Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M8s problem

Hi all,

Just wondering if someone could shed some light on my problem. I ordered 2 m8s boxes which arrived, they are the ott 4k m8s boxes, everything was ok on them bar 2 buttons upside down, the volume + button was the menu botton and the home button was the - volume button and vice versa. It started getting to me having the buttons in the wrong place so i decided to look online were someone suggested flashing the box which i have done and now i have a solid red light, so im guessing i have bricked it some how? before i flashed i tried a few firmwares and it kept keeping me the error that it was a n200c device and not a bmc or something like that, anyway tried to get into recovery mode again and nothing is happening can anyone out there help me or give me some "decent" advice? id like to sort the other m8s button problem out aswell if possible? i have tried getting into the usb burner, it connects with success but then fails get an error ROMCODE/INITIALIZE DDR/READ INITIALIZE STATUS/USB CONTROL SETUP ERROR? Any help would be most appreciated
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Anyone??? possible an android guru!

Comment

this is wat fake looks like

Comment

My board is bricked too but I haven't tried the usb burner, still waiting for my usb cable. I gambled flashing it with an "OpenELEC-Amlogic.arm-M8S-6.0.0.zip" firmware. I have the same board except mine is version 1.3. The last firmware update I loaded was "n200C-ota-20151114.zip" that I got from my vendor. I had the old remote, no colorfull bottons.

Comment

Originally posted by jamiehaworth View Post
          Hi all,

Just wondering if someone could shed some light on my problem. I ordered 2 m8s boxes which arrived, they are the ott 4k m8s boxes, everything was ok on them bar 2 buttons upside down, the volume + button was the menu botton and the home button was the - volume button and vice versa. It started getting to me having the buttons in the wrong place so i decided to look online were someone suggested flashing the box which i have done and now i have a solid red light, so im guessing i have bricked it some how? before i flashed i tried a few firmwares and it kept keeping me the error that it was a n200c device and not a bmc or something like that, anyway tried to get into recovery mode again and nothing is happening can anyone out there help me or give me some "decent" advice? id like to sort the other m8s button problem out aswell if possible? i have tried getting into the usb burner, it connects with success but then fails get an error ROMCODE/INITIALIZE DDR/READ INITIALIZE STATUS/USB CONTROL SETUP ERROR? Any help would be most appreciated
          Since you have 2 boxes, you can use TWRP to backup the good box then restore to the other box.

Comment

Working...
          X