Bricked OTT TV BOX M8S

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by charlesbronson View Post

Did you use alexthegr824 ROM file from Google Drive? I have not figure out how to get around the errors I have been encountering.
    I will have to check which one I actually used. I tried so many unsuccessful ones then finally one worked. The info is on my laptop . As soon as I can get to it I'll check. I used the SD card method

Comment

Did you use alexthegr824 ROM file from Google Drive? I have not figure out how to get around the errors I have been encountering.
      Ok I used the sd card method with the toothpick reset. The file I got was from Entertainmentbox.com latest m8s. I had to give it a couple of trys and it went from no lights seemingly dead to working. hope it works for you too.

Comment

Originally posted by Mimmer View Post

Ok I used the sd card method with the toothpick reset. The file I got was from Entertainmentbox.com latest m8s. I had to give it a couple of trys and it went from no lights seemingly dead to working. hope it works for you too.
        Thanks for getting back to me. I will try a couple and hopefully one will work. I have a bad feeling I won't have any luck because I flashed over my boot/recovery so the box only seems to allow 1 specific ROM to run because the bootloader is compatible with it.

But I will give it a try and hope for the best. Only question is, do you recall if your board had this printed on it? M9&M8_8bit_V1.1 2015/09/02 I just want to make sure I don't flash the wrong thing and brick it for good.

Comment

Thanks for getting back to me. I will try a couple and hopefully one will work. I have a bad feeling I won't have any luck because I flashed over my boot/recovery so the box only seems to allow 1 specific ROM to run because the bootloader is compatible with it.

But I will give it a try and hope for the best. Only question is, do you recall if your board had this printed on it? M9&M8_8bit_V1.1 2015/09/02 I just want to make sure I don't flash the wrong thing and brick it for good.
          Mine says M8 V 8_9. I tried lots of files until one finally worked. Luckily I didn't brick it for good because I had no idea what I was doing until coming here and doing a lot of reading.

Comment

i have a problem, i tried to flash a twrp but i did it wrong, because i flashed it as zip, no as img at the update&restore app... the result is that i can't go to recovery and the root is gone.... i have an ott m8s (amlogic 8276-m8, bmc4335), can anyone give me the root file and tell me what to do?

Comment

USB BurnTool and this image second method - http://adf.ly/12297117/s802-s812-img
              Bugs are Sons of Glitches!

If you like my work and it's helped you, you can always shout me a beer or two Click - Here

Links : Visit JustMe ROMs - EM8 Square Roms - EM8 OpenELEC Rom - ADB GUI

JustMe

Comment

my tvbox isn't s802, can i use this image anyway?

the specifications are this:

Comment

I have m8s plus and tried many img files.With one i got to 3 % and after that my tv shows the boot logo and 2 sec later no signal.So i need to find img file for my QcoQce M8S+ S812 device.Can anyone help me ? The system firmware is a zip file

Comment

I was able to flash one file but its not the original.Its not really working sometimes its booting directly to the welcome screen where i can setup my device but it keeps crashing...I found an image for my device for the M8S+ but i dont know if that works and its such a hard way to flash an image^^
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by kil1mple; 10-11-2016, 04:29.

Comment

Hi,
                      I also have the M8 TV BOX ( M8 V8_6 written on the board ) once I use the USB burning tool it works but no WI-FI option available, an I don't have the possibility to contact it directly to the router , any Ideas???!!

Comment

I wrote an email to the seller of my M8S+.They want to help me and test the newest software with the Box.So you can try to contact the seller or the brand of your box.

Comment

Originally posted by redliquid View Post
                          Hi,

First of all - thanks to hipisxbit for his help.

I have successfuly recovered my OTT TV BOX M8S. Firmware, that I tried to flash via USB Burning Tool was incorrect. For other people, who has bricked that device: if USB Burning Tool is recognizing device, there is no need to do anything with NAND pins nor OTG jumper (if You have one). Proper *.img file for USB Burning Tool is essential. If you have incorrect file, there will be errors like I described in the first post.

For my device proper img file I found on baido. Downloading was pain in the ass, so I created a mirror for future use (maybe someone will need that file):

https://mega.nz/#!1Fw1Ta5a!0kpwpqjiY...Q-B09FRcGrsAHY

File Name: cyx_m8s_v8.6_ap6330_8g2g_kodi_addons_ota_150908_US B.img

I suppose, that this device has been manufactured by cyx (or cyxtech). I recognized valid file by "V8.6" label on device PCB silkscreen and "V8.6" inside the file name. Also WIFI module (AP6330) was the same.

I flashed device with power plug connected (without it USB Burning Tool (and Windows) did not recognized device). After "Start" button was clicked, my device restarted once after 6% or something like that, and after two minutes of progress I saw "Burning successfully" message. Device is fully functional. Happy end.

Greetings from Poland!
                          Thank you for this I was looking everywhere

Comment

Originally posted by redliquid View Post
                            Hi,

First of all - thanks to hipisxbit for his help.

I have successfuly recovered my OTT TV BOX M8S. Firmware, that I tried to flash via USB Burning Tool was incorrect. For other people, who has bricked that device: if USB Burning Tool is recognizing device, there is no need to do anything with NAND pins nor OTG jumper (if You have one). Proper *.img file for USB Burning Tool is essential. If you have incorrect file, there will be errors like I described in the first post.

For my device proper img file I found on baido. Downloading was pain in the ass, so I created a mirror for future use (maybe someone will need that file):

https://mega.nz/#!1Fw1Ta5a!0kpwpqjiY...Q-B09FRcGrsAHY

File Name: cyx_m8s_v8.6_ap6330_8g2g_kodi_addons_ota_150908_US B.img

I suppose, that this device has been manufactured by cyx (or cyxtech). I recognized valid file by "V8.6" label on device PCB silkscreen and "V8.6" inside the file name. Also WIFI module (AP6330) was the same.

I flashed device with power plug connected (without it USB Burning Tool (and Windows) did not recognized device). After "Start" button was clicked, my device restarted once after 6% or something like that, and after two minutes of progress I saw "Burning successfully" message. Device is fully functional. Happy end.

Greetings from Poland!
                            You saved my box. Than you.
                            I had the M8S.AP6330.201509251800 firmware on my box, tryed to update but it was briked, now it works again.
                            Same board as you M8 V8_6
                            Do you know if there is any other firmware working on this device? I'm searching for a newer version or better a 5 lollipop one. Does not mind if ethernet does not work.

Thank you!

Comment

A little update, the cyx_m8s_v8.6_AP6330_8g2g_kodi_addons_160526_USB_.i mg firmware comes with kodi 16.1 and works slighly better then the cyx_m8s_v8.6_ap6330_8g2g_kodi_addons_ota_150908_US B.img, the latest one sometimes freeze the device.
                              You can find it here: https://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?show...677576&st=3720

Comment

i have m8s but i don t know which version, i can t acces recovery, The unit now it s stuck on boot logo, i tried with toothpick reset in av hole , but the led is off and nothing happen , i buyed an usb-usb cable connect in otg port and computer, my computer it s recognized unknown device, i install driver from usb burn tool word cup device , but it s still unknown device in device manager,and usb tool doesn t see it. What to do from now ? thank you in advance.

and a firmware to unbrick it,
                                You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 3 photos.

Comment

• trebor
                                  trebor commented
                                  Editing a comment
                                  No need to post in all threads same Item you will get an answer.
                              Working...
                              X