Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[HELP] Remote Not Working M8S S812?

Hi,

I have a M8S S812 Amlogic TV Box, I just flashed it with "OpenELEC-Amlogic.S806-S812.arm-5.0.8.zip" and now my remote doesn't work? How can I fix this?

Thanks in Advance.

Copy from android firmware(/system/etc/remote.conf) through samba to /Configfiles.

Comment

Originally posted by csgabe View Post
      Copy from android firmware(/system/etc/remote.conf) through samba to /Configfiles.
      Sorry, I'm new to this which android firmware do I copy it from? Where can I downloaded the android firmware?

How do I use samba? Would it be possible if you could just walk me through it quickly please?

Thanks.

Comment

Download from this post you can extract or just flash it via toothpick http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...zips#post18312
        Bugs are Sons of Glitches!

If you like my work and it's helped you, you can always shout me a beer or two Click - Here

Links : Visit JustMe ROMs - EM8 Square Roms - EM8 OpenELEC Rom - ADB GUI

JustMe

Comment

Originally posted by JustMe View Post
          Download from this post you can extract or just flash it via toothpick http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...zips#post18312
          Ive downloaded and extracted it, do I copy everything over to my M8S if so where do I copy it to? OR only the remote.conf to Configfiles?

UPDATE: Copied the remote.conf to Configfiles and it all works fine now. Shame the remote is rubbish, have to hold it right in front for it to even work properly.
          Last edited by Harvinder; 05-28-2015, 12:19.

Comment

JustMe are all the buttons mapped properly the directional buttons work fine and so does the mute button. The power button turns the M8S off but doesn't turn it back on, I can't click on anything the middle OK doesn't seem to be working and all other buttons don't work either?

Comment

where did you buy the m8s from ? the one supplied is from acemax firmware

If you like my work and it's helped you, you can always shout me a beer or two Click - Here

JustMe

Comment

Originally posted by JustMe View Post
                where did you buy the m8s from ? the one supplied is from acemax firmware
                I bought it off ****: http://www.****.co.uk/itm/2519229958...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Comment

u have round one or same like in t hat photo

Comment

u have round one remote or same like in that photo?

Comment

Originally posted by bajann View Post
                      u have round one remote or same like in that photo?
                      Ive got the roundish remote like this one: http://i.imgur.com/QJdQ1SS.jpg

Comment

Since I do not have s812 can you try the original m8 file on this thread its the very first one http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...zips#post18312

JustMe

Comment

I had the same issue when I checked the EM8S out on OpenELEC... I pulled the remote.conf file from one of ENY's older builds and moved it over using adb... even with Eny's own software I found that remote was a real pain till you spend some time tweaking it... I found out of the box on their own software it was so touchy and wants to double trigger all the time in Andriod but when running their version of Kodi/Xbmc it was almost unusable because everytime you hit the enter key on a menu it would select it and then unselect it because of the double tap I had to get into the habit of quickly tapping the remote being careful not to hold the buttons in any way... range wise tho I wasn't to bad tho it does seem to have a narrow beam to the receiver... logictech 400 or measie air mouse I can point in the opposite direction and it worked well so im sure its nothing recieiver wise in the tuner... bad coding from eny's problably the culprit... OpenElec was somewhat better using Eny's reomote.conf file and got most of the buttons working but I still ended up messing around with setting to get it the way I expected it to work...

Comment

i run openelec but the remote is not working corrctly ok button is not mapped probaly
                            Last edited by PhoenixKopf; 04-01-2016, 11:06.

Comment

Hi Everyone,

I like to replace the remote file ( remote.conf ) in my M8S S812 and in this area you stated you can use the toothpick method. I search for the instructions over and over for ( post 18312 ) in how to do it but was unsuccessful.
                              Can someone point me to the right location or in how to do it.
                              Any help would be greatly appreciated.
                              Best to All.

Comment

Working...
                              X