ENY M8S -- Real or Clone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kezz View Post
    Hey I had the same problem with an M8S 812 V1...after I installed Openelec it worked well for an entire evening and when I rebooted the next day all I got was the Blue Light... To fix it I used Windows 7 USB Burn Tool and this file m8s_ap6330_8g2g_150818_USB.
    Worked like a charm and then I installed Openelec 5.9.5.3
    I hope this helps!
    Draw backs to Openelec if any? I mean can I still install APPS that I want to use?

Comment

@Kate: I think there is a choice of three different ways to upgrade the MXIII Plus Lollipop firmware - OTA (update automatically via the Internet), micro SD card or using a USB cable. I don't think that the OTA option is available for the Kitkat firmware. Currently the most popular firmwares are either 106L1 (Lollipop) and 316k4 (Kitkat). Here are the links as well as the upgrade instructions for the different methods. If you purchase an MXIII Plus test device from Amazon you should be able to return the unit if you ultimately prefer the M8S machines. The Amazon Canada machine is supplied by Geekbuying who have several support staff that are active on FreakTab if you require any assistance.

Tronsmart 106L1 (Lollipop) for MXIII Plus/MXIII-G
      Tronsmart is a leading brand innovating cutting-edge audio products such as speakers & headphones with premium sound quality.

Tronsmart 316k4 (Kitkat) for MXIII Plus/MXIII-G (use second link for SD card firmware - click on Download this File)
      Tronsmart is a leading brand innovating cutting-edge audio products such as speakers & headphones with premium sound quality.

I think most customers would prefer to use Android over OpenELEC as many of the most popular commercial streaming services such as Hulu, Netflix etc. are not available in Kodi. The main advantage of OpenELEC is the faster, smoother and more stable Kodi experience.

Comment

Originally posted by leafs87 View Post
        I've purchased directly from ENY at enybox.Com. I've been told elsewhere that the boxes that I have are close despite being purchased directly by ENY.

I have attached a few pictures, I apologize for them not being the best quality.
        It's a quality clone, referenced to ENY's earlier unit.. Probably N200. The "original" M8S had a larger heatsink and some cap. values were a bit higher voltage. Still, performance is identical EXCEPT for flashing new ROM. There you'd be advised to be very specific on your exact board numbers, or you will brick it. You've been warned....
        On the one someone posted as being The Clone - not really correct. Those that were linked were pictures of what is being sold now. They come with the rounded remote control. They are OK, but the N200 and the earlier "original" M8S have higher Benchmark scores. Units like yours are the better ones IMO, having played around with both versions. They run cooler too.

My biggest problem with any of these is the Android KitKat 4.4. I only buy Lollipop 5.1. Android did something stupid and prevented you from moving apps to an external SD card and despite many claims for SD Fix and similar programs, they rarely fix this problem. Lollipop 5.1 once again permits moving the apps and that saves space on the internal
        memory. I see some m8S are now coming with Lollipop 5.1, but I don't think yours is one of them as that's a recent development. Just don't go nuts on Apps and you'll be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Kate View Post
          Can anyone tell me if these are clones?
          Can anyone help me to find Out wich short Pin sound i Do for a sdcard install USB burning Tool dont Work IT Says burning complete But the Box wont Boot up i have the Same board like the one ive quote

Comment

Working...
          X