Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ott M8S Auto Flash not working

Hi,
    I'm relatively new to Android TV (used an ATV for many years) and purchased the Ott 4k M8S Box, off of **** for about $50. I have read a bit on the topic by now and did the h265 test and it played smoothly, so I assume it's not a fake s812 chip.
    I can successfully access the recovery mode using the toothpick in the audio output socket, however since I don't have a USB keyboard I am unable to navigate the menu (remote won't work there).
    I heard of a lot of autoupdating firmwares and tried some out, but they never do anything. The boot menu is just stuck showing the amlogic splashscreen. I ordered a usb keyboard so I can flash manually, but wanted to ask if this is normal behaviour for the M8S?
    Any advice is welcome!

Also, I am thinking to make the move to Openelec since the only thing I need is Kodi. Will I have trouble with the remote with it? I use the rounded one as shown here

You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

You probably have this sorted reading your posts - but this was the only method I got to work with my M8s box

Comment

Thanks for the andswer! yes, by now i bricked my device, unbricked it using the amlogic unbrick sd card creator abd flashed the august fw successfully! i also hacked the housing to make the remote work. works quite nicely now!

Comment

Originally posted by klosk View Post
        Thanks for the andswer! yes, by now i bricked my device, unbricked it using the amlogic unbrick sd card creator abd flashed the august fw successfully! i also hacked the housing to make the remote work. works quite nicely now!
        How did you adb flash it mate mine only seems to adb on wifi?
        What is the world if you don't explore?

Comment

adb is supposed to be and... typing is a bitch

Comment

Working...
          X