NEED HELP TO ROOT M8S AMLOGIC S812 TV BOX PLEASE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NEED HELP TO ROOT M8S AMLOGIC S812 TV BOX PLEASE

I really need help here i can't get detection of usb male to male cable on my ott box it's an amlogic s812 soc,there's no micro usb port only full size,and there is no reset button underneath and no reset hole on it,i have however found that the method to access the recovery menu is the same principal as it is for the ouya.

But my tv and kitkat just don't talk to each other properly miss-comunication somewhere,so basically i have only 720p instead of 1080p,i want an apk root method for it if possible.This would let me enable the 1080p mode in resolution changer pro,but without root it can't work,nor can i access and write to the file system either,so i really need help in the form of an apk that will root the box please help.

Problem solved,you can change the resolution setting in display settings,de-check hdmi auto and click the resolution information writing then just choose your resolution,job done.I have now successfully flashed it from being an n200 device to the official ENY M8S firmware,play store is perfect now none of this not compatible with your device bullsh@t,and i have sideloaded the ouya anywhere apks and i am using my official ouya controller with it.It's awesome the speed out of this box is amazing i love it.The ouya everywhere plays like an ouya's wet dream.

Antutu states just over 31000 score for this box on old firmware so will test it with the new firmware and get back.
    Last edited by PHYSC; 01-26-2015, 03:23.
    What is the world if you don't explore?

I see nothing happened on this then ??

the plot thickens - need my root back google search brings up ZIP :-( the M8s isn't that new these days is it ?

Comment

Working...
    X