No announcement yet.

Bricked OTT TV BOX M8S

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had the same brick with zebra14 above, a vensmile m8s M8 V8-9 with BCM4335 wifi. No blue light , nothing, couldn not get into recovery at all ,but my pc couldn see it in usb burning tool.
    I required from seller firmware and he sent me but the usb burn tool wouldn΄τ proceed (parse burn image fail) so i used the img file you proposed to zebra14 ( https://mega.nz/#!ZJJ0kLjC!Ur-8oOmga...gK5UfmCaGa68pQ)..
    In the first attempt it stopped and said parse burn image fail ,so i changed the name of the img file and erased all the chinese letters and then ...success.
    I was torturing myself 3 weeks testing img files that could not work.
    Red liquid i am grateful.

Comment

Hi I have looked at several posts here and have noticed an anomaly in post 10 Eddybear gives the url where he purchased his box if you open that url his box is listed in the heading as MX111 with a s812
      processor but the label shown identifies the processor as s802. I cannot get CPUZ to identify the chipset on my box but it is marked exactly the same M8 ver 8.9. As I cant use the box I will burn the same software he did and see what happens and post the result.

Comment

Hello everyone
        Can u please help i have the opposite issue m8s with ap6330 wifi but no firmware to make it work exept one for bcm4335 but with no wifi i am going crazy for a month now please help i join picture
        Thanks in advance
        You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 5 photos.

Comment

Originally posted by guslord View Post
          Hello everyone
          Can u please help i have the opposite issue m8s with ap6330 wifi but no firmware to make it work exept one for bcm4335 but with no wifi i am going crazy for a month now please help i join picture
          Thanks in advance
          Are you still having the issue with the WiFi not working? I am in an opposite boat I have firmware for what looks like the exact same box but it only does WiFi my Ethernet doesn't work. Can I ask what firmware you used to get Ethernet going?

Comment

Yes still not working
            Dont remember the exact name but something like cyx_bcm4335......

Comment

Originally posted by redliquid View Post
              Hi,

First of all - thanks to hipisxbit for his help.

I have successfuly recovered my OTT TV BOX M8S. Firmware, that I tried to flash via USB Burning Tool was incorrect. For other people, who has bricked that device: if USB Burning Tool is recognizing device, there is no need to do anything with NAND pins nor OTG jumper (if You have one). Proper *.img file for USB Burning Tool is essential. If you have incorrect file, there will be errors like I described in the first post.

For my device proper img file I found on baido. Downloading was pain in the ass, so I created a mirror for future use (maybe someone will need that file):

https://mega.nz/#!1Fw1Ta5a!0kpwpqjiY...Q-B09FRcGrsAHY

File Name: cyx_m8s_v8.6_ap6330_8g2g_kodi_addons_ota_150908_US B.img

I suppose, that this device has been manufactured by cyx (or cyxtech). I recognized valid file by "V8.6" label on device PCB silkscreen and "V8.6" inside the file name. Also WIFI module (AP6330) was the same.

I flashed device with power plug connected (without it USB Burning Tool (and Windows) did not recognized device). After "Start" button was clicked, my device restarted once after 6% or something like that, and after two minutes of progress I saw "Burning successfully" message. Device is fully functional. Happy end.

Greetings from Poland!
              First of all let me say thank you for helping me unbrick my box. the only problem I now have is no wifi. This is with the bmc4335 img. the ap6330 dosn't seem to boot.
              Any help on which img to use would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
              You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 3 photos.

Comment

Originally posted by alexthegr824 View Post

First of all let me say thank you for helping me unbrick my box. the only problem I now have is no wifi. This is with the bmc4335 img. the ap6330 dosn't seem to boot.
                Any help on which img to use would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
                Is ethernet port working in Your device?

Comment

I haven't tested this. I will do so now. It's driving me crazy

Comment

The ethernet connects then the box crashes straight away?

Comment

The ethernet connects then the box crashes straight away?
                      You should read all this topic: http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...81-bricked-m8s
                      Dia's method partially works - You can use WiFi on that firmware, but there is no known way to fully recover Your box (M9&M8_8bit_V1.1) with functional ethernet.

Comment

You should read all this topic: http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...81-bricked-m8s
                        Dia's method partially works - You can use WiFi on that firmware, but there is no known way to fully recover Your box (M9&M8_8bit_V1.1) with functional ethernet.
                        Thank you so much. I got the wifi working with the 5.0.1 update on that thread bthe only thing j have to overcome now is the remote doesnt work haha

Comment

Update: I finally got my box back to stock with this https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B24...NUb3VtTWc/view
                          This is for M8s and has wifi compatibility. Works perfect on mine. Thanks for anyone who helped out.

Comment

Update: I finally got my box back to stock with this https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B24...NUb3VtTWc/view
                            This is for M8s and has wifi compatibility. Works perfect on mine. Thanks for anyone who helped out.
                            Can I ask what method you used to install this ROM? I tried with the factory recovery and TWRP. The factory recovery told me that the date was older than the current running ROM (I am using an M8S+ ROM) and when I tried through TWRP I got an updater binary error and it told me my device is a k200 not a n200c. I can confirm we have matching boards.

Comment

Thanks for all the help everyone my m8s was not responding to anything I tried. I kept reading and trying all the fixes everyone posted and I finally have a working box.

Comment

Originally posted by Mimmer View Post
                                Thanks for all the help everyone my m8s was not responding to anything I tried. I kept reading and trying all the fixes everyone posted and I finally have a working box.
                                Did you use alexthegr824 ROM file from Google Drive? I have not figure out how to get around the errors I have been encountering.

Comment

Working...
                                X