Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OTT m8s s812 Bricked? Fixable or paper weight?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OTT m8s s812 Bricked? Fixable or paper weight?

Hello!

Okay so I have been a lurker on this website for a while and I have tried a few different roms and firmware versions, which honestly was a bad idea because in the end I think what came on it was best, anyways some how one of the firmware versions someone had posted as being the newest for this box and I tried to sd card flash it like I had done with all other firmware's but for some reason this time, the screen went blank and my tv now says "No Signal" I have tried all different ways of fixing this with the toothpick method with all different various firmware's and u-boot.bin files tons and tons of different combo's and none has worked, so I am thinking I might have to short one of the jumpers or something like that I have been reading on here but I can't find a clear picture of exactly where this needs to be done or exactly how you are suppose to do that with something so small....really I am at my last straw I have tried everything and nothing has worked so I thought before I give up for good I would make a topic and ask for some help, so if anyone knows what specifically I can do to this box to get it to work please help, when I am trying to get into the recovery via the toothpick method the blue light does nothing it is always just solid never flashes or anything like that, as soon as I plug the power in the blue light comes on and stays on no matter how long I hold down the reset button inside the AV port...always just stays solid blue....if anyone needs any info from me in order to help me out please ask, I have tried everything I can think of so this is my last resort lol, I ordered a new MXIII-G so I hope it is a good one I haven't really seen that much about it on here, anyways thanks for reading .....I hope I am posting this in the correct area, I just noticed the acemax forum extension...

Hopefully somebody can help you to get your m8s working again.

If you want to avoid this happening again, either order the MXIII-G from Gearbest or an MXIII Plus from Geekbuying. They sell the genuine Netxeon/Beelink/Tronsmart machines which should allow you to easily upgrade the firmware. Most of the MXIII type machines on ****/Aliexpress are copies and you will have a lot of problems if you try to upgrade the firmware. Try to order from the US warehouse if you want to avoid customs fees.

China-1 Stock | Buy Tronsmart MXIII Plus Android 5.1 TV Box Amlogic S812 Quad Core 2GB/8GB 1000M Gigabit LAN HDMI BT4.0 2.4G/5G Wifi KODI OTG online at unbeatable prices. ✓Free Shipping ✓Limited Time Sale ✓Local Warehouses.

These threads show pictures of the differences between the original and one of the many copies ...

MXIII - G TV Box 2GB RAM 8GB ROM 4K x 2K H.265 Decoding Google TV Player Android 4.4 Quad Core Amlogic S812 1000M Ethernet HDMI 2.4G 5G WiFi Bluetooth Connectivity Hi all here we have my New MXiii G. The device arrived in 6 day's including the...

Post again if you want any more information.

Comment

Well yah I got my money back from the m8s and didn't have to send it back because I figured out it was a fake counterfeit, and I told the **** buyer that I was going to contact **** and paypal if he didn't send me my money right now and he refunded me my money right away, and I told **** about it anyways because this guy is selling tons and tons of them and making alot of money on a fake product. I used that money to buy the MXIII-G also from **** and it says it is a real genuine one, so if its not I will get my money back AGAIN because he told me that it was real and I have the messages on **** saved, but if it isn't I will get my money back and buy from one of the links you provided thanks, I didn't know either of those places have US warehouses because when I asked how long it would take to get to me they told me 15-21 days and I didn't want to wait that long....or longer since holidays are coming up, BUT even though I am getting a MXIII-G I would still really like to fix this m8s so I can give it to my brother to use because it actually worked rather well for being a fake....so I would really like if someone could help me I am surprised I haven't gotten a response from anyone until now, how do you update the MXIII-G is it very hard? Do you know if you can enable the android buttons at the bottom of the screen? That was one feature I really liked using sometimes on the m8s...thanks for your response lurker may your post will help get this thread jump started again thanks take care!

Brent

Comment

I had the exact same issue, bought an Ott TV Box from a vendor on Aliexpress, it stated that it came 'jailbroken', which I had assumed as rooted. Couldn't get SuperSU to install the binaries, none of the common root hacks worked (Towelroot), couldn't get the device into recovery mode to do anything more advanced.

I was working with them over some messages, he provided me a link to some new firmware. Wrote it to an SD card, box started to boot, then no video output. Left it for fifteen minutes, concerned that it was mid-flash, power cycled it, now only the red light. Boo.

Ordered a soldering kit, researching if there's a way to jumper it to get it into recovery mode or boot off the SD card.

Joel

Comment

Originally posted by joelmeckert View Post
          I had the exact same issue, bought an Ott TV Box from a vendor on Aliexpress, it stated that it came 'jailbroken', which I had assumed as rooted. Couldn't get SuperSU to install the binaries, none of the common root hacks worked (Towelroot), couldn't get the device into recovery mode to do anything more advanced.

I was working with them over some messages, he provided me a link to some new firmware. Wrote it to an SD card, box started to boot, then no video output. Left it for fifteen minutes, concerned that it was mid-flash, power cycled it, now only the red light. Boo.

Ordered a soldering kit, researching if there's a way to jumper it to get it into recovery mode or boot off the SD card.

Joel
          Good luck joelmeckert imo these boxes are junk I contacted the person who sold mine to me and he refunded my money and didn't even ask for the tv box back, that right there just shows how cheap he must have gotten them, ANYWAYS yesterday I received my NEW MXIII-G and it works so much more flawlessly! highly recommended on first impressions from the first day of owning it!

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisR132 View Post

Good luck joelmeckert imo these boxes are junk I contacted the person who sold mine to me and he refunded my money and didn't even ask for the tv box back, that right there just shows how cheap he must have gotten them, ANYWAYS yesterday I received my NEW MXIII-G and it works so much more flawlessly! highly recommended on first impressions from the first day of owning it!

That's how it seems. I bought the box, as I subscribed to an IPTV service that has local channels, and the company that offers the service was selling the same box and keyboard for $200. $82 CAD, @ $61 USD with shipping, seemed pretty reasonable for the whole deal. I figured the same hardware, in the event that I had a problem with the IPTV service, would make the most sense.

What is the MXIII-G based on? I have a full HTPC, 8 GB RAM, fast processor. Bought the Android box to play on and possibly have a simpler interface than a full HTPC with Windows.

Comment

it has the s812 quadcore 2ghz 2gb of ddr3 octacore mali-450 its very fast and I got it on **** from a person I trust and says on the buying page these are real and original so I knew I would get my money back if when I received it, it wasn't real but it is real I opened it up and checked and it is 1000% more reliable than the m8s box I had, it hasn't crashed once I haven't had any problems at all, I wish I understood those IPTV services could you explain them to me? I mostly just use the addon's that have any tv show any movie you want but it would be nice to get live tv I just don't understand the IPTV stuff....lol thanks

Comment

I wouldn't believe it is real just because they say it is, still could be a clone.

Best way to find out is to open it up and post pictures of the insides.

The M8S aren't bad, you just need to get them from either ENY or Acemax. Too many rip off these boxes.

Comment

Originally posted by leafs87 View Post
                  I wouldn't believe it is real just because they say it is, still could be a clone.

Best way to find out is to open it up and post pictures of the insides.

The M8S aren't bad, you just need to get them from either ENY or Acemax. Too many rip off these boxes.
                  Yes I didn't believe just because they said that, like I said above I did open it up and compare the internals of it to pictures posted of the real deal, and yes I agree the m8s specs are good so if you get a real one from places such as the ones you listed I agree it would be a great box...

Comment

Working...
                  X