Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OTT M8S dead??

Hello Everyone!

I have just registered, as I found You when searching for answers for my "zombie" M8S! :P

So, here is what happened: I have purchased a M8S S812 OTT, 2 Gb RAM a couple of weeks ago, from ****. Bought it mainly to use Kodi.. First week, everything was fine, but second week the tv box started to freeze every time I opened Kodi ( it came with Kodi 14.2 ) and had to unplug the power conector to use the box again.. Every other app worked fine, without freezing..

I haven't flash any firmware or any other files, and the only thing I did was uninstall a few apps, like Netflix, Twitter, Skype and a couple more.. Tried other versions of Kodi (15.0; .1; .2, 16), bu t no change.. After 1 minute of use, the box froze every time..

Then I thought it would be a good idea to reinstall the apps I uninstalled and then reinstall Kodi 14.2. Did all the others, but then froze again at the end of the installation of Kodi and it has been dead since then! This was like 3 or 4 day ago..

I tried to reset the box through the reset button inside the A / V port, but no luck.. Didn't show any signs of life!..

So... any suggestions of how can I revive this thing?? Please?..

I leave you a picture of the box specs and other with the last freeze.. After this one, unplugged the power cord and the box never came to life again..

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me!

Attached Files
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.
    Last edited by migasbr; 01-04-2016, 23:50.

Mmm... try making 1080i or 1080p/720p as your default resolution since you said that everything works except for Kodi, play changing or disassembling some of the Hardware acceleration or switching to Software acceleration.... And if any of that works you should try with SPMC

Comment

Hi teckem, thanks I tried that. My problem now is that the box is completely dead... Didn't anything to brick, so I don't know if it bricked by itself or if it is a malfunction...

Comment

Hi,
        it seams to be hardware issue. If you can just send it back to seller.
        If not...
        1. check heatsink and mounting because this symptoms could be issued by overheating
        2. try to unbrick with USB method Amlogic USB Burning Tool: https://mega.nz/#!VgYmhCJB!Fz_tT_S_X...cKQEbAAcRGrD2M
        if you have AP6330 chip please use: m8s_ap6330_8g2g_150818_USB.rar
        otherwise try to find matching one.
        Kind regards

Comment

Sounds like a hardware issue. If you don't want to send back to seller you could try the suggestion in the below link. This is for the bcm4335 which it appears you have.
          **************I HAVE TRACKED DOWN SOME NEW FILES NOW ABLE TO RESTORE THE BOX to 10/29 WITH 2 STEPS****************** FEEL FREE TO SEND ME ANY LINKS TO ANY ROMS THAT

Comment

Hey guys, thanks for the suggestions! I'm starting to believe that is a hardware issue as well.... Yesterday I tried SD Card method, but didn't work.. Kept as dead as it was before! Today I want to get a male to male cable to try the method with the burning tool...

In the meantime I have contacted the seller, see if I can return it.

I'll let you know how it went the new adventure!

Comment

Ok guys, I'm stuck again... Can't go past the 2% with the USB Burning Tool.. I tried different USB ports, different versions of the USB Burning Tool and tried on Windows 10 and on XP, usiing VM Ware virtual machine. As far as I can see, libusb are correctly installed, because the tv box shows up in the device manager..

Today I'll try it with a laptop running windows 7, see if there's any changes..

Can anyone give more info about the error?.. Thanks!

You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Hi,
                please change USB lead as well, but small chance it will work. Someone here (FREAKTAB) has the similar issue but I can't find that post again.
                Again, sounds like hardware issue. Sorry.
                Kind regards

Comment

Hey linus.pl, I don't think is the cable as it is brand new... Bought it yesterday, just for this.. I'll try today with Windows 7 and if it doesn't work I'll return it to the seller... Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                  X