Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone working on firmware for the Eny M8S Amlogic S812 square box?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got a M8S BCM4335 201510131428 , Kerner Version 3.10.33 (Amlogic S812 Cortex A9r4 2.0 GHz) and I cannot install another firmware.

When I press the AV button and plug the power with SD card already on it shows the Amlogic logo twice , says on bottom corner loading and it carrys on booting normally.

Also when manually update and choose the file from the menu shows the android logo and the line filling up but there is no updated firmware when it restarts.

Could someone please help with the issue?

I need a firmware other than what is on because when I do switch off the date goes back to 1970 , as well as got LAN and WIFI issues sometimes.

Comment

I did download and tried this firmware : Firmware details
      Archive: M8S 4K KODI Amlogic S812 latest 4.4 fw
      Model: M8S TV Box
      Image file size: 1.23 GB
      Platform: Amlogic S812
      Image: M8S_aml_upgrade_package_16.0_20160229.img / n200C-ota-20160229.zip
      Build number: n200C-user 4.4.2 KOT49H 20160229 test-keys

but still wasnt sucessful since I cant get the bootlader option list.

Comment

george2411208...have you had any luck with the boot loader or firmware you were using? pm sent
        Last edited by kansasjayhawk32; 07-23-2016, 11:11.

Comment

Hi Folks,

I've M8S with KOT49H.20150827 test-keys. Everything works except that the Audio output is locked to PCM 48K and Auto On. I want to get surround working by changing it to passthrough. Is there an updated firmware or some other way to change the Audio settings?

Thanks.

Vkapoor

Comment

Originally posted by orlie View Post
            Hi all,

I have made a boot card with uboot.bin and ROM from cyx_m8s_ap6330_8g2g_150728_SD .
            I have released the tooth stick when I saw the S812 logo and when it disappeared. From then the signal to the HDMI disappeared too and only the blue led is on (and the spdif laser too). No red light at all from LED, only blue. It didn't started any recovery or visible ROM updating. I waited for about 5 -6 minutes but nothing since then. It is a blue lighted BRICK.
            Please anybody to help with sugestions : what is the right ROM / uboot.bin for the box with the following board:
            [ATTACH=CONFIG]n536011[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]n536012[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]n536013[/ATTACH]

Thanks for the help in advance!
            I am in the exactly Brick as you, any solutions so far?

Thanks.

Comment

Well, from my expirience about S812 firmwares ...
              - OTA firmwares are good only for fully compatible devices for example the devices firmware has been prepared. OTAs usually are not full firmwares.
              - If you have got n200 board, don't install firmware designed for n200C. They are not fully compatible. The device won't boot normally (freeze on start screen) and it will freeze sooner or later if You manage to run it somehow. Don't do a reverse operation also.
              - If You had luck to find firmware that fulfill the specification of Your device but it is on n200 and firmware is designed for n200C, You burned it with UBT and the box is freezing as soon as start logo appear
              You can still run the device with SD card and proper recovery.img on the SD. Put recovery.img designed for Your device on SD, insert SD and turn on the device pushing RESET button to enter recovery menu. Then choose only one option in recovery - "reboot system". Device will restart and will run normally. It will freeze earlier lub later anyway ...
              - the firmware You want to install must support Your memory configuration. Not sure about flash memory, but I think firmware for 2G/16G won't run on 2G/8G device. But I can be wrong here, didn't risk to check this. But this is logical to me.
              - get firmware designed for Your wifi module. Mine is AP6210 and it is one of older modules, where I can't find any newer firmware supporting it.

Comment

Working...
              X