M8s s812 kicks me off KODI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M8s s812 kicks me off KODI

I just received my M8S from Gearbest. I removed the version of KODI that was on the box and replaced with 15.1,and loaded my addons through KODI backup and restore. Now everytime I go into KODI it crashes and sends me back to the home screen. How can I fix this? Thanks in advance for any help.

Try 15.2 we have had no problems with it on M8s units - although some M8s units use different firmwares, which is why you might be getting issues.
    Team UX
    http://www.ultimatexbmc.com/

http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...-ULTIMATE-XBMC

Comment

Originally posted by ultimatexbmc View Post
      Try 15.2 we have had no problems with it on M8s units - although some M8s units use different firmwares, which is why you might be getting issues.
      Thanks for the quick response. Will try,

Comment

Tried the 15.2. Worked for about 15 minutes and kicked me out of Kodi. Not a wifi issue as I am hardwired. Also noticed the box is an M8S+ with a square remote. Is there any newer firmware for this box? Current firmware is from July 23/15. Thanks again for any assistance.

Comment

what firmware do you have and does it happen with all repo's?
          Bugs are Sons of Glitches!

If you like my work and it's helped you, you can always shout me a beer or two Click - Here

Links : Visit JustMe ROMs - EM8 Square Roms - EM8 OpenELEC Rom - ADB GUI

JustMe

Comment

Firmware is android 4.4.2 build number KOT49H.20150713.184446.V0823 testkeys. It seems to kick out when you stop watching one add on and try to switch to another.

Comment

Switched over to WiFi and the problem becomes worse. Kodi loads and then sends me back to home page right away.

Comment

Welcome to the m8s - frustrating at best, WiFi or hard wired slow speeds

Comment

turk can you provide a link to your firmware I will have quick look also I advice switch over to 15.2rc3 now or you can try ​http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...015#post527760

n200 zip and see if it improves your issues
                  Bugs are Sons of Glitches!

If you like my work and it's helped you, you can always shout me a beer or two Click - Here

Links : Visit JustMe ROMs - EM8 Square Roms - EM8 OpenELEC Rom - ADB GUI

JustMe

Comment

The same here mate? I just uninstalled it reinstalled another 15.2 version and now i cannot reinstall it with 14.2 again so i am stuck.It now constantly argues insufficient space on mine and i cannot edit vold.fstab on my own.
                    Originally posted by terribleturk View Post
                    I just received my M8S from Gearbest. I removed the version of KODI that was on the box and replaced with 15.1,and loaded my addons through KODI backup and restore. Now everytime I go into KODI it crashes and sends me back to the home screen. How can I fix this? Thanks in advance for any help.
                    What is the world if you don't explore?

Comment

Originally posted by JustMe View Post
                      turk can you provide a link to your firmware I will have quick look also I advice switch over to 15.2rc3 now or you can try ​http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...015#post527760

n200 zip and see if it improves your issues
                      http://chinagadgetsreviews.com/downl...max-m8s-tv-box.

Comment

I shouldn't bother with M9 firmware like i am using now to type this,as this is the firmware all my issues are arising from i couldn't even reflash or update using zip after installing it so be carefull,i know i had another M8S box well a N200 that i took up to the M8S firmware and that could reflash via sd anything i wanted including the xtreamer wonder firmware which i wrote a guide to in a thread i did,but i wouldn't do that,saying that i was stuck with no wifi but ethernet was fine,i couldn't reflash it via sd or update obviously but i think it could be possible now using the usb burning tool or img writing tool for amlogic devices,but do not quote me it's a risk people will have to take them selves.I just want an img file preferably lollipop an aml_upgrade.img file to flash mine with the img writing tool as i cannot write firmware any other way thanks to this locked down by the look of it M9 firmware,it's either locked or sd is inoperable for flashing hence it won't run it,it sort of tries then on erase it just falls over to the original firmware and your back to square one rebuilding from scratch again it is royaly p"ssing me off now and i am not getting any support here,the worst part is i can get update.zip roms but i can't convert them into an img file otherwise i'd do the lot my self,and try other methods of cross flashing and report my findings with guiides on here.Any help with a img would be greatly appreciated as i can probably regain update from within the os via zip files at that point,but for now i am scr@wd.

Comment

You and try TVMC compiled apk from tv addons it seem to work for me

Comment

Originally posted by clayton319 View Post
                            You and try TVMC compiled apk from tv addons it seem to work for me
                            I have used it before it's more a case of not having storage capacity and unable to swap usb as main storage as i cannot edit vold.fstab files i have learning difficulties.But yeah i used TVMC once but it's not like a precompiled kodi.Thanks any way i could do with an assist in getting a lollipop alternative firmware aml_upgrade.img file my test keys are 20150203 test keys i think this is what the img looks like as a title aml_upgrade_package.img I am absolutely desperate for a compatible n200 version one of these possibly an m8s one could work lollipop is preferable,but if i can just6 reflash renabling the sd upgrades to work then i am sorted but nobody seems to be able to give me one?I know people probably have a beta custom version i wouldn't mind as long as it can get me back to flashing off a sd card again it's an endless drag trying to find an img apposed to update.zip set.

Comment

Working...
                            X