firmware on my Beelink GTQ S812. I believe the boards are similar, but not sure.

Comment

Originally posted by ahmadyousaf View Post
                Hey guys,

I've just received my GTQ s812 box from gearbest and when I installed it, it turns off after 3-4 minutes. It's got 103L1 FW installed. Can someone guide me how to fix it? aeolous, can you guide me how did you upgrade yours to 106L1. When I check for updates, there aren't any available. Or should I update it manually to 104L1 first to get 106L1 from OTA? Please help, its really frustrating to see it turn off

PS. Can I install Tronsmart MXIII firmware on my Beelink GTQ S812. I believe the boards are similar, but not sure.

I took my box of gearbest.
                Beelink GTQ TV Box 1000M Metal Shell - EU (2GB + 8GB) SILVER 143107406
                4K / 2.4G 5.8G WiFi / XBMC KODI / Bluetooth HDMI / Android 5.1 Amlogic S812 Quad Core.

Even my xbox turns off after 3 minutes.

on the site of tronsmart I did the firmware download 106L1. I installed via SD (to enter the recovery mode you must turn on the box while pressing the reset button located at the bottom to the AV output (I used a toothpick)). It works great and solves the problem of switching off after 3 minutes.
                assistance gearbest did not solve the problem. With the firmware TronSmart MX III Plus I solved the problem and it works great.
                first thing I installed (OTA) firmware 104L1. Then I installed the firmware Tronsmart.

In addition to the site of TronSmart find firmware also the instructions for installation. I used the one with the SD.

Comment

Thanks Elleux

thats so nice of you. I've followed your steps and it solved my issue. I have seen a few more issues here n there.

Youtube stopped after almost 20 minutes of playing. (I'll test it again and verify the issue)
                  Kodi leaves the system unresponsive if you change audio settings while movie is being played.
                  I'm using passthrough audio with my Yamaha AV received over SPDIF and pressing the volume down button gives loud distorted noise and it does not go away unless you reboot.

On the positive side, it is playing

One more thing: can I change the default homescreen?

Comment

AZW when you are going to give us a link for the 106L1 to have it as a back up and the people that have problems with the unit shutting down after 3:30 minutes or so
                    don't have to get the rom form Tronsmart?

Comment

have the same issue, after updating to Tronsmart firmware, it is working fine. Wonder why some users have no problems, as this seems as firmware issue. Hopefully, beelink will release fixed firmware soon. I also send them request via their contact form, but no response from them

Comment

Working...
                      X