Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone working on firmware for the Eny M8S Amlogic S812 square box?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone working on firmware for the Eny M8S Amlogic S812 square box?

The M8s is supposed to be un upgrade for the infamous M8 square box. The firmware could use some tweaking though. The device is incompatible to most apps according to the Playstore and the box has some audio synch issues.

Is anyone working on this? I know I should ask Eny but you all know how that turns out

Not a lot of S812 types out so far. I noticed the box has 2GB/8GB with the AP6330. I think that is similar to the RKM MK12 S812 box, though it has 16GB vs. 8GB, they have the same wifi/bluetooth chip. In some cases, it seems the storage being 8GB vs 16GB is not a factor and some ROMs designed for 16GB variants, will work on the 8GB ones.
    Of course, I would get a hold of the stock M8S ROM before you do any experimenting.
    Maybe one of the RKMs or even the X8-H Plus' ROMs could be made to work. You may want to browse the Freaktab sections on those devices.
    It seems most of the S812 boxes have not had a lot of updates yet, in some cases, none.
    I'd say more choices will become available to you in the coming weeks/months, be they official or custom developed.
    I wish I could help you, but I'm still a noob.
    Good luck. -RISCy Dude

BTW From this page, it looks like newest firmware might be 05NOV2014.

Comment

Originally posted by RISCy Dude View Post
      Not a lot of S812 types out so far. I noticed the box has 2GB/8GB with the AP6330. I think that is similar to the RKM MK12 S812 box, though it has 16GB vs. 8GB, they have the same wifi/bluetooth chip. In some cases, it seems the storage being 8GB vs 16GB is not a factor and some ROMs designed for 16GB variants, will work on the 8GB ones.
      Of course, I would get a hold of the stock M8S ROM before you do any experimenting.
      Maybe one of the RKMs or even the X8-H Plus' ROMs could be made to work. You may want to browse the Freaktab sections on those devices.
      It seems most of the S812 boxes have not had a lot of updates yet, in some cases, none.
      I'd say more choices will become available to you in the coming weeks/months, be they official or custom developed.
      I wish I could help you, but I'm still a noob.
      Good luck. -RISCy Dude

BTW From this page, it looks like newest firmware might be 05NOV2014.
      Thanks! Mine is dated 20141111. Seems newer but i will give the 5 november a try. You never know.

Comment

The november firmware did not help but Eny have released a new version: http://pan.baidu.com/s/1kTFXVUZ

This solves the Playstore problem. But I have found another bug. You cannot write to an external SD-card. Rooting the device did not solve that problem either. Anyone?

Comment

I might waiting for box of member who said he would send one for me to work on, I think value for money the s802 is still pretty decent box not many h265 vids out there yet could be wrong
          Bugs are Sons of Glitches!

If you like my work and it's helped you, you can always shout me a beer or two Click - Here

Links : Visit JustMe ROMs - EM8 Square Roms - EM8 OpenELEC Rom - ADB GUI

JustMe

Comment

For the record: Eny has solved the sd-card problem in a new firmware release (2015-01-23)
            百度网盘为您提供文件的网络备份、同步和分享服务。空间大、速度快、安全稳固,支持教育网加速,支持手机端。注册使用百度网盘即可享受免费存储空间

Comment

Originally posted by handroid View Post
              For the record: Eny has solved the sd-card problem in a new firmware release (2015-01-23)
              http://pan.baidu.com/s/1dDtQ6oL
              Hi I have the M8S could you tell me how you found this firmware as I want to keep my box as updated as possible, hopefully this solves h265 files playing badly as they all stutter for me.
              Last edited by dave85; 01-28-2015, 08:39.

Comment

Here's my first build (today): http://tinyurl.com/mqz93eq

Latest aml sources + Kodi final + hevc patches, rooted... nothing special. Device itself works pretty nice. Has to be installed from sdcard because board check is not n200 on my firmware (my recovery.img needs to be on sdcard).
                If you find my work useful, buy me a beer
                Homepage: http://www.stane1983.com

Comment

Originally posted by stane1983 View Post

Latest aml sources + Kodi final + hevc patches, rooted... nothing special. Device itself works pretty nice. Has to be installed from sdcard because board check is not n200 on my firmware (my recovery.img needs to be on sdcard).
                  Installing using sd card with all 3 files including recovery.img but get this

Comment

Originally posted by dave85 View Post
                    Installing using sd card with all 3 files including recovery.img but get this

recovery.img is not booted from sdcard for some reason. Try with reset button in av hole.
                    If you find my work useful, buy me a beer
                    Homepage: http://www.stane1983.com

Comment

Tried installing and holding a pin in the av as well, still that same error message. Any other solutions?

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by dave85 View Post
                        Tried installing and holding a pin in the av as well, still that same error message. Any other solutions?

Thanks.
                        yours is M8C, not the M8S talked here, wrong device

Comment

Originally posted by hsia View Post
                          yours is M8C, not the M8S talked here, wrong device
                          I see, hopefully it is easy to make one for my device considering the only difference is the ram size 1gb v 2gb)

Comment

Originally posted by stane1983 View Post
                            Thanks stane1983, works on my M8S.
                            I can't seem to get DTS-HD and TrueHD to work.

Comment

I also flashed the OpenELEC-Amlogic.S806-S812 form http://www.amlinux.ru/image/devel/
                              This gives you OpenElec Kodi 14.1.
                              It works nice, but some problems with hdmi CEC
                              -original remote does not work at all
                              -dts-hd and true hd passthrough does not work
                              -blue power light is on during standby
                              -can't wake the box when in suspend, or power on without reconnecting the powersupply.

Tvheadend works fine !

Comment

Working...
                              X