ENY M8S -- Real or Clone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ENY M8S -- Real or Clone?

I've purchased directly from ENY at enybox.Com. I've been told elsewhere that the boxes that I have are close despite being purchased directly by ENY.

I have attached a few pictures, I apologize for them not being the best quality.
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 4 photos.

Repost your pictures. The links are broken.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

Comment

id say u got original

this wat clone looks like.

Comment

Can anyone tell me if these are clones?
        You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 7 photos.

Comment

Hi,
          this is more likely clone as heatsink is small and glued to chip and wifi antenna placement.
          Kind regards

Comment

Originally posted by linus.pl View Post
            Hi,
            this is more likely clone as heatsink is small and glued to chip and wifi antenna placement.
            Kind regards
            Thanks linus.pl I thought so but wasn't 100% sure as I was told to look for the wifi under the board. I was told these were genuine but guess not, sending them back then. Wifi is the yellow piece correct? as that is the only thing I could find, nothing under the board.

If you wouldn't mind then I am reading a lot about no firmware even for the genuine Android boxes of the M8S so would anyone or yourself suggest staying away from these for lack of support in firmware or? recommend a GENUINE dealer of these that does put out firmware.

When I first booted one up, it was amazing audio/video, but finding tons of problems on lagging, pixilation, etc. Remote is terrible response, works when it wants to work...wifi obviously is not the best.

Thank you in advance of your time. I appreciate it!

Comment

@Kate: How much are you saving by purchasing the M8S versus the MXIII-G? There are many different firmware versions for this machine - KitKat, Lollipop, OpenELEC etc. You can also install firmware releases from either Beelink or Tronsmart and possibly Tronfy.

Comment

please see my board... Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4328.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	17.4 KB
ID:	548568

Comment

Originally posted by Lurker View Post
                  @Kate: How much are you saving by purchasing the M8S versus the MXIII-G? There are many different firmware versions for this machine - KitKat, Lollipop, OpenELEC etc. You can also install firmware releases from either Beelink or Tronsmart and possibly Tronfy.
                  Sorry for the late reply, these are using KitKat. Finding Genuine in Canada is not an easy task it seems I will look at the MXIII-G.
                  Thanks for replying

Comment

Originally posted by linus.pl View Post
                    please see my board... [ATTACH=CONFIG]n548568[/ATTACH]
                    Thanks linus.plso if I keep ONE of these boxes I would be safe to move the placement of the wifi. Very hard to find GENUINE boxes here in Canada it seems.
                    Last edited by Kate; 01-11-2016, 22:11.

Comment

@Kate: If you are interested in a genuine 2/8GB MXIII Plus (same Netxeon circuit board as MXIII-G, different branding) your can order one from Amazon Canada for ~$90 CAD. This is about $63 US which is one of the lowest prices currently for this Tronsmart machine. You should also be able to return it to Amazon if you have any problems. The reviews appear to be very positive.

Here are some reviews if you want to see how the machine performs. There are some WiFi benchmarks in the second review if you want to compare performance with the M8S.
                      The review of the MXIII-G TV Box. Find this tv box at the following retailers: Amazon US: http://amzn.to/20Vy50V Amazon UK: http://amzn.to/2dMys1b Amazon CA...

MXIII - G TV Box 2GB RAM 8GB ROM 4K x 2K H.265 Decoding Google TV Player Android 4.4 Quad Core Amlogic S812 1000M Ethernet HDMI 2.4G 5G WiFi Bluetooth Connectivity Hi all here we have my New MXiii G. The device arrived in 6 day's including the...

The lowest price currently for the MXIII-G 2/8GB appears to be from DealsMachine but you might have to pay additional duties on something shipped from China.

I have been using the older MXIII M82 model for more than a year and I have been very happy with it. I regularly use it to stream wirelessly from Hulu, Mobdro, MovieHD, Showbox, XBMC etc. There are many different firmwares available for this particular machine - Kitkat, Lollipop, OpenELEC - from multiple sources such as AZW, Beelink, Tronsmart, Probox etc. which is one of the reasons that it has become so popular.

Comment

Lurker

Thanks for the information I will look at these later today. Very helpful information...kudos to you!

Comment

Hey I had the same problem with an M8S 812 V1...after I installed Openelec it worked well for an entire evening and when I rebooted the next day all I got was the Blue Light... To fix it I used Windows 7 USB Burn Tool and this file m8s_ap6330_8g2g_150818_USB.
                          Worked like a charm and then I installed Openelec 5.9.5.3
                          I hope this helps!

Comment

Can anyone tell me is any of these pictures original. Only the seller of the first picture was glad to send me a picture fast, other pictures are from buyers...Need help ASAP as my coupon will expire in 3 days...Thanks in advance
                            You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 6 photos.

Comment

Originally posted by Lurker View Post
                              @Kate: If you are interested in a genuine 2/8GB MXIII Plus (same Netxeon circuit board as MXIII-G, different branding) your can order one from Amazon Canada for ~$90 CAD. This is about $63 US which is one of the lowest prices currently for this Tronsmart machine. You should also be able to return it to Amazon if you have any problems. The reviews appear to be very positive.

Here are some reviews if you want to see how the machine performs. There are some WiFi benchmarks in the second review if you want to compare performance with the M8S.
                              The review of the MXIII-G TV Box. Find this tv box at the following retailers: Amazon US: http://amzn.to/20Vy50V Amazon UK: http://amzn.to/2dMys1b Amazon CA...

MXIII - G TV Box 2GB RAM 8GB ROM 4K x 2K H.265 Decoding Google TV Player Android 4.4 Quad Core Amlogic S812 1000M Ethernet HDMI 2.4G 5G WiFi Bluetooth Connectivity Hi all here we have my New MXiii G. The device arrived in 6 day's including the...

The lowest price currently for the MXIII-G 2/8GB appears to be from DealsMachine but you might have to pay additional duties on something shipped from China.

I have been using the older MXIII M82 model for more than a year and I have been very happy with it. I regularly use it to stream wirelessly from Hulu, Mobdro, MovieHD, Showbox, XBMC etc. There are many different firmwares available for this particular machine - Kitkat, Lollipop, OpenELEC - from multiple sources such as AZW, Beelink, Tronsmart, Probox etc. which is one of the reasons that it has become so popular.
                              Hi Lurker - so for the firmware is it flashed from USB to USB, USB stick or SD CARD? Having a hard time finding a USB TO USB Cable that will work from computer to Android boxes here LOL The M8S they sent me a reflash for them but USB to USB will not connect, tried USB stick and SD card and errors out the wazoo. Sent all but one back as I figured I might as well play with it

Comment

Working...
                              X