No announcement yet.

How to improve the Eny Square (Ott) M8, M8S, etc. IR Remote Reception Quality

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to improve the Eny Square (Ott) M8, M8S, etc. IR Remote Reception Quality

So I was digging into my remote problem with the M8S box. I noticed the remote works well when I directly target the blue receiving triangle. But from an angle it's pretty much unusable. So I took the box apart and found that the receiver is sitting too far in the housing, so pointing at it from an angle, blocks the sensor.

How to fix:
    Open the box by removing the screws (screws under the rubber feet on the bottom) and splitting it with a small flat head screwdriver, or blade (dangerous). It's clipped together!
    In there you remove the triangle plastic piece and unscrew the sensor/led pcb-board. The cable is pretty long, so I simply clammed the pcb in between the housing as shown in the pictures. If you're adventurous you could also simply desolder the sensor and cable it to the front of the housing.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4957.JPG
Views:	50
Size:	12.0 KB
ID:	543089

Name:	IMG_4956.JPG
Views:	48
Size:	11.4 KB
ID:	543090

Name:	IMG_4958.JPG
Views:	46
Size:	18.8 KB
ID:	543091

Last edited by klosk; 12-12-2015, 04:54.

#DiySOS I like it i decided to spend £8 and buy a better remote with usb plug in a lot faster than standard item at any angle infact you don't even need to point it

Comment

Originally posted by klosk View Post
      So I was digging into my remote problem with the M8S box. I noticed the remote works well when I directly target the blue receiving triangle. But from an angle it's pretty much unusable. So I took the box apart and found that the receiver is sitting too far in the housing, so pointing at it from an angle, blocks the sensor.

How to fix:
      Open the box by removing the screws (screws under the rubber feet on the bottom) and splitting it with a small flat head screwdriver, or blade (dangerous). It's clipped together!
      In there you remove the triangle plastic piece and unscrew the sensor/led pcb-board. The cable is pretty long, so I simply clammed the pcb in between the housing as shown in the pictures. If you're adventurous you could also simply desolder the sensor and cable it to the front of the housing.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n522405[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n522406[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n522407[/ATTACH]
      hi there

could you please post the images again

i cant see them anymore

thanks

Comment

Hi klosk. Is there any possibilities to re-post the pictures. It would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Comment

Reuploaded all the images...

Comment

Thanks klosk. I'll try it tomorrow.

Comment

Good luck, bit I think the best results you'll get by buying one of these non i/r remotes on ****. No pointintg whatsoever anymore

Comment

Working...
              X